User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Foremost (Farmers) Roadside Assistance

I have Foremost RV insurance through Farmers for my Solitude, and Foremost roadside assistance is included at no additional charge. Covers RV & TV through a company called TraveLine.

I’m unable to get much info about this either online or through my agent. Cannot find any reviews either. Before purchasing Good Sam (ugh) roadside assistance thought I’d see if anyone has knowledge or experience with the Foremost (Traveline) road assistance program.

Thank you.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markb777 View Post
    Good Sam (ugh) roadside assistance
    While I cannot help you with Foremost (Traveline) road side assistance I can share my experiences with Good Sam. They are not the greatest, they are slow, they are somewhat ignorant of RV needs. They rely on the ability to be able to spend a lot of time on the phone.

Having said the bad part I will give you the good part. I have had my 5th wheel towed 3 times. I have had tires fixed/replaced twice. When my truck blew the engine they towed it twice, initially to a local repair facility that said they could not do the work, then again 90 miles to the nearest authorized warranty repair facility.

It was terribly frustrating working with them when I was stressed out on the side of the road, but later, I realized that they were doing the best they could do. I am not sure that any roadside assistance program could do better.

Keep in mind also, all of my breakdowns are in very remote places with few facilities available, you will get reports of almost instantaneous responses, look at where those breakdowns occur, it's easy to get help when you have 5 facilities within 20 miles, much more difficult when you have 1 facility 45 miles away.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent point!
    Don and Anita
    Oklahoma
    2015 RAM 2500 Cummins Diesel Laramie Edition
    2017 Reflection 337
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch/B&W Companion...depending on weight

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check AAA Premier RV, Allstate, coachnet, and FMCA

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the replies, I have checked into all the aforementioned companies but have the Foremost included at no charge with my RV insurance policy. No charge sometimes means sub par service but hopefully not!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also have Foremost . Have not had the occasion to use it yet. My brother who was a Farm Bureau agent for 33 years travels in a diesel pusher. He recommended Foremost and has it on his RV . Said he knew people who has used it with no problems.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have both Good Sam and American Family. Am. Fam. is $120/yr. Good Sam is $150/year. I cannot remember why I got Am. Fam. I'm going to drop one. Good Sam covers more than Am. Fam.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually