User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Insulating the storage space under our bed

We winter in the hills of South Carolina. Still gets cold at night and the furnace runs alot. The mattress in our 2150RB Imagine sits over the pass thru storage. We found that the mattress gets wet from the heat in the camper vs the cold of the storage bay. I have placed some "reflectix" type insulation that I bought at Home Depot under the mattress to see if that will help. Was wondering if anybody has insulated in the storage area under the bed? Was thinking about Styrofoam panels between the aluminum ribs? Any ideas would be appreciated. Thank you.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob @Second Chance posted this not to long ago.
    https://www.mattressinsider.com/matt...revention.html

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes. I did it. Used a foam with a foil backing and sealed it to the structure with similar tape meant to work with the panels. Very happy with the result. We also sealed all around the plywood base of the bed with lexel, there was noticeable airflow there.

In my floor plan, the side wall of the storage will let cold air through as well. It is supposed to be that way, as the pass through is supposed to be conditioned, but we didn’t like it. So I insulated all but the multi function panel. Your floor plan this is likely less of an issue.
    2022 Transcend Xplor 240ML
    2019 Imagine XLS 17MKE (sold 8/22)
    2017 Ford F-150 XLT 5.0 Fx4
    Blue Ox WDH