User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, just finished the install today of our Lippert 5000 Series Slide topper

The install was actually easier than I expected, done in less than 2 hours

So glad I did it

Rick
    2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
    2022 Imagine 2500RL

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toy4Rick View Post
    Well, just finished the install today of our Lippert 5000 Series Slide topper

The install was actually easier than I expected, done in less than 2 hours

So glad I did it

Rick
    How is the quality of the Lippert 5000? Is it sturdy and fit together tight? Is the fabric tight when the slide is extended? I am looking at these toppers for my rig.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 Dually

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe the quality is very good. The fabric is heavy duty and is nice and taught when it is fully extended. The spring in the topper is quite strong which gives it a good tightness.

The installation instructions are not great, but they're okay. It really helped to watch the video on LCI1.com and once I read through the instructions and watched the video, the installation was straightforward.

I would definitely recommend the lippert product for a slide topper

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe the quality is very good. The fabric is heavy duty and is nice and taught when it is fully extended. The spring in the topper is quite strong which gives it a good tightness.

The installation instructions are not great, but they're okay. It really helped to watch the video on LCI1.com and once I read through the instructions and watched the video, the installation was straightforward.

Thanks for the reply. Good to hear they are a quality product.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 Dually

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the input. Planning a topper for our coach when we get it in April.

Where did you purchase? How was shipping/packaging?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I purchased it directly from Lippert, it was easy. I suggest calling them as the sizing can be a bit iffy if you are in between sizes like I was

In my case, the slide width was on the very upper end of one size or the very bottom end of the next size up

They have a spreadsheet, you give them the box width, they tell you which one to order, in my case they suggested the next size up as slightly larger is better and in my case, it was a good call

As for shipping, it came in a 10' tube about 8" in diameter, very sturdy. One end was sealed well with a cap, the other end was open and the plastic bag was hanging out, luckily there was no damage

BTW, what I found on Amazon for a few bucks less was not the newest Series 5000 model which is why I went directly to Lippert

Overall good experience

Rick
    2022 Imagine 2500RL

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you did the Solera 5000 install did you use the Grand Design pre installed rail or install your own rails on the trailer? I ask because my GD pre installed rails over the slides are 2” above the T moulding and Lippert recommends 3”-6” above T moulding. If you used GD rail do you know the height off the T rail and is the slope away from the trailer adequate to drain water?
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 Dually

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Always Learning View Post
    When you did the Solera 5000 install did you use the Grand Design pre installed rail or install your own rails on the trailer? I ask because my GD pre installed rails over the slides are 2” above the T moulding and Lippert recommends 3”-6” above T moulding. If you used GD rail do you know the height off the T rail and is the slope away from the trailer adequate to drain water?
    My Imagine does not have factory installed rails so I had to install. I put my rail all the way to the top near the roof which gave me just over 4" above the T rail on the slide out. I also used the higher position on the slide mount and the slope is perfect. If your rail is only 2" above the slide T rail, you might consider using the lower position of the bracket on the slide out, it will give you ~1.5 inches more which will add to your slight slope

Good luck
    2022 Imagine 2500RL

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Imagine does not have factory installed rails so I had to install. I put my rail all the way to the top near the roof which gave me just over 4" above the T rail on the slide out. I also used the higher position on the slide mount and the slope is perfect. If your rail is only 2" above the slide T rail, you might consider using the lower position of the bracket on the slide out, it will give you ~1.5 inches more which will add to your slight slope

Good luck
    Thanks for the reply and the additional info. I am considering adding a second rail above the existing factory rail to get more slope. It will be summer before this happens.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 Dually

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my case, the fabric is 2" above the slide T rail and if the slide mounting bracket were in the lower position (down 1") the fabric would sill not touch the T rail, see the 2 yelo lines

If it were me, I would try the factory mounted rail and if it doesn't work then install a new rail above...

YMMV
    Good luck
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PXL_20230129_170122074.jpg  
    2022 Imagine 2500RL

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast