User Tag List

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So wait... Site is sold to rv life and then a few months later guys who worked the deal leave ship to start what will most likely be a competing site? Sounds fishy. Luckily for me I was only in as a user and a small member fee but totally get the frustration.

*Sorry to any of those in the sale discussions that was not a player in the GD shift too, you of course should t be roped in to any of the shenanigans.
    Last edited by wstcoaster07; 05-29-2019 at 08:51 PM.
    2019 2800BH
    BlueOx Swaypro BXW1500
    2017 Expedition EL XLT w/heavy duty tow package w/ Michelin Defender LTX LT275/65/18

Site Team
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Let’s not lose sight of a few things. Grand Design is starting their own forum. They’ve started their own facebook group, and they’ve started their own lifestyle brand. Hopefully people recognize that they’ll get some great support tips, but for unbiased opinions, there is only one place. Why is it that they can’t partner with this forum? Profit? Do they not make a profit with their trailers? Did they not profit from their sale to Winnebago?

They dislike the carnival atmosphere of FB, but still participate because it is free? They’re the ones who proposed paying for a free year of membership to this forum for each new trailer sold. I told them that I thought it was a bad idea because we didn’t want “everyone”, just the people who saw the value in this forum. And then they have the gall to talk about profit? It just doesn’t make any sense.

Again, I believe that this forum will continue to be the best place for unbiased opinions without the firestorm that is facebook. We’re the best organized, and most searchable place around. Stay tuned because it only gets better from here. Participate, and offer your knowledge and expertise. Even if this is your first rig, I bet you’ve learned some thing that someone else needs to know.

Thanks!!!
    Chris
    Chris Tretta
    Albuquerque, NM

2013 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4 6.7L Cummins
    2019 Grand Design 385GK
    2014 Grand Design 369RL - Sold
    Class A CDL, Doubles/Triples, Hazmat and Tanker endorsements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last thing I'll say. Anyone who thinks they will get unfiltered advice from a company sponsored forum is probably in for a rude awakening.
    2019 2800BH
    BlueOx Swaypro BXW1500
    2017 Expedition EL XLT w/heavy duty tow package w/ Michelin Defender LTX LT275/65/18

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im just getting caught up...disappointing is all I have to say. For the most part I dumped the Facebook pages due to all the drama- not as bad here- yet, but there was very little to no drama in the 2+ yrs I have been a member here with business as usual until this last week. I noticed right away one of our longstanding mods was no longer a mod and unfortunately saw the writing on the wall..my head is still spinning with how fast it all happened.
    Last edited by Hwktlg8; 05-29-2019 at 08:48 PM.
    Ryan and Alison
    2017 Solitude 377MBS-R
    Titan electric/hydraulic disc brakes
    Morryde CRE 3000, xmembers x3, WBs,4k springs
    2017 GMC 3500 Duramax Denali SRW Airlift bags with wireless control
    Pullrite 2900 autoslide hitch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well apparently in my case it’s nice to out on the fringe even though I’ve been here since 2014. As I understand it the moderators that I’ve met over the years and enjoy their input are pulling back. Sad, but some might call it burnout, others jumping ship. Happens all the time. I don’t participate on any of the Facebook pages - too much drama and no one willing to do a little reading or research before posting. So the same questions arise 20 times a day. Here, much better. If GD creates something I might check that as well, but unless you’re within or close to warranty expiration you’ll just get referred to a supplier. So learn to work on your rig. Continuing on the fringe - Mike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mike & Debbie
    Hot Springs, Ar
    2014 Ram 2500 4x4 Short Bed Diesel
    B&W Companion 5th Wheel Hitch
    2014 Reflection 303 (#405)

Site Team
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hwktlg8 View Post
    Im just getting caught up...disappointing is all I have to say. For the most part I dumped the Facebook pages due to all the drama- not as bad here- yet, but there was very little to no drama in the 2+ yrs I have been a member here with business as usual until this last week. I noticed right away one of our longstanding mods was no longer a mod and unfortunately saw the writing on the wall..my head is still spinning with how fast it all happened.
    I'm genuinely sorry, I hate to hear that we disappoint any of our members. Unfortunately, there was nothing I could do. They decided to jump ship & they resigned of their own accord.

I hope that this community is strong enough to get past this. Time will tell...
    2017 Toyota Tundra
    No GD in our Garage

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy R View Post
    I'm sorry to hear about your Dad.

Regarding being busy, I think it's proper that you begin disclosing things a little more transparently. Please don't treat the community like you did Janet & I. Being honest and forthcoming is essential in fostering an online community, please provide us that much respect.

Earlier this month Jim abruptly proposed to our moderating team that we should ban Bill Martin's account, he's the former Marketing Manager for Grand Design. The account had not logged in or visited the site in over a year. The request was out of the blue and I asked what prompted it. Jim disclosed that it was a concerted effort by various Grand Design Social Media page admins. He then continued to disclose that he had just returned from a trip to Middlebury to attend what is called the Grand Design Social Media Summit. He asked us not to share the details of the meeting with you all (a larger audience).

I was taken back because decisions on how our community was managed were being influenced by a group of people who were being organized and possibly receiving financial perks from Grand Design (I'v heard confirmation that the summit is an all expenses paid trip).

About a week after the above took place, I was looking for a new domain name for our community. I randomly came across a domain name (link) that was coincidentally registered at the same time the Social Media Summit was taking place. Everything was becoming clearer, Grand Design was intending to launch their own forum. They are even planning to call it the Grand Design Owners Forum:

Attachment 20372

I brought up the revelation that Grand Design was planning to launch their own forum to the moderating team. It wasn't until I uncovered Grand Design's intent to launch a new forum that Jim came forward and admitted that he was working with Grand Design to build the new forum. He then recused himself from the moderator discussions & resigned. Rob followed on the same day and a few days later both Country Camper and Howson resigned as well.

I was told by Jim that the intent of the new forum is to be technical only. I interpret that to mean customer support issues related to problems and no other chit chat. No matter what it means, it's not a coincidence that we were making legal threats and then the company launched its own forum. I spent many thousands defending our community and feel that the treatment we have received has been unfair, unfriendly & untrustworthy. Therefore I'm going to put in place a policy that I would like to request everyone to respect and follow. Please do not mention the other forum here, it will be prohibited, and I ask you all to not mention this forum over there.
    Last week, you specifically forbid me from mentioning what I was working on. And now you blame be for not being transparent?
    Last edited by TucsonJim; 05-29-2019 at 11:31 PM.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Brian, I don't think it is childish and immature. I think Andy is just being honest and upfront about what has developed and who was involved. As a foum member I feel we have a right to know who was involved and if those involved don't like being called out on doing business behind the backs of all of us, maybe they should have stepped back out of moderator shoes before getting involved with another forum using the same name as one you were supposed to be representing at the time. I'm disappointed with all 4 of you and really feel this situation shows a huge lack of character of 4 people I used to think were stand up guys.
    You're only hearing one side of the story Marcy. All four of us offered our resignation at the time we started in depth work on it. All four of us also offered to continue our moderator activities to not put him on the spot. Andy chose to keep us in moderator roles for several weeks after those notices were served.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy R View Post
    I'm simply pointing out facts. It's important people know what's going on. The fact is Jim was at the Summit when they decided to launch a new forum. Fact is Jim admitted to leading the effort to launch that new site. Fact is Jim recruited all of our moderators to resign. It very likely might not have been Jim's idea but the fact is Jim is playing a big role in it and should be more transparent.
    Hard to be transparent when you specifically forbid it. And you're also spreading misinformation. I did not "Recruit" Rob. Grand Design asked both of us if we'd help them with their project.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This forum has basically gone the same direction as Outbackers.com had years ago when I was a very active member.

Site was up and running fine for years, then got "sold" to a member who started running it the way he thought it should be run. Basically it was "my sandbox" and if you don't like it, you can leave.

Not saying it is that way here, just the "sale" of the site and it's started downfall.

Not pointing any fingers at anyone, I have heard directly from members of the Grand Design team about what happened here and why they are not active.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast