Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Kim !
    The low point drain in the front of the tt is right where mine freezes. About 1 inch above the coroplast is a hot and cold water t. The lines T into the low point drains and then run as far as I can see. ( i have not had the coroplast off very far yet) Laying on the corplast. Those two lines ,I was able to slide a full length noodle on. I do not know if it is the hot water or cold freezing. I think it is the cold water hoing into the hot water heater. When it has been frozen, I have opened up the pressure valve on the tank and ran some water out. When I close the valve the pump does not come on to fill it back up. So that is why I think it is the vold water fill for the hot water tank.

I do plan on following your lead. I am going to work on the furnace ducting. I think I may try some pvc pipe and caps on the ends.

I also would like to install a permanent heater in the pass thru. If a person heated the pass thru and blew that warm air down the hole in the floor behind the Nautilus Center. I dont think it would freeze.

The last thing I do know for sure of is...When you drain your fresh water tank..Make sure you close the valve or it will freeze open....Scott
    Scott&Shelley Gillis (Pack Members.. Remington,Maggie,Molly,Rayne,Hannah,Cole,Gemma,
    Jayden,Dalton,Gavin,Cody and Yes they all camp with us!)
    2017 Reflection 315RLTS
    2005 2500 8.1l 410 Suburban Cold Air Intake, 8.mm MSD Wires, Cat Back System, Drilled and Sloted Rotors ,all Led Lighting. Hensly Mfg. TruControl brake controler.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys,

You may want to take a look at the Facebook 315/313 owners forum. Dennis Milford performed a mod with a circulation pump on a timer that circulates hot and cold water in a loop throughout the trailer. Seems like a simple mod that's worked well.

Steve
    Steve and Barb - Delaware
    2021 Solitude S-class 2930rl, solar package, slide toppers, dual panes
    2019 F250 6.2L 3170 payload sticker Reece Goosebox 20K B&W turnover-ball
    2017 Flagstaff 23IKSS Hybrid, 6700 GVW (sold)

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SGillis View Post
    Hi Kim !
    The low point drain in the front of the tt is right where mine freezes. About 1 inch above the coroplast is a hot and cold water t. The lines T into the low point drains and then run as far as I can see. ( i have not had the coroplast off very far yet) Laying on the corplast. Those two lines ,I was able to slide a full length noodle on. I do not know if it is the hot water or cold freezing. I think it is the cold water hoing into the hot water heater. When it has been frozen, I have opened up the pressure valve on the tank and ran some water out. When I close the valve the pump does not come on to fill it back up. So that is why I think it is the vold water fill for the hot water tank.

I do plan on following your lead. I am going to work on the furnace ducting. I think I may try some pvc pipe and caps on the ends.

I also would like to install a permanent heater in the pass thru. If a person heated the pass thru and blew that warm air down the hole in the floor behind the Nautilus Center. I dont think it would freeze.

The last thing I do know for sure of is...When you drain your fresh water tank..Make sure you close the valve or it will freeze open....Scott
    I wish I'd taken more photos while I was under there. I wouldn't have dropped the coroplast unless it was necessary but I had a leak at the transition from pex to hose under the kitchen. Then I said those words to myself that usually lead to misery - while I'm in here I might as well...…
    It's a jungle under there!
    @Trailmaster - Steve, that sounds like a good idea. I'll have to check it out.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trailmaster View Post
    Guys,

You may want to take a look at the Facebook 315/313 owners forum. Dennis Milford performed a mod with a circulation pump on a timer that circulates hot and cold water in a loop throughout the trailer. Seems like a simple mod that's worked well.

Steve
    Hi Steve,

Could you do a "cut and paste" of this info from FB to this forum? Sounds like a really interesting idea, but most of us can't access the 315/313 subset of FB.

Thanks
    Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Hi Steve,

Could you do a "cut and paste" of this info from FB to this forum? Sounds like a really interesting idea, but most of us can't access the 315/313 subset of FB.

Thanks
    Rob
    Dennis still has some gremlins he is working out on his system. It was -1 this am and no freezing. He is a great guy and said he may post this info over on this forum once he has it perfected.
    But basically it is a pump under the kitchen sink that he has set on a timer that comes on every so often and circulates the water. He is trying to use a thermal coupler now. He has it plumbed ,so the hot water is the inflo and then exits into the cold water....Scott
    Scott&Shelley Gillis (Pack Members.. Remington,Maggie,Molly,Rayne,Hannah,Cole,Gemma,
    2017 Reflection 315RLTS
    2005 2500 8.1l 410 Suburban Cold Air Intake, 8.mm MSD Wires, Cat Back System, Drilled and Sloted Rotors ,all Led Lighting. Hensly Mfg. TruControl brake controler.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking at the 313/315 owners Facebook forum today, the only problems I see with Dennis's setup is that he had a frozen supply line yesterday which, if I understand correctly, is outside the trailer. It seems that the internal re-circulation is working fine. Scott it sounds like you may have more details regarding "gremlins" that Dennis is working through, but I can't find any additional details on the site. He is now using a thermostatic controller rather than a timer. Without spending much time on it, I couldn't figure out a way to cleanly do a cut-and-paste from Facebook, but here is link that should better illustrate the theory of what he is doing.
    http://readytemp.com/prevent-frozen-...ozen-pipes.htm
    Steve and Barb - Delaware
    2021 Solitude S-class 2930rl, solar package, slide toppers, dual panes
    2019 F250 6.2L 3170 payload sticker Reece Goosebox 20K B&W turnover-ball
    2017 Flagstaff 23IKSS Hybrid, 6700 GVW (sold)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trailmaster View Post
    Looking at the 313/315 owners Facebook forum today, the only problems I see with Dennis's setup is that he had a frozen supply line yesterday which, if I understand correctly, is outside the trailer. It seems that the internal re-circulation is working fine. Scott it sounds like you may have more details regarding "gremlins" that Dennis is working through, but I can't find any additional details on the site. He is now using a thermostatic controller rather than a timer. Without spending much time on it, I couldn't figure out a way to cleanly do a cut-and-paste from Facebook, but here is link that should better illustrate the theory of what he is doing.
    http://readytemp.com/prevent-frozen-...ozen-pipes.htm
    Hi Steve!
    Dennis is a great guy and we pmed for acouple hours last night. He wants to try to stop the warm water flow out the cold side of the faucets. He is not for sure yet if you can use this with the fresh water tank yet..The temp was -1 is am there...And he froze up again outside....Scott
    2017 Reflection 315RLTS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this is interesting. I cut my Low point drains and put an insulation cap from an outside faucet. I then ended up wrapping the outside with some loose insulation and added a tub firmly to the coroplast as another line of insulation. It was -15 or so last night and i made it to around 3:30 am until the cold side actually froze.....i was turning on the faucet on the cold side until warm water from the heated hose was coming through then doing the same for the hot side about every hour to hour and a half......almost made it! LOL I would love more info on this re-circulation idea. That wind was nasty last night......on the plus side we were comfortable on the inside.
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)
    720w solar, 100/50 Victron scc

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12