User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Roller on Shower Door

I have a roller that came off the top rail of a three piece glass shower door. I have the screw and the roller. Thought it would be a simple fix, the roller has a hole in the center, just put the roller back in the track, line up the hole in the door frame to the hole on the roller and tighten.

Not so easy. The aluminum cap that runs the length of the shower has a front and back face that blocks me from using a nut driver to tighten the screw (7mm nut head, not a Robertson head screw). I can't fit my socket in the tight space. I think the roller track is mounted to the inside of this cap.

Question is, how has anyone accessed the roller screws to tighten them?
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a similar issue in my Reflection 337. The middle door has a roller screw that’s backed out and causing issue with opening door all the way. My roller screw looks to be a Phillips head. Being it’s still partially attached I think I can get a needle nose pliers to grab the head and turn it in assuming the roller won’t rotate when I try to turn it. I’ll attack it later this week when I get home.

Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
    I have a roller that came off the top rail of a three piece glass shower door. I have the screw and the roller. Thought it would be a simple fix, the roller has a hole in the center, just put the roller back in the track, line up the hole in the door frame to the hole on the roller and tighten.

Not so easy. The aluminum cap that runs the length of the shower has a front and back face that blocks me from using a nut driver to tighten the screw (7mm nut head, not a Robertson head screw). I can't fit my socket in the tight space. I think the roller track is mounted to the inside of this cap.

Question is, how has anyone accessed the roller screws to tighten them?
    Can you use an open end wrench?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello. I believe I had the same issue with our 337rl shower doors. Our shower door with a screw backing out on the roller was causing the door to hang up. To tighten the screw I removed the two screws holding the top rail that the rollers ride in and carefully lifted the railing up, the doors come with it. Then slid the door out of the track and tightened the screw plus checked the other screws also. Put the door back in the upper track and set it back on the wall braces that hold the top track up and installed the two screws. I also put a little caulk like the top rail had when I took things apart. Remember when reinstalling the top track line the doors in the bottom door track guides. It took about twenty minutes and two people is best, it’s heavy and a little clumsy. Also the nob on the glass door that the lock arm hooks to may come loose I just turn the nob by hand until it’s tight when it’s loose. Easy job just be careful. Jim (checkmate)
    2018 Reflection 337RL / 2022 GMC Denali 3500HD CC LB Diesel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 242 checkmate View Post
    To tighten the screw I removed the two screws holding the top rail that the rollers ride in and carefully lifted the railing up, the doors come with it. Then slid the door out of the track and tightened the screw plus checked the other screws also. Put the door back in the upper track and set it back on the wall braces that hold the top track up and installed the two screws. I also put a little caulk like the top rail had when I took things apart. Remember when reinstalling the top track line the doors in the bottom door track guides. It took about twenty minutes and two people is best, it’s heavy and a little clumsy.
    We had to do the same thing. FYI, there is another thread on this somewhere in this forum - probably a couple of years back...
    John & Cheryl
    Sold: 2017 Tiffin Allegro 31SA Motorhome
    Sold: 2017 Reflection 337RLS, dual pane windows, 2nd A/C, Go Power! Solar Elite w/2000 watt inverter, Titan electric/hydraulic brakes, Goodyear Endurance ST235/85 R16 tires
    Sold: 2015 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD, SRW, Duramax/Allison, 50 gallon Transfer Flow auxiliary tank
    States we have camped in with an RV:

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to all, sounds like I will need to lift the cap with the railing and the doors. Was hoping to avoid having to lift the doors out, unfortunately, i could not get at it with an open end wrench either.

Thanks to all for the feedback.
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 242 checkmate View Post
    Hello. I believe I had the same issue with our 337rl shower doors. Our shower door with a screw backing out on the roller was causing the door to hang up. To tighten the screw I removed the two screws holding the top rail that the rollers ride in and carefully lifted the railing up, the doors come with it. Then slid the door out of the track and tightened the screw plus checked the other screws also. Put the door back in the upper track and set it back on the wall braces that hold the top track up and installed the two screws. I also put a little caulk like the top rail had when I took things apart. Remember when reinstalling the top track line the doors in the bottom door track guides. It took about twenty minutes and two people is best, it’s heavy and a little clumsy. Also the nob on the glass door that the lock arm hooks to may come loose I just turn the nob by hand until it’s tight when it’s loose. Easy job just be careful. Jim (checkmate)
    Just to confirm. I just got around to fixing this, and this is EXACTLY what I did. I don't think it would have been possible any other way. All four (I think there were four) of my rollers needed tightening. I did it solo, and it was a bit awkward, especially getting it back in place. As you said, less than a 30 minute job, including the 5 minutes it took me to wipe down my greasy hand prints after doing the job.
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually removed both doors and installed a shower curtain. I was surprised how heavy those doors were considering the RV industries penchant for building rigs as light as possible. Seems like they cpukd of used lexan panels in lieu of glass for the surround.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While we're talking about it...does anyone know the manufacturer of the three piece shower door? The short black plastic track at the top of the center door has broken and I can't find a source for parts. I rather like the glass shower doors and would like to keep them.

Safe Travels.

Jim
    Jim & Gwen
    2015 Solitude 379fl, VIN 573FS4324F1102454
    2011 F-350 SC, DRW, 6.7 PSD, Ride-Rite Air Bags, Pull-Rite 20.5 K
    "You can't get lost if you don't care where you're going"

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On our 2018 Reflection 337 the manufacturer is Frontline Manufacturing. Ours are a three door system also. Your could be a different model. Maybe ask GD for the company name if they’ll give it out. Just a thought. Good luck. Jim (checkmate)
    2018 Reflection 337RL / 2022 GMC Denali 3500HD CC LB Diesel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast