User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Momentum Unit Insurance

Hello All,

I am about to close on a new Momentum 25G. Thew insurance quotes that I am getting are higher than the higher valued class A that I am trading in? Is there a carrier that is offering reasonable rates these days?

Thanks

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TXsurfer View Post
    Hello All,

I am about to close on a new Momentum 25G. Thew insurance quotes that I am getting are higher than the higher valued class A that I am trading in? Is there a carrier that is offering reasonable rates these days?

Thanks
    Mine is through SafeCo on a 351M. 1000 dollar deductible, comprehensive and collision. 400/yr. Not sure if that's high or not, but seemed pretty reasonable to me.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So far I've only done one quote, and that was through Good Sams on a 351M and it was $800/yr. For full replacement. That SafeCo rate is pretty darn good.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by offtohavasu View Post
    So far I've only done one quote, and that was through Good Sams on a 351M and it was $800/yr. For full replacement. That SafeCo rate is pretty darn good.
    I think so. But worth nothing, mine is replacement cost, not ACV or stated value. That it likely pushing your costs up some (perhaps significantly). In a total loss, you'd get a significantly larger check that I would.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Overtaxed View Post
    I think so. But worth nothing, mine is replacement cost, not ACV or stated value. That it likely pushing your costs up some (perhaps significantly). In a total loss, you'd get a significantly larger check that I would.
    You're probably right. The first year they give the MSRP value, after that they'll pay out what we paid for the coach.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks - I have tried several - all around $1200/yr. They keep telling me toy haulers are expensive to ins.... seems crazy high to me.. My 2018 Class A is only $1000 and you would think that the exposure would be far greater having passengers on board and all..

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I taught at a college for 30 years took a buyout Dec 2014. In 2017 I realized our insurance on boat house cars winter home was getting out of hand. My wife remembered that the union I no longer belong too had a deal through Johnston Insurance. Saved 50 a month on the cars and 400.00 a year on the house 200.00 on the winter home. Sold the boat and got a 2020 2450rl we have full replacement insurance 1000.00 deductible for just over 400.00 a year. Have coverage for hotel accommodations and meals too. In Canada they will insure any government or provincial employee. I also do my out of country insurance through them. Don't know if you ever belonged to a union or were a government employee but it's an avenue to check out. The union even got us a get deal on our cell phones through Bak communications.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    2020 Imagine 2450RL
    Wasaga Beach Ontario Canada
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 Trailer Tow Package
    Eaz-Lift Elite WD Hitch 14,000lb capacity 1,200lb bars

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a momentum but a new reflection and I’m getting anywhere between 1150-1250/year at the moment for quotes.
    When we had our jayco it was 40/mo so it’s just crazy as to why (Good Sam for both)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Ram 3500 Laramie Megacab Patriot bus
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am through Progressive, Full replacement/ purchase price (obviously that goes down with trailer depreciation). Deductible for collision and Comp is $375. I pay $523 a year. Got the reflection in April of 2019 - new build.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT ROC View Post
    I am through Progressive, Full replacement/ purchase price (obviously that goes down with trailer depreciation). Deductible for collision and Comp is $375. I pay $523 a year. Got the reflection in April of 2019 - new build.
    Yeah, neglected to mention, I got a quote from Progressive too, and their prices were also quite good. Safeco and Progressive were the best that I quoted out on the 351M.