Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 367bhs

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

367bhs

Good morning all,
    We are a family of three and have been camping in various forms all over the world. Some with the military, some with travels, and some just because we like to be outside. We still enjoy the old school backpacking trip for exercise and being out there in that situation, but those trips are beginning to pale in comparison to trips that we take with the 5th wheel, especially as we get older.
    This is a delayed post but non the less we are very excited to own a new 2019 367BHS!
    We did a ton of research and made the decision to go with GD after what we read, saw/touched, and stories of customer service. We have a good friend who purchased a GD trailer and had an issue with a door latch. Posted on FB about it and got a response from the owner about fixing it. Such a contrast to what we experienced with the other Co’s 5th wheel. All we got was no, it’s not our issue, oh and by the way thanks for the large sums of money you spend on our new crappy product!

We picked it up on Halloween and brought it home. We, I mean, I broke this unit in hunting this year in Colorado and it supported 5 of us extremely comfortably and was a breeze to get used to. Our other trailer failed with a slide issue and rather than sink one more cent into it we got rid of it and we picked up the 367 three days before hunting started. I had just enough time to unload the old, and partially load the 367 before leaving. Yes, I took a risk with a new, untested, 5th wheel out there but was not willing to deal with another breakage on the old one and spend more $ on it. I still have a lot of organizing and placing of things where they are comfortable for us but so far this is very well laid out and user friendly. There are so many things on this 367 that make life easier and more enjoyable.
    I absolutely love the wet bay valving panel and the ability to resupply water without having to pack up the trailer and go fill! Some small things, but when operating out in the middle of no-where it’s nice to be able to resupply water from a jug or run the hose to the river!
    This 367 did use quite a bit more propane than our last 5th wheel but I think there are several reasons for that. The new one is 8' longer and has a lot more windows to start with. The other variables were similar in terms of elevation, and outside temps, but for some reason I went through double the propane in the same week this past trip.
    I have an appt to have the dealer look at some things that were not operating as they should and check for propane leaks.
    I only found a few things that were not working quite correctly or maybe it was operator error. I can't get a movie to display on the tv, I can hear it, but don't get a picture. I also had issues with the furnace staying on once set. Meaning after adjusting the temp, I had to cycle the furnace off to get it to come on again. It didn't seem to be a pattern, just randomly when it would do this. The only other issue I have is the bathroom faucet sits such that when the water is on, it hits the back-top edge of the sink, making it difficult to wash my mitts. I don’t' know if it's just set up this way or if the faucet is just short.
    None of those are major issues, and none of them are upsetting. Sure, they need fixed and will be, but after the multitude of issues, broken camping trips, delays, frustration and a heap of money we endured with the last one...these issues are nothing in comparison.
    The 367 was fantastic to tow, and so darn easy to set up with the auto leveling. I’m excited to have the whole family camping in it this next year and am excited to have trips where I don’t have to stress out over what is going to break next or how to fix whatever while out, so we don’t have to break camp. But beyond that, I’m excited to have a stress-free wife while camping too! I know it’s new and shouldn’t have those issues and as it ages and has miles on it things will need attention. However, our other unit was new too, and in 3 years it ran up a hefty tab to get it to operate like it should have from the start.
    So far, we love this trailer and are very excited to get out there. My wife even said she wanted to go this winter! That's something I've never heard from her.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SKI367BHS View Post
    This is a delayed post but non the less we are very excited to own a new 2019 367BHS!
    Welcome to the forum! Let us know if you have a question or feel free to contribute if you can help someone else.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome! We’ve had our 367 for almost 2.5 years and it has been good. Plenty of room. Enjoy!
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum!
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the welcome.
    Will be glad to contribute as much as I can.
    I like the F350 and the B1 pics!
    We too have an F350 but the SRW version and I love it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have had 3 Grand Design trailers. We started with a 308 and then a 313 and now the 367 we love the 367 it is truly the best one we have owned yet.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am very glad to hear that! We are so burnt out over the frustrations with our last dumpster fire. This is our 4th 5th wheel and the first two were used and served us well, worked very well up until we traded up. Thanks!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 367 made me wish I'd bought the 3500 with a diesel instead of the 2500 with a gas engine. Those are sweet rigs. Enjoy it, and congrats.
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
    2020 Ram 3500 SRW
    https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7803/4...56f2161a_m.jpg

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey SKI367BHS on you TV issue - we have never used the Furrion stereo for the TV. We have a Vizio TV with a sound bar and Blu Ray player that we use in the rear living area as I have never had a great deal of confidence in the stereo systems that come in these RVs. We use it to occasionally listen to the radio or a CD and that is about it. Not much luck using the Bluetooth connection to play music from my phone. In addition we have a 24” TV/DVD combo in the front bedroom and a TV with Blu Ray player in the aft outside storage on the curb side.
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do appreciate the info and ideas!
    I have thought about that and in our last 5th wheel we did go this route because the sound bar was junk. I could only get the soundbar to play using the bt, or radio, it never played the tv/dvd sound no matter what I did. The playing of sound on the outside speakers was also very hit or miss, mostely miss and erked me everytime we tried to use it. The 5th wheel mfgr was not standing behind their product, the sound bar mfgr only had a 90 day waranty so it was a source of nothing but frustration.

With this one I've used the bt successfully and enjoy that. I did notice that while hunting we didn't pick up any signals either radio or tv so I might consider some sort of antenna for the radio. (we were in the middle of nowhere, up high 9k ft, and in the middle of the mountains so I wasn't really expecting to pick up anything. Although the SW radio was able to pick up the election the 5th wheel didn't pick up anything.

I think either I have a connection issue or it's an error on my part that I haven't figured out yet. It's under warranty so it goes back in I'll have them look at it change connections/components and if necessary some corrective training for me lol. I'm hoping it's that simple but we shall see. I am determined to have this components on this 5th weel work as they were intended to. We got completely hosed on the last one and I've learned from those experiences.

When you hooked up the tv in the side compartment was it easy to mount? I see the giant sticke for tv backing in the br, but nothing in that compartment. Or did you use something that is a stand kind of set up? We are really looking forward to camping this year and that this 5th wheel last us a long time. How long have you had yours and has it held up well for you and the family?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast