User Tag List

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy R View Post
    txfivver and gobama84, do you all get any type of error message?

The domain name is very new. I checked to see if it had any history that might cause a filter to trigger but the domain was never registered in the past. I'm thinking that it probably needs some time for the filters to read and categorize the domain so that it's not filtered. IE. the settings might be set so that if it's unrecognized, block it. Since it's so new it's not recognized yet.
    Can’t connect securely to this page

This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings. If this keeps happening, try contacting the website’s owner.
    This is the error message I get.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    Hard to be transparent when you specifically forbid it. And you're also spreading misinformation. I did not "Recruit" Rob. Grand Design asked both of us if we'd help them with their project.
    Once GD reached out to you four to start a competing forum, the standup thing for all of you was to resign from here immediately. Period. Either all four of you were not happy here or GD is offering you guys some sort of compensation or maybe both. But it certainly has a very unseemly feel to all of it.

It also appears to me that GD is making a big push to control what is said about them on social media. From the first “summit” last year where many of the FB GD group administrators were wined and dined in Elkhart and shortly thereafter a big purge of GD complainers on these sites were banned. Now this with lawyers and threatened lawsuits affecting this forum and GD poaching our moderators. I hope you guys have your eyes wide open over at your new digs and hopefully whatever compensation and swag you all are being provided is worth it.
    Last edited by minnow101; 05-30-2019 at 05:55 AM. Reason: .
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Site Team
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    Can’t connect securely to this page

This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings. If this keeps happening, try contacting the website’s owner.
    This is the error message I get.
    So that means it's an SSL issue. Which browser are you using?

Could you please try making sure you access this site with https://www.mygrandrv.com
    2017 Toyota Tundra
    No GD in our Garage

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So that means it's an SSL issue. Which browser are you using?

Could you please try making sure you access this site with https://www.mygrandrv.com
    I got back on Tapatalk yesterday evening without any problem using my iPhone after being out for a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mike & Debbie
    Hot Springs, Ar
    2014 Ram 2500 4x4 Short Bed Diesel
    B&W Companion 5th Wheel Hitch
    2014 Reflection 303 (#405)

Site Team
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    You're only hearing one side of the story Marcy. All four of us offered our resignation at the time we started in depth work on it. All four of us also offered to continue our moderator activities to not put him on the spot. Andy chose to keep us in moderator roles for several weeks after those notices were served.
    Here is your resignation, doesn't jive with the above:
    Andy - Rob and I have been members of the Grand Design Owner's forum since its early days, and we've both been moderators for quite a bit of that time. It is disturbing to see the ongoing turmoil between your company and GDRV. We see the position of both companies and wish a meaningful resolution could be achieved.

As early owners of Grand Design products, we've developed a great working relationship with GDRV management and become personal friends with many of them. As you know, they purchased a URL to start a new forum. Grand Design has indicated to us that this will not be a direct competitor to the owner's forum, but more focused on technical aspects. Grand Design management has approached Rob and I to solicit our input for their forum. This has created a conflict of interest for us. We have agreed to accept this opportunity. We believe it's unethical for us to continue our volunteer work as a moderators of your forum while at the same time working on a forum which could possibly compete with yours.

We realize that both of us leaving our moderator roles will cause a moderator shortage. We can continue to perform moderator duties for the next 30 days if desired. But we should not be involved in any strategy or discussion of ongoing forum operations. If you choose to remove us from the moderator role effective immediately, we understand.

We both intend to remain as Site Sponsors and regular contributors to your forum.

We have purposely minimized any discussions with Brian and Howard in order to keep them from also having a conflict of interest.

Sincerely,

Jim and Rob
    Quote Originally Posted by Country Campers View Post
    I have been contacted by Jim to see if I was willing to join the team for starting the new site for Grand Design and I have accepted the invitation. It saddens me to leave the moderator role here and hope I can maintain my sponsorship for I would like to still contribute to your forum. How ever you wish to handle this is fine with me , I will keep my duties as long as you need.
    Per your other comment about recruiting Rob. You are correct. I have updated the previous posts to remove that statement.

As your note says, a catalyst for this was the ongoing turmoil. I kept you all in the loop with my communications with Grand Design. It looks like between January 14th and March 28, I got zero response even though I emailed Grand Design/Winnebago many times. I offered to stop by Grand Design on my visit last month to talk to them. The issue here of the "ongoing turmoil" was precipitated by the fact no one would respond to me for months until a lopsided settlement agreement was offered, unfortunately, it was not something we could accept.

For what it's worth, I did offer to Grand Design to buy this site from me for the same price I paid for it. They kindly said no. I think that's worth noting as I was trying to keep the community together.
    2017 Toyota Tundra
    No GD in our Garage

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minnow101 View Post
    Once GD reached out to you four to start a competing forum, the standup thing for all of you was to resign from here immediately. Period. Either all four of you were not happy here or GD is offering you guys some sort of compensation or maybe both. But it certainly has a very unseemly feel to all of it.
    minnow101 - Your accusations are unfounded and inappropriate.

As soon as we individually accepted the offer to assist with the new initiative, we each advised Andy directly. We offered to continue our basic moderator duties for 30 days until he could find replacements. We specifically asked to be removed from any organizational discussions WRT this forum. Andy specifically required that we make no mention of the new initiative on this forum. So, we did not . . . until Andy chose to bring this up himself.

I can assure you that my "compensation" as a moderator in the new initiative is exactly the same as it was here . . . absolutely zero.

Please note that all four former moderators intend to continue as contributing site sponsors on this forum and we all pay exactly what you pay. The concept of belonging to more than one forum is not new and is not forbidden by any forum.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Site Team
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    As soon as we individually accepted the offer to assist with the new initiative, we each advised Andy directly.
    I believe Jim knew about the new forum since his attendance at the Social Media Summit. That would suggest that he was aware of the effort and likely understood he was going to be assisting for weeks prior to making any disclosure.

It wasn't until I randomly came across a domain name that I uncovered the fact a new forum was being planned. It was at that point I mentioned this to the team and that's when Jim stepped forward to disclose he was part of that effort. In Jim's original post (look up to #75 ) he disclosed that both you and Jim were leaving to work on the new forum. His resignation post (#75 above) also suggests that you didn't just come straight forward and disclose this or resign prior to having a conflict of interest but waited until after I found out about it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    I can assure you that my "compensation" as a moderator in the new initiative is exactly the same as it was here . . . absolutely zero.
    I do believe the above. I'm not sure who on the team was hosted at the Social Media Summit but it's my understanding only Jim attended this year. Chris attended in 2018. I have no reason to believe that Rob, Howson or Country Camper have received any financial perks from the company. If they did, I hope they would disclose it.

I suggest we move on to focus on more fun discussions like overcharging batteries, bike racks and lithium batteries.
    2017 Toyota Tundra
    No GD in our Garage

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suggest we move on to focus on more fun discussions like overcharging batteries, bike racks and lithium batteries.
    Don't forget the truly non-controversial topics like tires, hitches, and truck brand ?

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For what it's worth, I did offer to Grand Design to buy this site from me for the same price I paid for it. They kindly said no. I think that's worth noting as I was trying to keep the community together.
    Thank you for trying. All this drama is a distraction from the real focus of the board - RVing.

Quote Originally Posted by minnow101 View Post
    The events of the past few weeks are unfortunate and I guess the reason this all so distasteful is that site teams are tasked to act in the best interest of the community they steward so this surely feels like a betrayal.

The true value of a forum is the members who participate and the help and support they offer; their personal experience and frankly the level playing field. It's OK to ask newbie questions - you will get help. It's OK to express displeasure in a reasoned way or ask for help troubleshooting a persistent problem - the posts won't be swept under the rug.

Great forums are member driven, as this one is and we will continue. There will be new topics, new members and I am confident there will be some terrific new moderators. The forum will continue to be a great resource and we'll get past this.
    You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. | Dr. Seuss

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know what to say. I sure don't understand the seemingly endless desire to have GDRV participate here. They have a customer service number if anyone wants to talk to them directly. A non vendor sponsored site is more likely to contain unbiased information. As far as a site that is strictly technical information I don't see that as a catalyst to start an online community. Sounds a little dry. At some point someone is going mention something non technical/off topic and then you end up with censorship or right back to a forum model like this one. What's the point of a GDRV sponsored site. Sounds a little like a cool aid overdose to me. So sorry to see it all come to this.
    Jim & Georgianne
    N. California
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty PSD
    B&W Companion hitch
    Rubber turtle with no name

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast