User Tag List

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZCM98 View Post
    Reading all the comments on this thread makes me wonder if I should go with this upgrade. My 2019 303 has almost 6000 trouble free miles on it and have been very happy with it. We are planning a long trip next year. I notice that mostly heavier units are getting Moryde IS upgrade. Would the 303 (11995 gvwr) be a candidate for this. I would go for the works with the disk brakes as well. I’ve yet to come across anyone regretting this upgrade or any problems unless I overlooked it. I know it’s pricey, but I’m willing if it helps with a smoother ride and reduced chance of suspension failures.
    Chip,

The smaller "axle" units with the MOR/ryde IS are 7,000 lbs. each. This is 1,000 over the individual axle ratings for the OEM axles on our 2016 337 (GVWR 13,990). MOR/ryde was able to install rubber shear springs to match our actual wheel weights (per the Escapees SmartWeigh program). You would need to check with them and see if they can accommodate a rig with a GVWR of 11,990. Rob Kolean would be a good person to start with: [email protected]. If they don't recommend the IS at your GVWR (and actual weights if you know them), a local installer could do the hydraulic disc brakes for you without having to pull the rig to Elkhart. The brakes alone are well worth the investment. The MOR/ryde upgrades to your existing leaf spring suspension system would be very economical, too (and could also be ordered and installed in your home town).

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Chip,

The smaller "axle" units with the MOR/ryde IS are 7,000 lbs. each. This is 1,000 over the individual axle ratings for the OEM axles on our 2016 337 (GVWR 13,990). MOR/ryde was able to install rubber shear springs to match our actual wheel weights (per the Escapees SmartWeigh program). You would need to check with them and see if they can accommodate a rig with a GVWR of 11,990. Rob Kolean would be a good person to start with: [email protected]. If they don't recommend the IS at your GVWR (and actual weights if you know them), a local installer could do the hydraulic disc brakes for you without having to pull the rig to Elkhart. The brakes alone are well worth the investment. The MOR/ryde upgrades to your existing leaf spring suspension system would be very economical, too (and could also be ordered and installed in your home town).

Rob
    Thanks, I kind of thought my 303 was not heavy enough to warrant the IS, so maybe a beefier suspension would be best. With broken springs and hangers, I thought this was another option. On the possible downside of the IS, if there was a failure, getting repairs on the road could be difficult. I’ll give Rob Kolean a call. Thanks
    Chip and Janice, Mize Mississippi
    Retired USN MCPO 1998, Retired USPS 2011
    2019 F350 Platinum 6.7 LB DRW
    B&W Companion

2017 F250 King Ranch 6.7
    2019 303RLS, Pullrite Superglide

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chip,

Rob
    Do the Mor/ryde upgrades you're referring to do anything to minimize the chance of a broken spring or shackle?
    Steve & Ann Ellis
    2018 Reflection 303RLS
    2019 Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sellis1053 View Post
    Do the Mor/ryde upgrades you're referring to do anything to minimize the chance of a broken spring or shackle?
    From my understanding, the Morryde Independence Suspension doesn’t have springs and shackles. On their website, the IS is shown. I will probably replace mine with the SRE4000 and heavy duty shackles. I hate breakdowns, and who doesn’t, so I’m attempting to upgrading in the hope of delaying a breakdown.
    Chip and Janice, Mize Mississippi
    Retired USN MCPO 1998, Retired USPS 2011
    2019 F350 Platinum 6.7 LB DRW
    B&W Companion

2017 F250 King Ranch 6.7
    2019 303RLS, Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sellis1053 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AZCM98 View Post
    From my understanding, the Morryde Independence Suspension doesn’t have springs and shackles. On their website, the IS is shown. I will probably replace mine with the SRE4000 and heavy duty shackles. I hate breakdowns, and who doesn’t, so I’m attempting to upgrading in the hope of delaying a breakdown.
    Chip is correct. The IS doesn't have leaf springs, shackles, etc. It utilizes a trailing link suspension geometry with rubber sheer springs and shock absorbers at each wheel position (check out the MOR/ryde web site). The MOR/ryde CRE3000 and CRE4000 systems are upgrades to your existing leaf spring/solid axle suspension system. They don't decrease the chance of a broken spring but they beef up other related components. The only ways to reduce the chance of a broken spring is to either eliminate the leaf springs (as with the IS) or to replace them with springs of better quality (better steel). What you don't want to do is increase the spring load capacity too much or you'll take the "give" out of the suspension system and start tearing everything else up as the rig jolts down the road.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chip is correct. The IS doesn't have leaf springs, shackles, etc. It utilizes a trailing link suspension geometry with rubber sheer springs and shock absorbers at each wheel position (check out the MOR/ryde web site). The MOR/ryde CRE3000 and CRE4000 systems are upgrades to your existing leaf spring/solid axle suspension system. They don't decrease the chance of a broken spring but they beef up other related components. The only ways to reduce the chance of a broken spring is to either eliminate the leaf springs (as with the IS) or to replace them with springs of better quality (better steel). What you don't want to do is increase the spring load capacity too much or you'll take the "give" out of the suspension system and start tearing everything else up as the rig jolts down the road.

Rob
    Thanks......
    Steve & Ann Ellis
    2018 Reflection 303RLS
    2019 Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob Kolean is no longer with MORryde. Brian Hosinski has taken his position. Call MORryde and ask for Brian.
    Barb, Lyle and the 3 four-legged kids
    2015 Solitude 369RL #3521
    2018 Ford F350 DRW

“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rob
    Rob nailed it! I don't know if MORryde IS is available to replace 5.2K or 6K axles without significantly increasing load capacity. I agree with the folks who said the IS is really a better solution for heavier 5-ers (~15K GVWR and up).

What Rob said about increasing load capacity is also very important. I did a lot of research on the IS system before pulling the trigger. I found overwhelmingly positive reviews and a handful of neutral ones. In that small sample of neutral reviews, most had "upgraded" their load capacity (typically from 7K to 8K). They were disappointed that they didn't have the great improvement in ride quality everyone else was raging about. We stayed put at 7K and are very happy with the ride!
    Steve and Cheryl

2017 Momentum 328M w/Dual Pane Windows and 3rd A/C. Aftermarket mods: Titan EOH Disc Brakes, MORryde IS suspension and Reese 5th Airborne Sidewinder pin box
    2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn Megacab 4x4 DRW with 6.7 HD Cummins Turbo Diesel, AISIN trans, 3.73 axles and a Reese 20K puck mount hitch
    Call sign: AAØSB, Class: Extra

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789