Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Slide Out Floor Construction

According to the Grand Design website and in the brochures, the slide out roof and end walls are aluminum framed. I was wondering how the slide out floor is framed because I have noticed in my 315RLTS when I step in the space between the dining table and the couch the entire floor sinks about 1/2 inch. When I step back the floor levels out again. Mind you I weigh about 300 lbs, but I don't think the floor should be that flexible.

Anyone else notice this in their trailer or have any knowledge of the slide out floor construction?
    G and J
    Ontario, Canada
    2018 Reflection 315RLTS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Usually slide floors are just plywood. 3/4"-1" thick. All you have to do is lift the carpet flap up and look.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your right hand slide looks similar to my TV-DR right hand slide. Its floor rides on thick plastic at the wall and that's what supports the interior edge when the slide is extended.
    The OSB slide floor floats above the main floor when retracted, so no support for it then except at exterior wall.
    Slide on left hand side is different, it has rollers under it.

Floor when retracted:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Floor under DR-TV Slide DSCF2208.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	94.0 KB 
ID:	15590

Plastic floor support at bottom exterior.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TV-DR Slide Floor - Exterior HDPE.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	102.0 KB 
ID:	15591

Gene
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gbkims View Post
    Your right hand slide looks similar to my TV-DR slide. Its floor rides on thick plastic at the wall and that's what supports the interior edge when the slide is extended.
    The OSB slide floor floats above the main floor when retracted, so no support for it then except at exterior wall.
    Slide on left hand side is different, it has rollers under it.

Gene
    x2 on Gene's description. We have just completed re-carpeting our dining/recliner curb side slide and it is constructed/supported exactly as Gene describes. And it is a "flexible floor" if you put sufficient weight on it.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    x2 on Gene's description. We have just completed re-carpeting our dining/recliner curb side slide and it is constructed/supported exactly as Gene describes. And it is a "flexible floor" if you put sufficient weight on it.

Rob
    Thanks for the info. I wonder how much weight the floor is rated for...or should I accelerate my diet?
    G and J
    Ontario, Canada
    2018 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're experiencing sagging of the slide floor on the dinette/theater side side - it's quite noticeable with the slide out and nobody in the slide space. We've also had to have structural repair where the slide floor meets the back wall of the slide on that side. All in all, I think it's an extremely poor design and choice of materials.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015