User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the tips!
    On our last trip, we had problems getting our WH-6GEA working (neither gas nor electric was working) but reseating all electrical connections on the water heater fixed it, that time.
    Today, I ordered these parts, to have as spares for future trips:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 (2 amp fuses)
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 (thermal fuse kit)
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 (thermostat/ECO switch kit)
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 (gas igniter kit)

Without hot water, my DW would NOT be a happy camper!

Safe travels to all.
    PapaD & GrandAnna
    2021 Imagine 2670MK
    2021 Silverado 2500 LTZ, 6.6 Duramax, Allison 10

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been there, done that. You should also keep a spare control board, high temperature cut off sensor and thermostat on hand too. Don't be surprised when you give up in frustration and replace the water heater with a competing brand in a couple of years......
    Doug, Patti and our puppy Leo are from upstate NY.
    Imagine 2019 XLS 18RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadeo6472 View Post
    Been there, done that. You should also keep a spare control board, high temperature cut off sensor and thermostat on hand too. Don't be surprised when you give up in frustration and replace the water heater with a competing brand in a couple of years......
    Well that is discouraging, what brand did you decide was better? How long has the new one been trouble free, and what brand and model did you replace it with?
    Bob & Francie - Oceanside CA
    2018 F150 Platinum, SuperCrew 4x4 3.5L V6 EB, 145”WB, Max trailer tow pkg
    Our RV: Imagine 2022 XLS 22MLE - Purchased 2/22/2022.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanteer View Post
    Well that is discouraging, what brand did you decide was better? How long has the new one been trouble free, and what brand and model did you replace it with?
    I haven't given up on my OEM Atwood/Dometic heater just yet. Because my warranty was paying, it was "rebuiit" instead. A rebuild was cheaper than replacement. It got an aftermarket control board, igniter, (adjustable) thermostat, high temp sensor, burner, and more parts I don't remember.. The rebuild cost me $0.00, but cost the warranty company about $350, somewhat less than the replacement Suburban brand water heater my technician found for it. He commented that the only reason to keep the original one was that I didn't have to pay the $500 for a replacement. Next time it dies it will probably be removed.
    Imagine 2019 XLS 18RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then there is my experience where I have never had an Atwood or Atwood/Dometic water heater ever fail on me in over 25 years.
    Is Dadeo6472 unlucky, or am I lucky?
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    Then there is my experience where I have never had an Atwood or Atwood/Dometic water heater ever fail on me in over 25 years.
    Is Dadeo6472 unlucky, or am I lucky?
    Its probably a bit of both. The technician at my dealer was telling me that they'd seen more problems with recently manufactured water heaters that used the same board. The board that my dealer put in is obviously different from the original. I wish I had taken side by side pictures. The biggest difference to my eye was that the new one's circuitry was coated, while the circuitry on the old one looked like it was encased in semi clear plastic. To me it looked like the old one was better protected, but the techie thought that encasing it in plastic might have made heat dissipation more difficult, so they were failing.

So far we've camped for over 3 months since and it hasn't failed. But then only the tank is the same as what came in the trailer when I bought it!
    Imagine 2019 XLS 18RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12