User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there faulty wheel seals on our rigs?

I've noticed a quite a few threads on leaking wheel bearing seals. I notice all four of my seals are leaking. I'm seven months out of warranty and wondering if there was going to be a recall on these. Seems from reading the different threads that they were faulty from the factory.
    Jim and Kerry
    2014 Solitude 369RL
    2016 Silverado 3500HD
    Diesel/Allison

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an appointment to take mine in for leaking grease seals. Don
    2014 Reflection 303//2013 Ram 2500 turbo diesel Spring, TEXAS

Ultrapapa10
    I'am having this happen to mine .Dealer says the brakes are adj. to high I have mine set on 7.5 brake control so they have ask me to GD . Also my main to slides are out of adj. and wearing the side of the trl. Also ask me to talk to GD there only covered for adj. first 90 days.

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsport View Post
    I've noticed a quite a few threads on leaking wheel bearing seals. I notice all four of my seals are leaking. I'm seven months out of warranty and wondering if there was going to be a recall on these. Seems from reading the different threads that they were faulty from the factory.
    Hi Jim & Kerry (@Gsport),

You may want to contact Lippert Components directly via phone (866-524-7821) or email ([email protected]) to discuss.

Best regards,
    ~ Janice
    Mailing & shipping address: Grand Design RV, Attn: Customer Support, 13868 CR 4, Bristol IN 46507
    Hours: Monday - Friday (8:00 am - 5:00 pm EST, closed holidays)

- Phones: Grand Design RV Corporate at (574) 825-8000 or Customer Support (direct) at (574) 825-9679
    - Fax: (574) 825-9249
    - Email: [email protected]

- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GrandDesignRv
    - Twitter: https://twitter.com/granddesignrv
    - Google+: https://plus.google.com/113479014558069639097
    - LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/grand-design-rv-llc
    - Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/granddesignrv
    - YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHa...PuUd3J3NHNyXVQ

For EMERGENCY or immediate assistance contact your RV dealer or GDRV Customer Support directly at (574) 825-9679 with your 17-digit RV VIN, name, and phone number.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine are leaking on one side only. Trailer is currently with dealer to fix this and about 15 other issues.
    Paul
    North Bay, Ontario
    2014 Reflection 293RES
    VIN # 200283
    2014 Ram 2500

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two of ours are leaking,too. We have dealer looking at all wheels. Just bought our reflection in July.
    "It's the journey that matters-not the destination."
    Ken & Suzi
    2013 2500HD Silvarado Duramax
    2015 303RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently ours were leaking too - discovered it when we took it to Lippert (factory) for brake adjustment and ended up with self adjusting brakes - minimal cost since it was during warranty.
    Larry & Mollie
    2014 Grand Design Solitude 305RE #425
    2006 Dodge 3500 dually 4X4 quad cab
    Hometown - Slapout, Alabama
    Traveling for 4+ years

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I took a trip this weekend, and the only way I could get the brakes to work adequately on my Reflection was to set the brake controller at maximum (10) on my F350. I had recently adjusted the brakes, but the setting keeps getting higher. I suspect I have leaking seals because there is grease splatter on the inside of the wheel rims. I'll pull a wheel in the next few days to confirm this before I take it to the dealer for repair.

This is very important. Seals that allow grease to leak into the brakes on Grand Design (or any other trailer), are a serious safety concern. It could result in a catastrophic accident. Instead of each owner discovering and dealing with this on a case by case basis, a recall should be considered. I've been reading about leaking seals on multiple forums from owners of a wide variety of towable RVs. It is not apparent that Grand Design and/or LCI are voluntarily considering a recall at this time. If you have confirmed grease seal leaks, please take a few moments to file a complaint with SAFECAR.GOV. I'm placing the link to the site below. You can file a complaint even if the defect did not result in an accident. If enough of them are filed, a recall may be ordered.

https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/Vehicl...nt/index.xhtml

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    I took a trip this weekend, and the only way I could get the brakes to work adequately on my Reflection was to set the brake controller at maximum (10) on my F350. I had recently adjusted the brakes, but the setting keeps getting higher. I suspect I have leaking seals because there is grease splatter on the inside of the wheel rims. I'll pull a wheel in the next few days to confirm this before I take it to the dealer for repair.

This is very important. Seals that allow grease to leak into the brakes on Grand Design (or any other trailer), are a serious safety concern. It could result in a catastrophic accident. Instead of each owner discovering and dealing with this on a case by case basis, a recall should be considered. I've been reading about leaking seals on multiple forums from owners of a wide variety of towable RVs. It is not apparent that Grand Design and/or LCI are voluntarily considering a recall at this time. If you have confirmed grease seal leaks, please take a few moments to file a complaint with SAFECAR.GOV. I'm placing the link to the site below. You can file a complaint even if the defect did not result in an accident. If enough of them are filed, a recall may be ordered.

https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/Vehicl...nt/index.xhtml
    Good to know...let us know what you find out with your rig.
    Dean and Cindy
    2014 337 RLS
    Firestone Ride - Rite Airbags
    Ford F-250 6.7 Diesel

Site Team
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    This is exactly what happened to my rig. I replaced the brakes and seals at my cost. It's crap, but I'll tell you they work great now. Dexter brakes instead of LCI. Lippert would not do anything since they were out of warranty by 10 days.
    Ct..
    Chris Tretta
    Albuquerque, NM

2013 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4 6.7L Cummins
    2019 Grand Design 385GK
    2014 Grand Design 369RL - Sold
    Class A CDL, Doubles/Triples, Hazmat and Tanker endorsements

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast