User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Peeling vinyl furniture

We have a 2016 grand reflection 5th wheel from a private seller immaculate now the vinyl loveseats are peeling any recalls or suggestions to get furniture replaced? Thank you

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mtomber1 View Post
    We have a 2016 grand reflection 5th wheel from a private seller immaculate now the vinyl loveseats are peeling any recalls or suggestions to get furniture replaced? Thank you
    The pleather peeling is know issue. Some people have reported it in a rig a year old, others don't report it until later. 4 years before the peeling starts is pretty good. Contacting the recliner manufacturer has resulted in "we'll discount a new one for you" responses. There are many options for replacements from other RV furniture providers, as well as "real" furniture stores.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our furniture started peeling this past year 2016 reflection. The best Lippert will give us is 20 percent discount and we pay shipping and sales tax. NO HELP FROM GRAND DESIGN !! We made a very large investment in Grand Design thinking we were buying the best, Very disappointed that they put such a poor quality of furniture in a rv. and NO help. If you can provide some options we would appreciate the information. Such as what you mentioned RV furniture providers, as well as "real" furniture stores. Please give me some details where to go looking. We really would appreciate the HELP !! Thank You
    2016 Reflection 303 rls
    Titan Disc Brakes
    Hensley hitch
    2002 GMC Duramax 3:73 rear, 2 wheel drive

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by duke13 View Post
    Our furniture started peeling this past year 2016 reflection. The best Lippert will give us is 20 percent discount and we pay shipping and sales tax. NO HELP FROM GRAND DESIGN !! We made a very large investment in Grand Design thinking we were buying the best, Very disappointed that they put such a poor quality of furniture in a rv. and NO help. If you can provide some options we would appreciate the information. Such as what you mentioned RV furniture providers, as well as "real" furniture stores. Please give me some details where to go looking. We really would appreciate the HELP !! Thank You
    You have to be joking to expect grand Design to help you here

Unbelievable

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are also victims of peeling furniture. Replaced the chairs with a leather double recliner. Measure before you shop.

If you use the search function in the upper right you'll find lots on peeling furniture and suggestions .
    Last edited by WhittleBurner; 06-28-2021 at 07:54 PM.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks Marcy and Gary, I am not the best at searching this stuff, I tried the search in the upper right corner to get here . I wiil try it again.
    2016 Reflection 303 rls
    Titan Disc Brakes
    Hensley hitch
    2002 GMC Duramax 3:73 rear, 2 wheel drive

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the SuperSofa option which was 12' of love seat, right and left hand recliners--all linked. The leather verneer peeled, and the furniture was falling apart after relatively little use.

I ordered a hide a bed from RecCon in cloth @ $1,100. I've yet to use it, but it looks fairly good. I don't trust the leather used in RV's as the quality of all RV furniture is rather marginal. Having room for 2 more people to sleep will also help. I've got a swivel rocker we're going to put in there too.