User Tag List

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mbergthold View Post
    I just re-checked ours, nada. So if it was shipped with it from the factory, it was removed prior to delivery. Can anyone from Grand Design chime in and let us know if the components are a special order or included with the prep?
    Imagines were never equipped with the tire linc system
    Only the prep which includes the base which you get regardless when you order the kit

It was done just for marketing imo. Useless

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Imagines were never equipped with the tire linc system
    Only the prep which includes the base which you get regardless when you order the kit
    It was done just for marketing imo. Useless
    Totally agree!
    Mark and Judy
    USN/USAF family (parents and kids)
    2021 F350 Lariat Crew 4x4 SRW 7.3 Godzilla
    2021 Imagine 2500RL w/Hensley Arrow hitch

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mbergthold View Post
    I just re-checked ours, nada. So if it was shipped with it from the factory, it was removed prior to delivery. Can anyone from Grand Design chime in and let us know if the components are a special order or included with the prep?
    Grand Design doesn't monitor this site.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, Curtis.
    Mark and Judy
    USN/USAF family (parents and kids)
    2021 F350 Lariat Crew 4x4 SRW 7.3 Godzilla
    2021 Imagine 2500RL w/Hensley Arrow hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just picked up my 2021 3110BH. There is no power to the TireLinc docking station that was installed at the factory. A technician told me there was an inline fuse but I have not been able to locate it. Any ideas?

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally I would forget about that TireLinc system and go with something different. Lots of good systems out there for less money. TireMinder is good. Thats what I'm using. And with the poor build quality on Grand Design changes are that dock station probably isn't connected to anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, Gord. You are probably right but I will spend a little more time on it before I give up. Thanks again for the feedback.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RGuidry View Post
    I just picked up my 2021 3110BH. There is no power to the TireLinc docking station that was installed at the factory. A technician told me there was an inline fuse but I have not been able to locate it. Any ideas?
    Never used the system myself, but pulled docking station out of our 31MB. I recall docking station had light gauge red and black wire that was fed behind the 5in control panel. Removed handful of screws for control panel and there were some wago splicer clips (https://www.wago.com/us/lp-221) that was getting power and feeding power to control panel and docking station (never checked power on docking station, as I just pulled wires). Dont recall seeing a fuse on ours but wasnt digging in the space too much as splicer made it easy to remove two wires for the docking station. If you have the right splicers you should be able to secure docking power wires into splicer at the control panel location.
    2020 GMC 3500 Denali SRW SB Duramax 4x4
    2021 Reflection 31MB Goosebox 16k

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started this thread and would like to add an update. I ended up purchasing the tire linc kit, which does come with the dock as many state. What the prep helped me with was wiring the dock. That made the install a breeze

Now down to its functionality as a system. The warnings will get sent to your phone in less than a minute of a threshold you’ve set being reached. Well at least when testing these in my driveway while setting things up.

In actual use I am not sure what might happen as when I wake my phone which I have the tire linc app running on there might be several minutes where it says “connecting”. Then after some time it usually connects and gives me regular updates while I have my iPhone open and woke in that app. If I let it go to sleep the entire process starts over.

I just don’t know what will happen during an actual event. Will it trigger a notification right away on my phone like it does when testing it in my driveway with the app open??????

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammer View Post
    I started this thread and would like to add an update. I ended up purchasing the tire linc kit, which does come with the dock as many state. What the prep helped me with was wiring the dock. That made the install a breeze

Now down to its functionality as a system. The warnings will get sent to your phone in less than a minute of a threshold you’ve set being reached. Well at least when testing these in my driveway while setting things up.

In actual use I am not sure what might happen as when I wake my phone which I have the tire linc app running on there might be several minutes where it says “connecting”. Then after some time it usually connects and gives me regular updates while I have my iPhone open and woke in that app. If I let it go to sleep the entire process starts over.

I just don’t know what will happen during an actual event. Will it trigger a notification right away on my phone like it does when testing it in my driveway with the app open??????
    Did you get the remote sensor (I think that's what it is called)? It's a snickers sized black plastic box with a button and an LED on the front. I put that in the cab of the truck, and when I get in, I open the Compass Connect app, navigate to the Tire Linc option, and press the button on the remote sensor. I then verify that all 4 tires have refreshed within a few seconds of each other. At that point, you can dismiss (not close and remove from your app history) Compass Connect and it will continue to monitor the tires. I obsessed over it for the first two days of our trip back home, then forgot on the third day. I did have to push the button on the fourth day to get it to update.

Then, after the coach was in storage for 3 weeks, before we were able to take it back out, I had to push the button on the remote sensor to get it all to sync up.

Mind you, I'm on Android, not iOS, so I can't speak to Apple.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast