Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Stink when flushing

Just got back from our third outing with our 303. When flushing you can not flush it fast enough to keep the smell out. (TERRRRIBLE). I noticed that a bubble forms in the opening when flushing. Sounds like a vent problem to me, I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and how you fixed it. Cant go on like this. Don
    2014 Reflection 303//2013 Ram 2500 turbo diesel Spring, TEXAS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My first questions would be, do you use any chemicals in your black tank? and do you drain and flush completely after each outing then put in fresh chemicals in between outings? If so, you may be right about venting. I believe all grey and black venting goes thru the roof. Maybe there's a blockage???
    Andy & Julie
    Gig Harbor, Wa
    2014 Solitude 369RL S/N 104
    2012 F350 SWR 4x4 CC 6.7 Diesel

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by redram View Post
    Just got back from our third outing with our 303. When flushing you can not flush it fast enough to keep the smell out. (TERRRRIBLE). I noticed that a bubble forms in the opening when flushing. Sounds like a vent problem to me, I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and how you fixed it. Cant go on like this. Don
    The same thing happens on ours after the black tank is over 1/2 full (6 or 7 days use)...toilet 'burps' when flushed and you get some smell also. I suspect that the vent line is too far into the tank and below the liquid level at this point. I'm working with GD to get it resolved.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine does it even when mostly empty. I use the chemicals But i believe that it it would still stink if you opened your toilet and smelled. Don

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have an odor problem as we use black tank treatment but we do have this bubble problem you mentioned. I'd like to know what is causing this as well.

Kevin
    Julie and Kevin - Waterloo, IA
    2015 F-350 6.7L Lariat 4x4 SC, Edge Evolution CTS, B&W Companion.
    2015 337RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by redram View Post
    Mine does it even when mostly empty. I use the chemicals But i believe that it it would still stink if you opened your toilet and smelled. Don
    Because you mention black tank smell being really bad, are you running a non-OEM exhaust fan in the bathroom? We have a create-a-breeze in our bathroom and it will move a lot of cfm. It will even pull air flow out of the A/C outlet when the A/C is off and the bathroom door closed. It's not hard to believe that it would also pull air flow through the black tank.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not using the vent fan. I use the deodorizer as per instructions. I can dump, flush for 15 min. come in and open toilet (hold valve open ) and it still stinks. it is like the odor is in the tank and can not get out unless you flush. Don

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing I do when flushing the black tank is (some may think this is a bad idea), after dumping and flushing, close the dump valve and let the flush continue until the tank is about half full, then open the valve again. I was surprised how much more "crap" came out even after the initial flush. I always use one of those clear adaptors on the dump so I can see that everything is draining okay. Just don't get distracted and forget you closed the valve.
    Andy & Julie
    Gig Harbor, Wa

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had this problem and believe it was due to the brand of chemical I was using. I flush our black water tank after every dump, allow tank to refill and dump again watching the clear adapter I have for debris flowing. I also allow my grey water tank to fill a couple days before I dump the black water tank and dump them when I feel the black water tank is clean. Seems there is some debis that backfills into the grey lines during dumping. I have tried several different brands of chemicals including the packets and I keep coming back to Thetford Campa-Chem and will stick with it going forward. When adding the chemical make sure you use the proper amount according to your tank size. I normally add 4 or 5 gallons of water to the empty tank as I add the chemical to get a good mixture. Another thing you can do is when you leave a campground, empty your black water tank, flush and put 5 or 6 bags of ice down the toilet. This will scrap debris off the sides of the tank during travel and then all you have to do when you get to your next site is to dump again. Using this method we hardly ever have an issue with odor and when we do is because we have put off dumping when we should have.
    Kamper
    Johnny & Mary
    Henderson, NC 4 Now
    2014 Solitude 369RL
    2015 Silverado 3500HD Crew Cab High Country
    24K Pullrite ISR 5th Wheel Hitch with Super Rails

:cool:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use Walex Bio-Pack (green). Comes in the little powder packet you just drop in the toilet and flush with about a gallon of water. 1 pack is good for a 40 gal tank. There are sooo many different products out there. Some are much better than others. A few are totally worthless. This one works for us. I haven't used that expensive RV toilet paper since we started using this stuff. Just regular 2 ply Costco TP. Over a year now with lots of use and no issues.

Anybody got any tricks to keep the holding tank level indicators working properly? Mine (usually grey tanks) sometimes read 2/3 full even when empty.
    Andy & Julie
    Gig Harbor, Wa

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast