Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Recall on Reflection 2018-2019 28BH and29RS

Got a letter from GD stating there is a recall on the above units due to a possible wiring problem at the 50 amp breaker, said to bring to dealer for a fix. the dealer is about 25 miles away. Had the unit home for about 1 month and have not had a chance to camp with it yet, now parked next to the house behind the early snow, will not move it because the lawn is very soft under the snow. I called the number and explained the situation to the rep. that answered, he was very understanding and stated that they want to have these repairs done ASAP, and they would pay to have a service call to my house to check and make the necessary repairs if needed. I contacted a RV service center close by and they requested a copy of the letter so they can contact the GD people to make the arrangements for the service, being a holiday week I expect to hear something next week. So far very happy with the response from GD, however I will keep everyone posted on the progress....to be continued!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope they have the problem resolved. My 28BH is tentatively scheduled to ship on December 6th.

Kevin
    Kevin and Jennifer
    2016 RAM 3500 Laramie Mega Cab CTD Aisin 4x4 SRW
    2019 Reflection 28BH (Built 2/2019)
    - 78" Theater Seat, Second AC, Dual Pane Windows
    - Sailun 235/85 R16 Tires
    Blue Ox Super Ride BXR7200 with a Demco Factory Prep Bracket 6099

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Taking it in to a dealer seems to be a slow boat to China. It would be nice to know exactly what was left "undone." It may be something that a knowledgeable owner could repair on their own. I think I'll take the cover off mine to see what I can see.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I called my dealer and the service department wasn't open. Have to call back during the week. I really dont want to pull my camper out from its storage spot and drive down wintry road salt covered roads. Hoping either they bring a service person come out or let it hold out until spring.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch ISR Version
    Predator 3500W Inverter Generator
    2017 Ram 3500 Mega cab SRW w/6.4L Hemi, Ramboxes, Active Air Rear Suspension
    2017 Aluma 8214HS
    2015 Lund Crossover 1775 XS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikec557 View Post
    Taking it in to a dealer seems to be a slow boat to China. It would be nice to know exactly what was left "undone." It may be something that a knowledgeable owner could repair on their own. I think I'll take the cover off mine to see what I can see.
    Mike,

Did you find out what the problem is and how to correct it? I'd rather fix it myself too, rather than leave it at the dealer for weeks or months for a one hour fix.Wonder if one of those cheapo plug in wiring diagnostic thingies would detect it?

-jj

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjinatx View Post
    Mike,

Did you find out what the problem is and how to correct it? I'd rather fix it myself too, rather than leave it at the dealer for weeks or months for a one hour fix.Wonder if one of those cheapo plug in wiring diagnostic thingies would detect it?

-jj
    Nope. I examined all wires I can see in the fuse/breaker box. Everything is tight. As are the 50amp breaker and the hot wires to it. I saw the bare (guessing 8 or 10ga) bare copper wire that grounds to the converter and the fuse/breaker panel. I would like to have seen the ground, and other wires, on the back side of the landline outlet. But the only way to see that on my 29RS is to take it off of the rv from the outside. So far, I'm not willing to do that.

Mike

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like many others, we received the same recall notice. I had to call GD the other day about another issue but I mentioned the recall notice to the rep. He said that they didn`t want to get into detail because of liability issues if the owner did the fix themselves and messed up then had a fire and blamed GD. I think that is understandable. The rep assured me the dealers have the authorized fix instructions to follow and it is pretty easy. He also said the factory would pay an authorized mobile tech to do the fix if it was a real inconvience to the owner to get it to their dealer. All this sounded like a very reasonable explaination and solution to me.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mr. Goodwrench,

I sent an email to a service writer at my dealership whom I've worked with before, to see if I can make an appointment to bring it in and wait, since it is supposed to only take an hour. He should get the email when he comes in tomorrow (Monday) and get back to me with a positive answer. I had it there for warranty work a while back and they kept it for 6 weeks. I don't want to do that again.

Has anyone had the fix done yet?

-jj

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MY local RV repair people, contacted GD and got the necessary instructions, apparently the 50 amp breaker was wired backwards, he came to the house made the required change, and said we were all set ,he works out payment with Grand Design, nothing further for me to do. Thanks Grand Design for the easy no stress repair!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My dealer got back to me and said they could do the check/fix while I wait. So I made an appointment for this coming Wednesday.

-jj