User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny thing, this is definitely the most religious anything I’ve read on this forum in this thread, to include the total of everything I’ve read the past couple years. I don’t think we have a problem, but I understand wanting to keep it that way. I also understand the great moderators and Chris clean things up before we see it many times. I’m okay with either way regarding #2 , and just hope things continue the way they are, which is awesome!

Thanks guys!
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    It's not often when I utilize executive privledge, but #2 needs to read "No political or religious conversations outside of the Way Off Topic section". If the prayer thing becomes an issue, then I will deal with it at that point. My guess is that it wont be. I will create the Way Off Topic section tonight.
    Thanks again, Jim for doing this and everyone's input to the proposed rules.
    Chris
    I have to say Chris hit the nail on the head. It is not about someone’s political stance or religious beliefs. This is about a RV forum so no political or religious conversations should be allowed BUT for someone to say “ my thoughts and prayers are with you...” or such is not about pushing religion on someone but about their personal moral beliefs. We shouldn’t be segrating. If we do what’s next saying Merry Christmas is out of bounds because someone might be offended... no wait we have been there and done that.... never mind.... seriously, I respect others beliefs and appreciate everyone’s diverse backgrounds and beliefs. To limit the spirit of that is wrong...

YMMV
    Jim
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trying to define what makes a post "religious in nature" is like trying to define "pretty". While very difficult to put in words, it's not hard to recognize when one sees "pretty" (or in this case reads a religious post). I recommend leaving the rules at "no political or religious" posts. Let's not get all in a tizzy if someone uses the word "prayer" or even asks for prayer. Again, the context of the post will stand on its own or reveal it is the equivalent of spam.

I do appreciate the civility of this forum and your work (and the other moderators) to keep it that way.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the clarification Jim, I was at the tail end of a 14+ hour workday and maybe a bit sensitive on a topic close to my heart. I truly appreciate your and Chris' efforts to manage an excellent forum and realize with growth comes the inevitable 10%ers that have to be kept in check by stated rules (there goes that common sense ain't so common.....). As always, the management of this most enjoyable forum come through. Best wishes for an excellent day to all.
    Lee and Michelle
    2017 Reflections 303RLS Build Date 12/14/16
    2015 F-250 Lariat 4x4 6.2L V8 3.73
    B&W Turnover ball and Andersen Ult 5th Wheel
    Prev:2015 Keystone Passport 2890RL
    2014 F-150 XLT 4x4 3.5L EcoBoost with Max Towing Package
    2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited w/Trailer Tow Group 3.6L 4x4
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having been a moderator on a Harley forum for the past 15 years I can appreciate the thankless job of the administrators and moderators, lousy pay, long hours and at times it seems like baby sitting adults. I am all for it as written or what ever makes it easier on those doing the work here.

I will take credit for the large increase in membership here.......OK, maybe a very small percentage increase .......by posting on the Grand Design facebook pages advising people about this forum. It's a two way street and the commonality is our RV of choice.

Just a quick note to thank Jim, Chris and other moderators and administrators for all that you guys do.....it is much appreciated!
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the behind the scenes work!
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kregli View Post
    For what it's worth, I'm with Paul.
    I agree with Paul and Keith.
    Colan and Marilyn Arnold
    Des Moines, IA - kind of, on the road full time.
    Currently in Durango, Colorado
    Momentum 350M originally, now a 397TH

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi all - Thanks so much for the feedback and honest debate. I believe I've captured the comments and incorporated your ideas. I've placed the rules in a sticky and posted it (Link below). I turned off commenting for that thread. If you have any additional comments, please share them with us here or send me a PM. I can edit the post if needed.

https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...22-Forum-Rules

Thanks again.

Jim

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim -

As a CYA, maybe @chris can make a pop up the next time (only one time) a member signs on with an outline of the rules and box to accept or decline. Even though these were unwritten rules, they are written now and people who have paid subscription should be made aware of the changes and given the option to opt out of the forum. Drastic, but you never know.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by offtohavasu View Post
    Jim -

As a CYA, maybe @chris can make a pop up the next time (only one time) a member signs on with an outline of the rules and box to accept or decline. Even though these were unwritten rules, they are written now and people who have paid subscription should be made aware of the changes and given the option to opt out of the forum. Drastic, but you never know.
    And in the mean time Curtis, we'll be very loose with imposing any type of sanctions for violations until the word gets out. Kind of like when a new traffic signal is implemented on a highway. The police give warnings instead of tickets.

Jim

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast