User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockhound 7 View Post
    Where did you buy them and what did they cost. The TorkLift web site keeps the cost secrect.
    Call them - I found their customer service to be excellent. Mine were on discount when I bought them.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there room for a step rug when they are folded? My wife likes to have a rug on the steps so we don't track mud into the trailer. Also, which model number was used for a 303RLS?
    Happy campers! / Lorna & Eric and our little furball, Finnan, Canandaigua, NY
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali HD 6.6L Duramax Turbo Diesel, Allison 6 speed transmission, 5th wheel setup, Pullrite SuperGlide 20k
    2018 Reflection 303RLS Built 3/2018, Dual AC's

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nyfingerlakes View Post
    Is there room for a step rug when they are folded? My wife likes to have a rug on the steps so we don't track mud into the trailer. Also, which model number was used for a 303RLS?
    I'm not sure about the step rugs as I don't have them on mine. The model number for the Glowstep on my 2019 303RLS is TLA8004.
    2019 303RLS Reflection 5th Wheel
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat 4X4 CC/SB/SRW 6.7L Diesel
    B&W Companion Slider Hitch

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nyfingerlakes View Post
    Hi Eric, it's JJ.
    You can put rugs on them , we did.
    My steps are the parts number HighFive gave you.
    Call me
    Last edited by Joscelyne3; 02-22-2020 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Spelling
    John & Carol Joscelyne and Hexy
    Red 2014 Ford F-350 Platinum, SRW, CC, Short bed with roll-N-lock cover.
    With replacement 50 gallon TransferFlow fuel tank, Magnaflow air intake, Edge CT turner.
    Pullrite superglide fifth wheel hitch.
    2015 Grand Design 305RE Solitude, with slide out toppers, <new>Titan disc brakes and Goodyear "G" rated tires.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes you can put rugs on them. We have Ruggids on all 4 steps and they are twice as thick as other step rugs.
    2018 Reflection 315RLTS
    2023 F350 Lariat 6.7L/CC/LB/FX4

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2rad4u View Post
    Howdy folks. Today I completed my install of my new TorkLift GlowStep Revolution steps and had to share my experience!

I have had several RV's from pop-ups to travel trailers to 5th wheels, each with a slightly different type/brand/style of entry steps.

Our first campers had the factory steel fold up steps. You know how great ;-) these are, lol...

My previous travel trailer, the Rockwood 2608, came from the factory with the MORryde fold in steps. We really liked how solid these steps were, but, like a lot of folks, didn't much like the fact they folded INTO the RV and had to be deployed to enter the coach.

Fast forward to our purchase of our current rig, and Grand Design 5th wheel. This coach came with the factory aluminum fold out steps, as you can see below -

Now, these are a step above from the old steel steps, but lack the stability of the MORryde steps which we were used to.

Now what to do?

I am a member of several forums and have engaged in several discussions concerning RV steps and have defended the MORryde steps on occasion as they were, at the time, the best steps I had personal experience with.

Fast forward a little. My new factory steps are leaving much to be desired.

First, we had to have a box built with 2x4's to use a first step since the first real step was WAY too high.

Second, the last step reminded me of a diving board. When you stepped on it it was very springy and made the whole coach move, whether you were going up or down!

Hey, I know what your thinking! I only weigh 190...

So, not wanting the steps that fold into the coach, but wanting the stability, the TorkLift GlowStep Revolution stood out as the right choice.

I had read several reviews of the GlowSteps, but had not seen or used them personally. Well, that was about to change!

Say hello to my new TorkLift GlowStep Revolution RV Steps!! Well, the box anyway... They came packed very well!

And finally unboxed!

The box contained the fully assembled GlowSteps, the installation/owners manual and a bag of hardware.

The removal and installation was extremely easy. My original steps were held on by 4 bolts that were easily accessible. A 9/16 socket was all that was needed to get them ready to remove.

I used the box that my TorkLift steps came in as a jack! I just slid the box under the old steps, removed the bolts and pulled the box out. Viola! The old steps were out!

One thing I noticed as I was removing the old steps. Look at the HUGE difference in the thickness of the metal between the original steps and the TorkLift! The TorkLift GlowSteps are STOUT and built to last!!!

Original step -

The TorkLift GlowStep Revolution -

You can really see how much thicker the GlowStep frame is!

So, using the box again as my floor jack, I slid the GlowSteps into position and lined up the holes. The holes lined up perfectly and all I had to to was insert the 4 bolts and tighten them down.

Here they are fully deployed -

And here they are locked in position for traveling -

The install took maybe 30 minutes, and I was in no rush whatsoever. The instructions were easy to make out and all necessary hardware was included.

So, how do we like them?

Well, we took the rest of the day to try them out, go up and down, adjust them several ways, pack and deploy them, etc, etc.

All we can say is WOW! They are really nice and incredibly sturdy when deployed. No more diving board! My wife is REALLY happy (and that's all that really counts) and the dogs like them too! The steps are wide and easy to navigate.

Did I mention solid! We really like the 3 adjustment points at the top so you can really fine tune the steps and then customize the bottom adjustments to get them perfect!

And when locked for travel they are not going anywhere!

Well, thanks for reading my long winded post. If you have any questions, feel free to email me @ [email protected]

Happy Camping!!
    Rain stopped long enough to get my Glow steps installed. 30 minute total turnaround and what a difference. The key tool required, as shown in your pics, is the shipping box. Save time and allows one person install for most part.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill G View Post
    Rain stopped long enough to get my Glow steps installed. 30 minute total turnaround and what a difference. The key tool required, as shown in your pics, is the shipping box. Save time and allows one person install for most part.
    Now that the weather is getting better, I plan to install my Torklift Glowsteps this week. I got rid of the box they came in when they arrived back in the winter, but I have other things to help me install them easily. I'm looking forward to this 30 minute job being done!
    Happy campers! / Lorna & Eric and our little furball, Finnan, Canandaigua, NY
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali HD 6.6L Duramax Turbo Diesel, Allison 6 speed transmission, 5th wheel setup, Pullrite SuperGlide 20k
    2018 Reflection 303RLS Built 3/2018, Dual AC's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Howdy folks. Today I completed my install of my new TorkLift GlowStep Revolution steps and had to share my experience!

I have had several RV's from pop-ups to travel trailers to 5th wheels, each with a slightly different type/brand/style of entry steps.

Our first campers had the factory steel fold up steps. You know how great ;-) these are, lol...

My previous travel trailer, the Rockwood 2608, came from the factory with the MORryde fold in steps. We really liked how solid these steps were, but, like a lot of folks, didn't much like the fact they folded INTO the RV and had to be deployed to enter the coach.

Fast forward to our purchase of our current rig, and Grand Design 5th wheel. This coach came with the factory aluminum fold out steps, as you can see below -

Now, these are a step above from the old steel steps, but lack the stability of the MORryde steps which we were used to.

Now what to do?

I am a member of several forums and have engaged in several discussions concerning RV steps and have defended the MORryde steps on occasion as they were, at the time, the best steps I had personal experience with.

First, we had to have a box built with 2x4's to use a first step since the first real step was WAY too high.

Second, the last step reminded me of a diving board. When you stepped on it it was very springy and made the whole coach move, whether you were going up or down!

So, not wanting the steps that fold into the coach, but wanting the stability, the TorkLift GlowStep Revolution stood out as the right choice.

I had read several reviews of the GlowSteps, but had not seen or used them personally. Well, that was about to change!

Say hello to my new TorkLift GlowStep Revolution RV Steps!! Well, the box anyway... They came packed very well!

And finally unboxed!

The box contained the fully assembled GlowSteps, the installation/owners manual and a bag of hardware.

The removal and installation was extremely easy. My original steps were held on by 4 bolts that were easily accessible. A 9/16 socket was all that was needed to get them ready to remove.

I used the box that my TorkLift steps came in as a jack! I just slid the box under the old steps, removed the bolts and pulled the box out. Viola! The old steps were out!

One thing I noticed as I was removing the old steps. Look at the HUGE difference in the thickness of the metal between the original steps and the TorkLift! The TorkLift GlowSteps are STOUT and built to last!!!

Original step -

So, using the box again as my floor jack, I slid the GlowSteps into position and lined up the holes. The holes lined up perfectly and all I had to to was insert the 4 bolts and tighten them down.

The install took maybe 30 minutes, and I was in no rush whatsoever. The instructions were easy to make out and all necessary hardware was included.

So, how do we like them?

Well, we took the rest of the day to try them out, go up and down, adjust them several ways, pack and deploy them, etc, etc.

All we can say is WOW! They are really nice and incredibly sturdy when deployed. No more diving board! My wife is REALLY happy (and that's all that really counts) and the dogs like them too! The steps are wide and easy to navigate.

Did I mention solid! We really like the 3 adjustment points at the top so you can really fine tune the steps and then customize the bottom adjustments to get them perfect!

Well, thanks for reading my long winded post. If you have any questions, feel free to email me @ [email protected]

Happy Camping!!
    We love ours best investment we have made [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Ram 2500 Heavy Duty Hemi 6.4 4x4
    2019 GD Imagine 2250RK
    Companions: VinDiesel & Luna

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now what to do?

And finally unboxed!

Original step -

So, how do we like them?

Happy Camping!!
    HI, 2RAD. Quick question. Installed my GlowSteps on 303 yesterday. The mounting box on 303 is 1/4" to 1/2" wider than the box / frame of new steops. Did you use spacers or simply torque down to 303 box?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not 2RAD but to answer your question I didn't need them for my 303. I had ordered them but perfect fit without them and no gap. I'm not sure why you have that much gap. You may want to order them and see. I believe they come with 4 and you may only need 2.
    Last edited by HighFive; 04-07-2020 at 05:13 AM.
    2019 303RLS Reflection 5th Wheel
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat 4X4 CC/SB/SRW 6.7L Diesel
    B&W Companion Slider Hitch

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast