User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canyonlight View Post
    Curtis - you wild and crazy guy !........too many electrical shocks over the years ?

Dan
    Nah. Like mentioned above, the small ones most of us have fun with; guessing the size, location, how many Tweets will go out. Now that big 7.1 that happened in Ridgecrest last year, that got the blood flowing. By the crow flyies, it was about 150 miles away. When it was going on though, I knew it had some distance to it. 1) It had a big rolling feel to it and 2) It was going on for a long time. When I kept going my wife gave me the look. I said don't worry, it would be BIG by now if it was close.

BTW, I'll be in your neck of the woods in July!
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by offtohavasu View Post
    Nah. Like mentioned above, the small ones most of us have fun with; guessing the size, location, how many Tweets will go out. Now that big 7.1 that happened in Ridgecrest last year, that got the blood flowing. By the crow flyies, it was about 150 miles away. When it was going on though, I knew it had some distance to it. 1) It had a big rolling feel to it and 2) It was going on for a long time. When I kept going my wife gave me the look. I said don't worry, it would be BIG by now if it was close.

Yea, we felt both of them. We're about 150 miles east-north-east of Ridgecrest. The morning of July 4th we were having breakfast at our favorite pub when the chair I was sitting on started wobbling. I'm looking down like what's wrong with my chair. Then reality set in. The next evening I was at work when the "big one" hit. Same slow rolling motion, but I got real concerned real quick because a couple of my mechanics had buses in the air on the lifts. I ran out to the shop, but fortunately everything was okay. That was a little freaky.

John
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    2017 Can Am Outlander 1000 XT-P
    2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
    1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by offtohavasu View Post

Keep me posted with details in a PM. Don't want to take the OPs thread further off track.......never happened before !

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Decades ago my GF and I were on a road trip visiting her sister near Disneyland in CA. They lived in a double wide MH. We were sitting on a hope chest in the guest bedroom taking our shoes off before bed when a quake rolled through. She had never felt an earthquake. WHAT's THAT? I said an earthquake and continued to unlace my shoes. Her eyes were as big as salad plates.

Another time while living in Alaska my X and I were sound asleep in our 3rd story master bedroom when a decent magnatude quake struck. I'm a lite sleeper and heard it coming. I'm laying there as the log home began to rock, roll and creak. She wakes up and says. Are we gonna be okay? I answered hold that thought. After about 20 seconds the quake passed and I said. Yep we're fine. Back to sleep. Till the after shocks started. Very minor.

Same X-wife I was out salmon fishing with in SE Alaska when a Humpback whale surfaced next to our 18' aluminum skiff and was headed for us. She says, " DO SOMETHING"! Let's see. I've got a fish bonker and a gaf hook at hand. I voted that we sit there and enjoy nature as the 35' whale scraped the bow of our skiff and moved on. Good times.

Seasoned Camper more tired since retired's Avatar
    southern Georgia, where gnats rule the world
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just the pleasure of RVing and living on the west coast. I do miss the scenery, clean fresh air, open spaces and shaking from when I lived up in Alaska.
    2020 F-250 XLT SuperCrew 7.3L Blue Ox SwayPro, 2020 Imagine 2600RB,
    1600W Solar w/525AH LiFePO4, Victron 3000W, Road Armor w/wet bolt suspension, VisionWork Camera System, Peplink MAX BR1 Pro 5G Mobile Router,MicroAir EasyStart
    Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ FMCA#489460 Escapees SKP#166379

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by more tired since retired View Post
    Just the pleasure of RVing and living on the west coast. I do miss the scenery, clean fresh air, open spaces and shaking from when I lived up in Alaska.
    Hey Tired !!

Your sig reminded me of an old adage I'd thought I'd share !!!

I used to get 3 or 4 things done in a day...
    Now, it takes me 3 or 4 days to get one thing done !!

Michael
    Previously known as mikgala

F-250 7.3 PSD Lariat Super Cab LB wt 152K - 25 row Ford tranny cooler, A&E Air Intake system, TS-6 high performance Super Chip, Air Ride airbags, Bilstein shocks

2017 Reflection 307 MKS 9,875 UVW / 12,995 GVWR / 1,605 Pin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure glad all worked out in both instances. We experienced a near weather issue last May. After driving 260 miles from Albuquerque to a RV Park in Yukon, TX and setting up, we ended up re-hitching and driving an extra 302 miles south to Waco in order to get away from predicted storms with 60 to 80 mph winds, hail, and possible tornados. Schools were being cancelled for the next day. That is all we needed to hear. We left at 7:00 PM and got to our planned destination in Waco at 12:30 AM.
    BTW...Please let us know where you are going to be camping so the rest of us can go the other direction! Happy camping!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the record......I NEVER drive I-40 or anywhere near it, in springtime,
    for EXACTLY that reason !!!
    It isn't called Tornado Alley for nothin !!
    Almost got wiped out in Oklahoma in April 2017, FIVE tornados touched down in a 10 sq. mile area at midnight. Had to jump outa bed and leave brand new trailer in park just to stay alive !!
    Spent 2 hours following gas company employees all over various county roads listening to storm chasers spot them to avoid getting creamed.
    When they finally passed. and we drove back, we weren't even sure the trailers would be there in one piece !!!
    Baseball sized hail was reported on News...pic below!! !!!

Luckily....the rig was untouched.
    But, I later found out WHY.
    It turns out the town was called Seminole , named by the chief of the Florida tribe that was " relocated" by the good ol' US Calvary back in 1800's.
    It was said the Chief blessed his new home and it was sacred ground.

No tornado has ever touched the town to this day, although there have been many touchdowns surrounding it.

Michael

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170528_091724_1496025352099.jpeg 
Views:	27 
Size:	297.1 KB 
ID:	24410
    Last edited by Da Breeze; 01-22-2020 at 09:37 AM.
    Previously known as mikgala

F-250 7.3 PSD Lariat Super Cab LB wt 152K - 25 row Ford tranny cooler, A&E Air Intake system, TS-6 high performance Super Chip, Air Ride airbags, Bilstein shocks

2017 Reflection 307 MKS 9,875 UVW / 12,995 GVWR / 1,605 Pin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12