User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First time winterizing Momentum

This will be the first time winterizing our 395m. I am looking for the low water drain. I have two 1 1/2” white gate valves. These are for the fresh water Tanks right? If so where are my low water drains. And what are the two blue short hoses on the left and right of the water filter?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi @GNCC621! Those two valves are indeed your low point drains for hot and cold lines. Remember to also winterize your washer dryer hookups and outside shower.

Here's a video on the Nautilus Panel https://youtu.be/NH4xfcXeccU

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm hooked up right now to utilities.

The rear pull doesn't have any water coming out, so that must be a fresh water tank dump. I don't have any water in my fresh tank ATM.

The pull forward of that towards the front does have water pouring out when opened, so that must be the low point drain.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, don't forget the cold water spray port and the hot/cold "outdoor shower".

Commonly missed points.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The red and blue valves in the lower right of the picture are the low point drain valves.
    The handles face each other, so you only see the red one, but they both use blue pipes out the bottom.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 026.jpg  
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I was a little confused and still am.

There are two exterior dump valves, drivers side. One in front of the triple axle and one behind.

I was under the imrpession that the one behind was the fresh and the front was some kind of supplemental low point drain. Apparently this is wrong.

My reasoning was I had filled the fresh tank once during PDI, dumped it with the valve in back. Never thought about it again until I saw this post. After @huntr70 replied, I went out and pulled the back again, nothing. Tank empty, expected. Pulled the one in front and tons of water dumped out. Figured it was some kind of low point for both hot and cold or something. Incorrect. Turned off water, it dumped more but when it stopped and I put the city water back on it didn't flow again. Ok, so I was wrong.

I didn't think there were two fresh tanks. I see an aux fill on the panel and there is the option via the switches to power fill, I assumed the aux fill was just a backup in the even the nautilius switch didn't work. I guess that was incorrect?

Why on earth would there be two fresh tanks? Are there 2? With two dump valves there would seem to be. Does the pump pull from both?

I guess I'll have to re-evaulate things and I am confused. I apologize for the mis-information in my first post. If anyone knows and can clarify I would appreciate it.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are two. And they are connected by a hose. The problem with this is that when you fill the tanks if flows from one to the other. How ever from what I understand the hose that connect's the two is some what small. Example I have filled my tank from the control panel till the overflow had water comping out. went in and looked at the gauge and it did not show full. Let is set or pull down the road and even less water was showed to be in the tank. ( guess it takes awhile to even out from the fill tank to the other.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    So I was a little confused and still am.

There are two exterior dump valves, drivers side. One in front of the triple axle and one behind.

I was under the imrpession that the one behind was the fresh and the front was some kind of supplemental low point drain. Apparently this is wrong.

My reasoning was I had filled the fresh tank once during PDI, dumped it with the valve in back. Never thought about it again until I saw this post. After @huntr70 replied, I went out and pulled the back again, nothing. Tank empty, expected. Pulled the one in front and tons of water dumped out. Figured it was some kind of low point for both hot and cold or something. Incorrect. Turned off water, it dumped more but when it stopped and I put the city water back on it didn't flow again. Ok, so I was wrong.

I didn't think there were two fresh tanks. I see an aux fill on the panel and there is the option via the switches to power fill, I assumed the aux fill was just a backup in the even the nautilius switch didn't work. I guess that was incorrect?

Why on earth would there be two fresh tanks? Are there 2? With two dump valves there would seem to be. Does the pump pull from both?

I guess I'll have to re-evaulate things and I am confused. I apologize for the mis-information in my first post. If anyone knows and can clarify I would appreciate it.

The power fill steering on the Nautilis panel puts water into the front fresh tank. The water then slowly flows through the connecting hose into the auxiliary fresh water tank until the two tanks are of equal depth. The Auxiliary water fill on the nautilus panel puts water directly into the auxiliary tank. If you want both tanks full and you want to do it as quickly as possible you can fill the front one then move the hose to the auxiliary fill port to top off the rear one.

The two drains on the bottom of the camper with the white pull handles are indeed the dumps for the two fresh water tanks.

As said above, the low point drains are the two valves on either side of the water filter.
    2022 Reflection150 226RK
    2022 F150 Powerboost hybrid with 3.5L Ecoboost

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are two fresh tanks because the amount of space between the frame rails where the tanks are mounted is not large enough to hold the full 157 gallons of fresh water in only one tank, therefore they have to use two tanks in order to achieve that capacity. Make sense? Main tank is 106 gal on my 381M.
    2019 Momentum 381M
    2018 Denali Dually LB with B&W Companion puck hitch
    Polaris RZR XP1k and Ranger 900XP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast