User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=JDWHSKY;154956]This is what I installed to save us from bending bending over and reaching way in the back - yes, we are older RV'ers.

Hey, you're never old with a car like that!
    G and J
    Ontario, Canada
    2018 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We don't like to have to open and close a door every time we have some garbage to throw away - and the size of container that would fit under there is too small for our purposes. We keep a 13 gal. Simplehuman trash can under the rear overhang of the kitchen island. We order the custom-fit Simplehuman bags for it from Amazon and they're the best bags we've ever used. It has a two-part lid that opens by stepping on a foot pedal. We have a small shelf, a basket, and tub under the sink to hold kitchen and cleaning supplies, rags trash bags, etc.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G and J View Post
    Looking under the sink in the island of our 315, there is a lot of empty space. Also the trailer did not come with any sort of garbage container. I'm tossing around the idea of installing racks in the island that are on drawer slides. One for a garbage receptacle and another for pots and pans. These racks are available at Lowe's, Home Depot, etc.

I'm just wondering how other owners have made use of the space in this area.
    Like @Iamjulieb, my better half installed a Rev-a-Shelf sliding trash can under the sink. https://www.rev-a-shelf.com/p-256-ac...ontainers.aspx

Fran's also trying to figure out how to add a light in this area. Will probably be a motion-sensitive 120V LED.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After much thought, we decided to not use the space below the sink for the garbage can. There's not much room between the island and stove and lack of lighting. I solved the problem by putting under counter LED lights around the island & purchased a nice size/looking garbage bin from Costco and placed it under the island. It has a motion sensor that opens/closes automatically or manually and by pulling it out slightly it is easy to use while prepping food, scraps & such going directly into the bin. Yeah, it is in front of one of the heat vents, but there are two others on each side and because the can is double-lined, heavy duty plastic, I doubt the garbage will heat up. Additionally, the under counter LED strip lights up not only the garbage can but the drawers and under the sink space when the doors are open. What do we store in the space? The dish rack & cleaning stuff.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TRAILER KITCHEN 2.jpg   TRAILER KITCHEN 3.jpg   TRAILER KITCHEN 1.jpg  

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brad, I installed a dishwasher at the end of the island where you have the trash can in your 1st photo. I plumbed it in through the side of the island, feeding the hoses and fittings through a 2" hole I drilled. We put the trash can next to the counter where the furnace is located (at the rounded corner opposite the entrance). This still leaves us with ample space. I have a couple of baskets that I'm installing on the inside of the two doors that open under the sink. This gives us a lot of room for storage underneath.
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS
    2020 Riverstone 39FK
    2016 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7L Powerstroke Lariat 2WD DRW

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use the exact same can as BradLB, except at the other end of the island. Another SS can, oval in shape with a step on opener, sits next to the hutch by the rounded corner for recycle. Plenty of room .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12