Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=DaveMatthewsBand;205360]
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve7 View Post

Probably a dumb question but does it matter if it came with the weapon from the factory?
    I am 6’5” so I have big hands and this is a large handgun. It is one of the few out there that fits in my hand comfortably. I bought it brand new in Texas and it came with a 17 round (oops) magazine. There is no 10 round magazine for this weapon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I would write Steyr to see if they have a solution. You could put a plug in the bottom of the mag but in California, I doubt this would suffice.
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JColeman View Post
    All of this comes down to a single question: Why is anyone going to ask you if you have an illegal gun in your possession or search your rig? Are you acting out or obviously breaking any criminal laws? Or are you just an average (probably a more "mature" demographic) person just doing their average things and minding their own business.

I try to live my life with the "Four S Rule" in mind and then my CCW is much less likely to be needed. The S's are: Stupid people doing Stupid things at Stupid places and Stupid times. In other words, don't go to the ATM at 3:00am, don't wear a Cowboys jersey to a Broncos game, don't go to the after party at the local biker bar, etc.

Live your life, try to obey reasonable laws and don't act like a horse's rear end and you'll be ok.
    I have a story about traveling to Windsor with weekend guests from Ohio that wanted to gamble there (Dawn and I are not big gamblers). When they asked if we had mace my wife innocently showed them the key ring mace I purchased for her. Who would have known....Lol. They searched the car.
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestCamper View Post

I would write Steyr to see if they have a solution. You could put a plug in the bottom of the mag but in California, I doubt this would suffice.
    @Steve7 - The Steyr site sucks but they absolutely make 10 rd mags for the L9. These mags fit all of that series of gun.

https://www.ebay.com/p/Steyr-Arms-Fa...0501/659057896
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a story about traveling to Windsor with weekend guests from Ohio that wanted to gamble there (Dawn and I are not big gamblers). When they asked if we had mace my wife innocently showed them the key ring mace I purchased for her. Who would have known....Lol. They searched the car.
    Ya. As I said before, concealed means concealed, even in conversation.
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    That’s a good point. I always try to stay out of sketchy areas of town, rarely drive at night at all, don’t do atms at all, don’t go to bars, keep the truck and trailer in good shape and legal and don’t go more than 5 over. I also don’t have any stickers on the truck because so many cops will pull you over if you have a NRA sticker or if he hates Star Trek, or the Cowboys, or ???

Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The Steyr site sucks but they absolutely make 10 rd mags for the L9. These mags fit all of that series of gun.

https://www.ebay.com/p/Steyr-Arms-Fa...0501/659057896
    Oh wow. [emoji15]

Thanks!!!

Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ya. As I said before, concealed means concealed, even in conversation.
    Yeah, we didn't think anything about the small mace, and I had forgotten about it. I believe these are also illegal in NY? We will be traveling to Long Island to a wedding next year. Sad, the criminals could care less about following any laws.
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We still have a can bear spray in our RV but if I remember it says on the label not to use on humans.

Just a note: Just stop by Academy Sports and they have the Rough Rider 22 Cal Revolvers on sale for 99.99 with coupon you get a Mag Cylinder for 30 bucks with free shipping.

Yeah, we didn't think anything about the small mace, and I had forgotten about it. I believe these are also illegal in NY? We will be traveling to Long Island to a wedding next year. Sad, the criminals could care less about following any laws.
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project
    Sold - 310-GK-R Delivered 28 Oct 2016
    2016 GMC Denali 1 Ton Diesel SRW Payload 3727LBS B&W Hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    How about this... what if my gun is unloaded and locked inside a case with no ammo, locked inside a toolbox in the bed of the truck and the loaded magazine is locked in another toolbox in the truck bed?

Ammo in California does not need to be locked up. And the gun in the tool Box, in the back of the truck, yes would need to be in a separate locked case. California says if a tool Box in the back of the truck is mounted to the vehicle they will not consider it a gun case. They consider it a consul even if it was not factory equipped that way. So as long as the gun is locked in a case whether it's a hard case or a soft case, it does not matter, and not accessible to the driver or easily accessible to the passengers it's OK. Go figure, California government does not consider an aluminum or a steel Box bolted to the bed of a truck with multiple locks on it to be as secure as a nylon bag with a small lock on the end of it through a hole in the bag. <edited by Moderator Howard>

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by howson; 12-17-2018 at 10:06 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a shame. California is such a diverse state. There is so much to see, <edited by Moderator Howard>
    Last edited by howson; 12-17-2018 at 10:06 AM.
    2018 Reflection 315RLTS
    2023 F350 Lariat 6.7L/CC/LB/FX4

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast