Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RV parks I-40

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RV parks I-40

Hello, early Mar we will be headed back home down I-40 East. Can I get some suggestions campgrounds Amarillo TX, Fort Smith AR or close to the Ozarks, & Memphis TN. Asking a lot I know.......just know this group gives great advice ;-)
    Thanks!
    JP
    2019 Reflection 303RLS 5th wheel
    2020 F-250 SRW Lariat Crew Cab
    Pull Rite 16k Super Slide

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry P View Post
    Hello, early Mar we will be headed back home down I-40 East. Can I get some suggestions campgrounds Amarillo TX, Fort Smith AR or close to the Ozarks, & Memphis TN. Asking a lot I know.......just know this group gives great advice ;-)
    Thanks!
    Amarillo.....Rt. 66 RV Ranch
    Ft. Smith......Fort Smith/Alma RV Park
    Memphis area is big. lots of choices there. If you don't mind going south of Memphis about 15 to 20 miles, EZ Daze RV Park in Southaven, MS is a nice one. Another option is the Agricenter RV campground....it's a bit south and East of Memphis, and located in Shelby Farms Park

The EZ Daze in Southaven is right next to a very large RV dealership....Southaven RV....that is where we bought our GD. Momentum back in early 2019.....just in case you need something RV related.
    Last edited by xrated; 01-22-2023 at 03:06 PM.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have used RV Trip Wizard to plan our last few (very long) trips. It's a subscription app, but well worth every penny in my opinion. The user enters parameters for the RV, minimum, maximum, and target driving ranges for each day's drive, and maps out routes that are RV appropriate. You can record your reservation information in it, as well.

https://tripwizard.rvlife.com/

For travel in mountainous regions, I also use The Mountain Directory (digital copy on my laptop).

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We stayed at Fort Amarillo RV Resort, sufficiently roomy pull through sites, easy off and easy on to I40. Just at the edge of the city so any shopping needed is nearby.
    2022 Reflection150 226RK
    2022 F150 Powerboost hybrid with 3.5L Ecoboost

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DougW9876 View Post
    We stayed at Fort Amarillo RV Resort, sufficiently roomy pull through sites, easy off and easy on to I40. Just at the edge of the city so any shopping needed is nearby.
    Fort Amarillo and Rt 66 RV Ranch are literally about a 1/2 mile apart, but on the opposite sides of the Interstate.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all for the "where to stay" and good advice on trip wizard @rob!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 for RV Trip Wizard, great resource and worth the price for trip planning.

If you end up making it further east than Amarillo but not as far as OK City, Wanderlust RV park in Weatherford, OK was a great full hook up CG we stayed at on the way home from the ABQ Balloon Fiesta.
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4, CC, SRW, 6.6L L8T Gas, MYD 6-Speed
    2022 Reflection 303RLS w/ Gen-Y Executive gooseneck conversion hitch
    630aH LiFePO4 Lion Energy battery bank, Victron Multi-Plus II Inverter, Victron MPPT, 563w solar array, CerboGX, 40a DC-DC charger

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    I have used RV Trip Wizard to plan our last few (very long) trips. It's a subscription app, but well worth every penny in my opinion. The user enters parameters for the RV, minimum, maximum, and target driving ranges for each day's drive, and maps out routes that are RV appropriate. You can record your reservation information in it, as well.

https://tripwizard.rvlife.com/

For travel in mountainous regions, I also use The Mountain Directory (digital copy on my laptop).

Rob
    +2 for the RV Trip Wizard. Been using it now a few years on both our laptop and iPhones. My navigator especially likes the printed turn by turn you can get by exporting your trip into excel. You can also export to your GPS. I have to do some editing in excel to get everything we want fitted onto single landscape pages, we don't use everything it exports like GPS coordinates. We also like the iPhone RV Life app which is a GPS app and you get access to your Trip Wizard saved trips. It will also keep track of your trips estimated fuel and camping expenses.

Now Trip Wizard doesn't always know about every fuel station (Buc-ee's, Roadrunner fuel stations for example) or campground or any Harvest Host / Boondocking sites, but you can always enter a specific address into RV Trip Wizard. We also use other apps like RV Parky, Allstays and Harvest Hosts for example to get the specific address, and then type it into RV Trip Wizard and it plots the route for us.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just FYI...there are numerous discount codes out there for RV Trip Wizard. Just do a google search and you'll find several.
    2016 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
    2021 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3550BH

Camp Sites - https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?m...fw&usp=sharing

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RV Trip Wizard does a pretty good job, but I still prefer Basecamp. But I do use Camp Reviews, which is part of RV Trip Wizard, to help find RV resorts and such. I think part of my issue with RV Trip Wizard is the online-only access, and the very cluttered screen when trying to suss out a route.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast