Thread: 2019 Ram HD

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calnca View Post
    Local Ford dealer has a 2019 F350 Limited, PSD, DRW.......$94,000
    With the right trim it's not hard for the 150's to approach $75k. Dumb.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapid1 View Post
    Whatever someone is willing to pay....that is all anything is worth...very simple
    Isn't that the truth. Like a $5 bag of potato chips for instance.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My brother is a huge Ram/Dodge fan. He has at least 10, 3500 to 5500 rams. All new. My Ford will out pull all of them, much to his dismay. There is lots more to pulling then numbers. The Rams are nice tho. Cant really argue with the inline Cummins. Tried and true.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonemannn View Post
    My brother is a huge Ram/Dodge fan. He has at least 10, 3500 to 5500 rams. All new. My Ford will out pull all of them, much to his dismay. There is lots more to pulling then numbers. The Rams are nice tho. Cant really argue with the inline Cummins. Tried and true.
    I'm not doubting your claim but I am curious what you mean by saying your Ford will out pull the Rams. Does that mean their technical specs say it will or have you tested both and found the Rams can't physically pull the same load?
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch ISR Version
    Predator 3500W Inverter Generator
    2017 Ram 3500 Mega cab SRW w/6.4L Hemi, Ramboxes, Active Air Rear Suspension
    2017 Aluma 8214HS
    2015 Lund Crossover 1775 XS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonl78 View Post
    I'm not doubting your claim but I am curious what you mean by saying your Ford will out pull the Rams. Does that mean their technical specs say it will or have you tested both and found the Rams can't physically pull the same load?
    Same Brand, make, trailer same hill, one behind the other, My having to slow to keep behind him. donner pass, Lovelaand pass..both pull the load, just a difference I think in the RPM range of each being different. Fords sweet spot is perfect for towing. Go up those hills in 5th gear. My brothers is in 4th gear. On the flats, he cant keep up, struggles to maintain 70MPH. Ford can go any speed you want to spend money/fuel to run. BUT the Ram is very reliable. Very few problems, with literally millions of cumulative miles over all his fleet..
    Last edited by phonemannn; 02-04-2019 at 11:57 AM.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonemannn View Post
    The Ike Gauntlet tests seem to disagree with this statement but who knows. I've never noticed much of a difference pulling heavy between any of them. Now unloaded is a different story, my 14 Ram was a slug compared to either of the other 2.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure being able to tow an RV over 70 mph is what makes one truck better than another. Most of us RV to relax and not pretend we are in a NASCAR race on a public highway.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minnow101 View Post
    Not sure being able to tow an RV over 70 mph is what makes one truck better than another. Most of us RV to relax and not pretend we are in a NASCAR race on a public highway.
    Lol I agree and I own a Ford. No way in Hades I'm pulling 17000 pounds of trailer down our worn out interstates at 70+ mph. I'm sure mine would do it but when the Westlakes start letting go it'll take a week to clean up the mess!! lol
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JKellerJr View Post
    The Ike Gauntlet tests seem to disagree with this statement but who knows. I've never noticed much of a difference pulling heavy between any of them. Now unloaded is a different story, my 14 Ram was a slug compared to either of the other 2.
    I've watched a bunch of those Ike Gauntlet tests, fun to watch. But I always wonder - do folks really base their truck buying on whether they can crest the Ike pulling 17,000lbs 12 seconds ahead of the "other" brand?

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This reminds me of being in the sand box when I was a kid...…..

Brian

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast