User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just purchased the trailer from General RV in Richmond VA (have not even brought it home yet and it's sticker weight CCC is 1211). I will attach picture.

Thanks Jim and Christine - Goochland VA - Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200111_110222.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	86.9 KB 
ID:	24654

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    gd
    Quote Originally Posted by jpfva01 View Post
    I just purchased the trailer from General RV in Richmond VA (have not even brought it home yet and it's sticker weight CCC is 1211). I will attach picture.

Thanks Jim and Christine - Goochland VA - Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200111_110222.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	86.9 KB 
ID:	24654
    Thanks for the info. I'm looking to downsize from our 303RLS and I really like the 17MKE but the CCC was to low for me but seeing as your 2020 has over 1200# CCC I can live with that.

To other owners of a 17MKE could you do me a favor and slip under your unit and tell the depth of the brake drum. I'm curious if they are 1 3/4" or 2 1/4" brakes. I'm thinking that I would add 3500# springs to it to boost the CCC a little. It can be done pretty easily. I talked to GD and they said I could do that. Now I'm sure that would cost me the warranty on the frame but I would like to be able to carry more than a full tank of water and a can of beans without being overweight.
    Last edited by butch50; 01-31-2020 at 08:49 PM.
    Butch

I try to always leave doubt to my ignorance rather than prove it

2020 Imagine XLS 17MKE
    2020 Red and Black Ram Rebel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    8.5" drums have 2.25 shoes
    10" drums have 1.75 shoes.
    The 8.5" drums are for 10, 12, 13" wheels.
    The 10" drums are for 13, 14, 15" wheels.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From the Dexter page I'm reading that 10" hubs can be either 1.5" or 2.25.

Take a look at page 25 and 26 in the Dexter manual. They show on 25 that the 10" hubs are 1.5 for 3000# axles. On page 26 it states 10" hubs with 2.25 for 3500# axles.

https://www.dexteraxle.com/docs/defa...rsn=5cdb1548_4

Here is a link to the Dexter Axle pdf

Let me know what you think

Thanks
    Last edited by butch50; 02-01-2020 at 04:04 PM.
    Butch

2020 Imagine XLS 17MKE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At any rate we just bought a 2020 17MKE today. It has a 1233# CCC as stated on the sticker with a dry weight of 4762#. We pick it up next Friday.
    Butch

2020 Imagine XLS 17MKE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the TT comes with 3000 lb axles then it'll be the 1-1/4" brakes. Only the 3500 has the 2-1/4" brakes in 10"
    At least thats the way I see it.

I didn't post it right earlier. I was posting widths for just the 3000 lbs axle.
    Last edited by goducks14; 02-01-2020 at 05:28 PM.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goducks14 View Post
    What am I missing here? Both trailers have a GVWR of 5795 LBS and an empty weight of 4456 lbs. That would indicate you could carry a maximum of 1339 lbs of batteries, water, or whatever.
    I'm new at this and haven't bought a trailer yet but the 17MKE is at the top of my list. I do plan to buy a 2021 model and the GVWR is 5995 and the dry weight is 4674 which indicates a CCC of 1321. These number come from a local dealer that has two 2021 models in stock. I haven't seen the sticker yet but I plan to go and finally see one in person on Monday.
    Last edited by GaryS1964; 05-29-2020 at 04:30 PM.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryS1964 View Post
    What am I missing here? Both trailers have a GVWR of 5795 LBS and an empty weight of 4456 lbs. That would indicate you could carry a maximum of 1339 lbs of batteries, water, or whatever.
    I'm new at this and haven't bought a trailer yet but the 17MKE is at the top of my list. I do plan to buy a 2021 model and the GVWR is 5995 and the dry weight is 4674 which indicates a CCC of 1321. These number come from a local dealer that has two 2021 models in stock. I haven't seen the sticker yet but I plan to go and finally see one in person on Monday.
    The dealer is probably quoting you GD average listed weights which is usually lower than actual weights. The only way to really know is read the sticker on the actual rig you're thinking of buying. The sticker is actual weight of that particular rig and is going to be different on every rig out there even if the same model.
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    2021 337rls w/ Andersen hitch.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryS1964 View Post
    If you are going to look at a unit, in the owner’s package is a VWIS, Vehicle Weight Information Sheet, look at it for the numbers associated with a specific unit. Super complex to allow dealers to fiddle with the numbers, IMO.
    The “empty weight” is referred to as UVW, Unloaded Vehicle Weight. This is the sum of the hitch weight, street side wheel and curb side wheel weight. I assume for trailers, GDRV uses three scales. This UVW includes empty propane tanks and no battery. The CCC is calculated using the Gross Vehicle Weight Rating-(Unloaded Vehicle Weight + 40 pounds of propane). At least that’s what I’ve seen on a number of VWISs on different models.

The realistic CCC is reduced by subtracting the weight of batteries, typically about 50 pounds for a single battery, 50 pounds for water in the hot water tank; and typically 200 pounds in the holding tanks. GDRV uses 8.3 pounds per gallon, so 1/3 of fresh tank, about 15 gallons or about 120 pounds and maybe 10 or so gallons, 80 pounds in the black and grey tanks.

The example you provide of 1321 pound CCC is more like 1021 pounds for your gear.

Easy stuff, eh?
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ckreef View Post
    The dealer is probably quoting you GD average listed weights which is usually lower than actual weights. The only way to really know is read the sticker on the actual rig you're thinking of buying. The sticker is actual weight of that particular rig and is going to be different on every rig out there even if the same model.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiddy View Post
    If you are going to look at a unit, in the owner’s package is a VWIS, Vehicle Weight Information Sheet, look at it for the numbers associated with a specific unit. Super complex to allow dealers to fiddle with the numbers, IMO.
    The “empty weight” is referred to as UVW, Unloaded Vehicle Weight. This is the sum of the hitch weight, street side wheel and curb side wheel weight. I assume for trailers, GDRV uses three scales. This UVW includes empty propane tanks and no battery. The CCC is calculated using the Gross Vehicle Weight Rating-(Unloaded Vehicle Weight + 40 pounds of propane). At least that’s what I’ve seen on a number of VWISs on different models.

The realistic CCC is reduced by subtracting the weight of batteries, typically about 50 pounds for a single battery, 50 pounds for water in the hot water tank; and typically 200 pounds in the holding tanks. GDRV uses 8.3 pounds per gallon, so 1/3 of fresh tank, about 15 gallons or about 120 pounds and maybe 10 or so gallons, 80 pounds in the black and grey tanks.

The example you provide of 1321 pound CCC is more like 1021 pounds for your gear.

Easy stuff, eh?
    Thanks for the info. It does appear that the dealer is quoting the weight info off the GD website instead of the actual weight info of the trailers he has in stock. I'll be checking on Monday. After I see the actual numbers it will be time to start adding up the weight of things I will be putting in the trailer including, water, propane, and batteries. If I decide to purchase the trailer I'll stop at a scale and actually weigh it before putting anything in it. That weight should include two full 20 lb propane tanks and a battery. Some stuff I can carry in my truck which has a CCC of 1741 lbs according to the sticker on the door panel. It's just the wife and I so I should be able to put my two 2200W generators, tools, and some other stuff that probably won't total over 500 lbs in the truck. What I need to find out is if the weights listed include a full tank of gas. The truck has a 36 gallon gas tank.
    Last edited by GaryS1964; 05-30-2020 at 05:21 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast