User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, I will be leaving the TT at an RV resort in Falmouth while on Martha's Vineyard for 3 nights. I considered taking the TT to MV, until I found that the ferry would charge almost $400 to transport, and we an AirBNB on the island for the immediate family already.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddlesore View Post
    No, I will be leaving the TT at an RV resort in Falmouth while on Martha's Vineyard for 3 nights. I considered taking the TT to MV, until I found that the ferry would charge almost $400 to transport, and we an AirBNB on the island for the immediate family already.
    Never been to Martha’s, but took the ferry (with bicycles) to Nantucket. Traffic was a nightmare. I just can’t imagine trying to navigate narrow streets with a TT. We just went for the day, and when we went to leave, the supposed “last” ferry was full because a hurricane took a sudden change of course-headed toward the island. We were told to go stand in line for a “lottery” to get on another ferry, and then found out it was for people who wanted to take their cars. Finally found the right place-bought a ticket and had time to have a nice dinner before we boarded.
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, quick update: @nyfingerlakes @Joscelyne3 @TwoElkhounds

@Country Campers @Saddlesore
    @2hams

Lorna is planning to bring potato salad, tossed salad, and bean salad for the pot luck, I’ve planned pasta salad (not mayo). For munchies during happy hour(s), Lorna and Eric have prepped smoked salmon, a cheese ball, and other nibbles, with wines from the Finger Lakes to sample. Bruce and I have some VT Hogsback cheese (VT Cheese Co?), lots of Ritz crackers, veggies/dip, and some local beers to try.

We just thought all of you would like to know what we were planning to bring-not that it should influence what you all were planning on, as duplicate/similar items sort of ensures no one feels obligated to make huge amounts. I’m sure there will be enough! And I do realize those of you already on the road, won’t want to be changing what you’re already planning.

I’ve tried to tag everyone coming, above. If it didn’t work, please pass the word for me. I’m wrestling with a watering system that insists upon denying 3 of my happy beefsteak tomato plants and time’s getting short.
    Nancy
    Last edited by Houndbb; 07-08-2019 at 08:25 AM.
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forgot to remind folks that Bruce and I are making pancakes on Sat. AM. We have plenty of New Hope Mills buttermilk mix, half gallon of NYS maple syrup, bacon, and a couple cans of Byrne Dairy whipped cream because Brian mentioned: WAFFLES! (We’re kinda hoping that Blackstone griddle of his rolls). If my bushes cooperate, we might have homegrown blueberries, but I was bringing fruit anyway.
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Nancy, and hello all.
    Carol and I will bring cold jumbo shrimp for Friday night appetizers, and caprese salad for Saturday night potluck. We also have a variety of "TastyKakes " for potluck desserts. Also, we'll be making the traditional "Grand Design Little Beers" (43 liquor and Baileys ).
    Looking forward to meeting everyone.
    Safe travels and good health.
    JJ and Carol
    John & Carol Joscelyne and Hexy
    Red 2014 Ford F-350 Platinum, SRW, CC, Short bed with roll-N-lock cover.
    With replacement 50 gallon TransferFlow fuel tank, Magnaflow air intake, Edge CT turner.
    Pullrite superglide fifth wheel hitch.
    2015 Grand Design 305RE Solitude, with slide out toppers, <new>Titan disc brakes and Goodyear "G" rated tires.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all,

Unfortunately, I am not going to be able to make it this weekend. Have some issues I need to deal with and simply do not have the time to make the trip. Hope you all have a great time. Maybe we can make the next one!

DAN
    2016 Reflection 323BHS
    2006 5.9L Ram Megacab

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We stopped in Wakefield, Virginia on the way and got some Virginia peanuts for munchies. I was thinking of taking a ride to Price Chopper in Rome to see if they still sell sausage bread.

Undecided on a pot luck dish.

Molly is looking forward to licking the little beer cups.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kay &amp; Dave - Virginia Beach, VA
    Golden Retriever Molly - Been swimming in 28 states
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    2019 GMC Denali CC/LB SRW
    Previous rig: 2014 Reflection 303RLS #314 and 2008 Silverado 2500 D/A

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoElkhounds View Post
    Hi all,

Unfortunately, I am not going to be able to make it this weekend. Have some issues I need to deal with and simply do not have the time to make the trip. Hope you all have a great time. Maybe we can make the next one!

DAN
    Dan, sorry to hear you're not able to make it. Hope that the issues are not to serious.
    Hopefully we can meet up with you at another time or a rally perhaps.
    John Joscelyne
    Last edited by Joscelyne3; 07-09-2019 at 04:58 AM. Reason: Forgot a word
    John & Carol Joscelyne and Hexy
    Red 2014 Ford F-350 Platinum, SRW, CC, Short bed with roll-N-lock cover.
    With replacement 50 gallon TransferFlow fuel tank, Magnaflow air intake, Edge CT turner.
    Pullrite superglide fifth wheel hitch.
    2015 Grand Design 305RE Solitude, with slide out toppers, <new>Titan disc brakes and Goodyear "G" rated tires.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many thanks to all my new friends from New York. They graciously received me and made me feel welcome. I walked past your area about 7:00 AM but didn't see any signs of life yet. But, due to family issues, I felt I needed to leave a day early to get back to Texas. I hope to meet you all sometime on the road. I will be back to explore this part of the country in more detail.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddlesore View Post
    Many thanks to all my new friends from New York. They graciously received me and made me feel welcome. I walked past your area about 7:00 AM but didn't see any signs of life yet. But, due to family issues, I felt I needed to leave a day early to get back to Texas. I hope to meet you all sometime on the road. I will be back to explore this part of the country in more detail.
    Hi Tom, We were glad to have you along with us! Safe travels and keep in touch.
    Nancy and Bruce
    Last edited by Houndbb; 07-16-2019 at 04:20 AM.
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast