Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for your misery and frustration.

We purchased our first GD RV in 2016 from their approved dealer in Albuquerque (Aloha RV). We were satisfied with the experience at the time, and we had good (though limited) experiences with them afterward.

Nonetheless, while still residing in New Mexico, and after checking with numerous dealerships (online/phone) in TX, NM, CO, and AZ, we purchased our 2021 Solitude from Affinity RV in Prescott Valley, AZ because they had the exact model that we wanted… on their lot. We had a GREAT experience with them, and would absolutely return there if we were still living in the Southwest or if we’re traveling through AZ.

Of course, things change, so explore what others have to say about various dealerships to help you decide on your next steps.

Lastly, we’ve also taken advantage of GD recommend Mobile Techs for various work, as well as having GD send us parts to do work ourselves. We’re satisfied customers with our experiences over the past eight years.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i'll chime in with a long time ago situation we had.
    In short, purchased a 303 rls fifth wheel from a local dealer in Phx, had some issues, dealer caused and got authorizaiton to take it to another dealer for repair, they also messed up a few things. during a trip, we had some more issues, some left over from dealer caused and i reached out to GD for help. We were within the year of warranty, about 9 months. in the meantime the trailer was back at repair places for about 3 months of those 9.
    I asked to just bring it to the factory and exchange it for another. This was in July/August of that year, 2016. They made an appointment for mid September for us to bring it back to the factory. We did, they had it for 3 days, paid for our room, (we got a cabin at a close by RV park. first night we unloaded our stuff, took it to them on day two, picked it up and went back and loaded our stuff, stayed one more night at the park in the trailer and never had another issue with it again. They reimbursed us for roundtrip fuel and lodging for the trip and added 6 months warranty to our trailer. We were literally happy campers.
    Not sure if that will get you going, but if under warranty, it is worth a call to GD service. We have since traded that one and have another which is the 337. didn't get it from the same dealer and have been happy with it since the beginning. Dealer we go the new one from was Affinity in Prescott Valley.
    Good Luck.
    Jeff & Karen
    Peoria, Arizona

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sipperandkat View Post
    Great thanks, I had planned on calling no matter what, but somewhat knowing if that was within the realm of possibility or a 'that can never happen' was my first interest. Thanks so much!
    @sipperandkat -

In addition to the advice from @WhittleBurner above, Blue Compass RV in Colorado Springs is a Grand Design dealer. We, ourselves, have used mobile RV techs a number of times (several times to avoid dealing with Holiday World in Las Cruces as mentioned by @kb0zke ) to accomplish in- and out-of-warranty repairs. GD reimbursed us for the warranty repairs each time.

Here are a few forum tips:

1) If you use "Reply With Quote" (to the right of "Reply") as I have here, folks will know to whom you are responding and that person will get a notification.

2) You can also tag folks using the "@" symbol and their user name (as I have done yours) - they'll also get a notification that way.

3) You can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    @sipperandkat -

In addition to the advice from @WhittleBurner above, Blue Compass RV in Colorado Springs is a Grand Design dealer. We, ourselves, have used mobile RV techs a number of times (several times to avoid dealing with Holiday World in Las Cruces as mentioned by @kb0zke ) to accomplish in- and out-of-warranty repairs. GD reimbursed us for the warranty repairs each time.

Here are a few forum tips:

1) If you use "Reply With Quote" (to the right of "Reply") as I have here, folks will know to whom you are responding and that person will get a notification.

2) You can also tag folks using the "@" symbol and their user name (as I have done yours) - they'll also get a notification that way.

3) You can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Rob
    Thanks Rob, I noticed that too, but wasn't sure if they were authorized or not, sincefor some reason they were not showing up in dealer search for CO zip codes when I was searching. If so, great. And thanks for post ettiquette tips!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JFF&KRN View Post
    i'll chime in with a long time ago situation we had.
    Thanks, and that's good to hear (and I've read similar). So far Grand Design has been great. The two times we had to call to confirm something from the Windish folks that didn't sound right, they helped us out. That's why I wanted to stay with GD, just not the eventual service. Sounds like though, even though GD doesn't seem to easily list them, there's a Blue COmpass in Colorado Springs that is a GD dealer now...used to be Cousins? I can't keep track...but so far it sounds like I may have a few more options but worst case ,GD will do what they can and has done somethign similar in the past (which is GREAT news), so thanks for helping confirm Jeff and Karen!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Mesa View Post
    Lastly, we’ve also taken advantage of GD recommend Mobile Techs for various work, as well as having GD send us parts to do work ourselves. We’re satisfied customers with our experiences over the past eight years.
    Thanks, that is good to know. I wish we could have done that with the AC and brakes/axles, but GD did say we had to go through that dealership to get those specific issues resolved...

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sande005 View Post
    Many is the tale told here (and on FB) over the years of easily having a 3rd party perform service/warranty work. The only issues that seem to pop up:
    All *excellent points*, thanks for listing them out for me! And yea I know some will be too big (in past the axels and AC unit), but hopefully/thankfully the next unit won't? But I'm fine with bigger items for repair, at a new dealer who I can only hope is good....I just don't want to go to the one I *KNOW* is bad heh, thankfully I have a GREAT RV repairman that does most all of our service (anymore I just pay than fight Windish, it's just faster and easier) for the simpler stuff...but I don't want to have to do that again.

Thanks so much, great info!
    --
    Grand Design 2022 2670MK
    GMC Sierra 2500

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Rob, I noticed that too, but wasn't sure if they were authorized or not, sincefor some reason they were not showing up in dealer search for CO zip codes when I was searching. If so, great. And thanks for post ettiquette tips!
    That's how I found them (using a Denver zip code on the GD web site). They have lots of new GD units on their lot, too.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So very long story somewhat shorter, we bought a 2670MK from Windish in Colorado, who is apparently Grand Design's only dealer for the state of CO. After purchase, we had the following issues:
    We purchased a new 2023 Reflection 297 RSTS from Cousins RV, now owned by Blue Compass RV, on 30 August 2023. Have not been through their service department yet but, they are replacing the awning when we get back from our shake down trip. They gave me what I think is a decent deal. I purchased the 2023 from them for $500 more than Windish was going to sell me a 2022 for. I went to Windish in Denver and purchased in the Springs.
    Last edited by rottekatz; 09-25-2023 at 09:11 PM.
    2023 Reflection, 297RSTS
    2023 F250, CC, SWB, 7.3 Godzilla
    Reese Strait-Line Hitch
    SGM, USA (Ret), SCUBA Diver

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought our 2023 GD from Cousins/Blue Compass in the Springs and while we got a great deal on the rig, I would never take it there for service. The walkthough was a waste of time, we had them install a goose box and the nuts were at least 100lbs under torqued on our rig (after they initially installed it on the wrong rig) and previous service experiences with our old Lance completely turned me off. When we bought, they had the model we wanted and I threw ought what I thought was a super low out the door offer and they accepted. Even ran it by windish on a 2022 model and they told me to take the Cousins price.

There were several small warranty issues to handle and I went straight to GD and they sent me everything. Entry door, taillight and water heater circuit board. Installed myself, but they did offer to work with me on a mobile tech.

So, would I go back to them for service, heck no. Would I buy another from them, yes if the price is right. My dealer expectations are beyond low. Just want the best out the door price. I would much prefer to support an indpendant tech for service/repairs/warranty.
    2023 Reflection 324MBS
    2020 Sierra 2500
    Colorado Springs, CO
    www.eatmorecorn.com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast