User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New to Grand Design - waste tank question

New to the GD family. Wife and I purchased a 2018 Solitude 310GK-R yesterday and are very impressed with the quality. We are from north Alabama and plan on going full time in a few months.
    Quick question please and I apologise if on the wrong section.
    I see only one GRAY tank handle for dumping the tanks. Are there two separate tanks for the galley and bathroom?
    Thanks for the help!!

Dwight

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our Solitude has 3 "t" pulls -- two grey and one black. We have separate bath and kitchen tanks. Do you have separate sensors for two grey tanks?
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the family! Now you can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you ask a question. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

As to your question, our 2020 310GK-R has three pull handles - one for the black tank and one for each of the two gray tanks.

When I'm through writing this, I'll move this thread over to Plumbing and Water Systems for you.

Happy camping!

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwight1951 View Post
    New to the GD family. Wife and I purchased a 2018 Solitude 310GK-R yesterday and are very impressed with the quality. We are from north Alabama and plan on going full time in a few months.
    Quick question please and I apologise if on the wrong section.
    I see only one GRAY tank handle for dumping the tanks. Are there two separate tanks for the galley and bathroom?
    Thanks for the help!!

Dwight
    Yes. We have one black and two grey waste tanks on our 2018 310GK. One grey tank is for the kitchen and the other is the bathroom (shower and sink). There is only one outlet (sewer hose attachment). Each tank has a separate pull handle at the bottom of the docking compartment (Nautilus panel).I should note that one grey tank pull has a black COLORED handle. Do you have only two handles? Below is a picture from our trailer. 3 T handles at bottom for dump valves.

Chris

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8993.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	92.7 KB 
ID:	32042
    Last edited by CoChris; 02-11-2021 at 05:47 PM.
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwight1951 View Post
    Hello and welcome.

Do you have two BLACK handles and one gray one? Our trailer did until I got the dealer to change it. Maybe the factory ran out of gray.

If yours is built like older 310GK models then you'll have three pull handles at the bottom of the water closet.

- The left-most one should be for your one black tank - only the toilet drains into that.

- The middle one should be for your bathroom gray tank - shower and sink.

- The right-most one should be for your kitchen gray tank.

All three tanks empty into a 3-to-1 manifold which empties out the dump pipe. You may find that after you drain all tanks dry, close up the valves, and move to your next campsite, when you remove the dump pipe cap a few cups or more of sewage will come out. It's pretty common for stuff to get trapped in the manifold and it only travels down the dump pipe after the trailer has jiggled and rolled down the road. The easiest way to deal with that is to put one of the valves below on the dump pipe, so you can remove the cap and attach your dump hose before releasing sewage waiting at the end of the dump pipe.

https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-T58-...3091591&sr=8-2

Hope this helps.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally got to use the Solitude and it is a very nice unit.
    This 5'er evidently came with factory washer and dryer. So I either have one LARGE grey tank or two that are plumbed together. Only grey1 on the montor panel shows anything and the one grey handle dump works on that tank. I filled to 1/3 full with the galley faucet and shut it off. Used the bathroom lav and tank reading went to full after a while.
    Now for the bad news. I used the black tank flush for an hour or two when i first hooked to sewer. Flushed great dumped great. Dump handle (cable operated) was pretty hard both ways. As I was breaking down to leave the black tank would no longer open. To make a long story so, I had to have the tank dropped, cleaned, and new valve installed. Replaced the grey too while the belly was open.
    Could not use the trailer for two additional nights, had to pay the campground, bathrooms were closed because of Covid, so we went home which was 20 miles away.
    Man, aint camping and life fun!!