User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

XLS 20BHE - points for doing something different

I like the concept of the XLS line … which is to keep things a bit shorter, even though I think they are a bit light on cargo capacity. I don't know if anybody else has noticed that 20BHE on the website. It's a little strange but I have to give GD points for putting all the normal stuff in a box in an unique way. I'm guessing the whole sit-on-the-bed thing might be a difficult sell. I like the fact that the black/gray tanks can be right over the axles, although the dump valves are a bit far forward for my liking.

It'd be interesting to see something like a 20BHE with a comfortable murphy-bed/couch in the back (no slide) and a removable table to use as a dinette when the bed is folded.
    2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
    2021 Micro Minnie 2100BH
    previously - Reflection 28BH, Intech Pursue

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is becoming a thing. Jayco has a bunkhouse of similar setup except it has a traditional dinette. Thought it was a great idea until I saw how much dead space it had around the bed because the slide had to have room this is a unique way to address that issue but the missus immediately said no. She's on the fence that a murphy bed is the way to go for getting a couch and dinette because I really like the idea of towing a shorter trailer since I'll be setting up and taking down mostly solo. If they had a floorplan like the 21BHE with a dinette slide it would be a front runner.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a bit in the same boat. Given the kids' schedules, weekend camping works best if I can go ahead of the rest of them and get things set up. Running solo, I would prefer something shorter. For the bigger camping trips, I'd really love to find something that would work for us where I didn't feel like I had to scout each fuel-stop or stopping point via satellite and street-view imagery in the days prior to the trip. Thus I continue to look at the XLS offerings on the website to see if that perfect bunkhouse suddenly appears. I keep hoping the equivalent of the XLS will appear on the fifth-wheel side of the house... a 25-foot fifth-wheel with bunks and a lower-profile would be very nice.
    2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
    2021 Micro Minnie 2100BH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We keep coming back to the 2400BH for the reasons you stated. She wants that, I lean towards the Rockwood Minilite 2509S because it's almost 4' shorter. I'm personally not interested in a 5er. I like having the bed available for storage.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes. The Rockwood Mini-Lites are the others on my watch list. Having the bed clear is a very nice thing. I could even take the canoe if I had a TT. I’m guessing we’ll downsize in the next two years.
    2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
    2021 Micro Minnie 2100BH

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pilotpip View Post
    We keep coming back to the 2400BH for the reasons you stated. She wants that, I lean towards the Rockwood Minilite 2509S because it's almost 4' shorter. I'm personally not interested in a 5er. I like having the bed available for storage.
    I had some time to myself so I grabbed a coffee and hit a couple of RV lots this morning. I got lucky and the one with Rockwood products now just leaves them unlocked during the day. That let me spend some time by myself. The Murphy couch is more comfortable in the Rockwood 2509S than the 21BHE. Certainly the slide makes it feel a bit more spacious. The only issue I saw was that the bunks seemed a tad short. They may well be standard length. Regardless, they should work fine for anyone 5'4" or shorter (great for kids). I do like the axles and the cargo capacity as well.
    2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
    2021 Micro Minnie 2100BH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My kids are 2 and 4, and I'm only 5'7" so I'm good with the short bunks for a while.

The axle and spring issues that a lot of imagine owners are having is something that really bothers me. I know they all have issues but this seems like an engineering mistake on GD's part and it really bothers me. I can deal with the usual stuff but a bent axle or flat spring on the road leaves me stranded with the kiddos.
    Last edited by pilotpip; 01-11-2019 at 07:36 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like I'm gonna pull the trigger on this model today after work. My wife and I love the floor plan and understand that we may need to upgrade the Murphy bed mattress right away. Biggest kitchen area in a trailer this small. You don't need to sit on the bed as the dinette. When the bed is up you can sit on the backrest of the couch when flipped over under the bed as the seats. or on the couch itself by moving the slide in a bit. I'll probably make my terdler sit on the bed as i'm lazy and hes small anyway.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exciting! You’ll have to tell us how you like it after a few trips. There isn’t much here on the forum about that model yet. Enjoy!
    2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
    2021 Micro Minnie 2100BH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tumblingmirth View Post
    Looks like I'm gonna pull the trigger on this model today after work. My wife and I love the floor plan and understand that we may need to upgrade the Murphy bed mattress right away. Biggest kitchen area in a trailer this small. You don't need to sit on the bed as the dinette. When the bed is up you can sit on the backrest of the couch when flipped over under the bed as the seats. or on the couch itself by moving the slide in a bit. I'll probably make my terdler sit on the bed as i'm lazy and hes small anyway.
    How is the camper? Enjoying it so far?
    2019 Imagine 3000QB
    2018 Imagine 2800BH (SOLD)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast