Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Reflecction Owner

I recently purchased a 2018 GD-Reflection 297RSTS We are taking our first trip tomorrow and am looking forward to learning all about it.

I am sure I will be back to this Forum as I use it more and more.

Thanks Earl Grotts

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome Earl, we just recently purchased a used 2018 297RSTS. Good luck on your test run tomorrow. We did a two night practice run close to home last weekend and will be going on a longer trip over Veteran's Day weekend.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Trailer_Moss_Park.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	23143

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks James, Our first trip we are sticking close to home also, just to try everything out. We did get a Route 66 66 day warranty so we want to test as much as we can. I will send some pictures also. We always have a nice fire like you show.

Thanks Earl

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl Grotts View Post
    I recently purchased a 2018 GD-Reflection 297RSTS We are taking our first trip tomorrow and am looking forward to learning all about it.

I am sure I will be back to this Forum as I use it more and more.

Thanks Earl Grotts
    Welcome to the forum. We also have a 2018 297RSTS for just over a year now. Any questions just ask. There are a number of us on the forum that own this model.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome and I`m betting you all will love the floor plan.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Kenny & Susan "Freddie" on board
    2019 Reflection 297rsts
    2017 F250 6.2
    14k Equalizer

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum from Western Maryland. We have a 2019 297 RSTS that we purchased in June. Good luck with your new purchase. Hopefully the last owners have all the bugs worked out.
    2013 Ford Eco Boost CC ( previous)
    2016 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
    2019 Reflection 297 RSTS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Calbar,

Nice to meet you. We liked everything about the GD Reflection. I do have a couple of questions you may be able to help with. When using the Nautilus P1 system and filling the fresh water tank, how do you know when the tank is full. I started filling and watched the gauge in the control center and shut off the water when the last light comes on. I am unsure if I got a full tank. I believe it has an overflow, but I remember reading somewhere that states "Do Not Overfill".

Second question is on the power stabilizer's. After I put them down and put the slide-outs out I gave them a little more extend because it seemed a little bouncy. It appeared to raise slightly and then when I let off the button it would sink back down. Is there a limit on them that does not allow you to damage anything? The campsite was just a dirt (some gravel) area. I had a 2 x 6 board under all stabilizer feet.

Thanks Earl

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi! Earl papermakermd here until Calbar gets on here I'll tell you what I know and that is not much. I would fill the tank the same as you did if I was filling it. I don't travel with anything in my tanks. I would guess if you shot of the water when last light came on you would be OK. I lower the stabilizers until they feel snug to the ground. Your bouncy feel may be coming from the wiggle in the tires. You can purchase things to stop tire movement but still will not take out all bounce. There has been discussion on here about the jacks slowly raising by themselves a little when using the trailer. I found a little of this happening and check every evening to make sure they are still snug. Do not use them to raise the trailer.
    2013 Ford Eco Boost CC ( previous)
    2016 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
    2019 Reflection 297 RSTS

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl Grotts View Post
    Calbar,

Nice to meet you. We liked everything about the GD Reflection. I do have a couple of questions you may be able to help with. When using the Nautilus P1 system and filling the fresh water tank, how do you know when the tank is full. I started filling and watched the gauge in the control center and shut off the water when the last light comes on. I am unsure if I got a full tank. I believe it has an overflow, but I remember reading somewhere that states "Do Not Overfill".

Second question is on the power stabilizer's. After I put them down and put the slide-outs out I gave them a little more extend because it seemed a little bouncy. It appeared to raise slightly and then when I let off the button it would sink back down. Is there a limit on them that does not allow you to damage anything? The campsite was just a dirt (some gravel) area. I had a 2 x 6 board under all stabilizer feet.

Thanks Earl
    Hi Earl,

The 297 fresh water tank has an overflow blue tube that sticks out from the underbelly in the same area as the white fresh water drain. When I fill mine up I fill until water comes out the overflow. Done this several times and never had an issue. Others on the forum also fill this way without issues.

As for the stabilizer jacks I put them down before I pull out the slides after I have leveled front to back and side to side. Per Lippert I hold for 1 to 2 seconds and release to avoid damaging anything. I also have clamps between the tires to helps with the movement but you will always get some bit of bounce due to the tires and springs. There is no limit that I am aware of so you could burn them out.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    Hi Earl,

The 297 fresh water tank has an overflow blue tube that sticks out from the underbelly in the same area as the white fresh water drain. When I fill mine up I fill until water comes out the overflow. Done this several times and never had an issue. Others on the forum also fill this way without issues.

As for the stabilizer jacks I put them down before I pull out the slides after I have leveled front to back and side to side. Per Lippert I hold for 1 to 2 seconds and release to avoid damaging anything. I also have clamps between the tires to helps with the movement but you will always get some bit of bounce due to the tires and springs. There is no limit that I am aware of so you could burn them out.

Rob
    Rob,

Thank you very much for the info. I will try filling the way you do next time, and see how that works. As for the stabilizers, I may invest in wheel chocks I have seen that goes between the tires and spreads out to stop all "fore and aft" movement. The ones I have now just go on the ground on each side of the tire.

Thanks Earl & Karen
    2018 Reflection 297 RSTS
    2013 F-150 Eco Boost

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast