User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Went in a different direction

After debating for more than a year between the Imagine 2400BH and Rockwood Minilite 2509S, we put a deposit on the Rockwood tonight. We liked the floorplan of both, but the extra space with the bed up was too good to pass up with young kids and the thought of what to do on a rainy day. Had they made an XLS with a slide and full size bunks it might have been in contention too. It was almost a coin toss between the two. For every pro/con we had about one, we could name one of the same about the other.

One thing I really like about GD, is this forum. The Forest River forum is much larger because the company is huge, and as a result the threads derail often. The discussions and debates I've had here learning about towing and other hotly contested topics usually devolve into a typical internet argument within a few responses. Thanks to all of you for the education I've received here. If our paths cross at the campground, the first cold beveridge is on me!

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pilotpip View Post
    After debating for more than a year between the Imagine 2400BH and Rockwood Minilite 2509S, we put a deposit on the Rockwood tonight. We liked the floorplan of both, but the extra space with the bed up was too good to pass up with young kids and the thought of what to do on a rainy day. Had they made an XLS with a slide and full size bunks it might have been in contention too. It was almost a coin toss between the two. For every pro/con we had about one, we could name one of the same about the other.

One thing I really like about GD, is this forum. The Forest River forum is much larger because the company is huge, and as a result the threads derail often. The discussions and debates I've had here learning about towing and other hotly contested topics usually devolve into a typical internet argument within a few responses. Thanks to all of you for the education I've received here. If our paths cross at the campground, the first cold beveridge is on me!
    pilotpip - Thanks for the update. I think it would be interesting for us, if you were to to maintain your connection with this forum and tell us how your new purchase goes.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cate&rob View Post
    pilotpip - thanks for the update. I think it would be interesting for us, if you were to to maintain your connection with this forum and tell us how your new purchase goes.

Rob
    X-2...…………..
    Randy & Sharon (Went full time April 14th 2017)

2016 Ram CC SB Outdoorsman 4x4 CTD
    Michelin 295/70R18
    Fold-A-Cover G4 tonneau,
    Dee Zee truck bed mat,
    Dee Zee tailgate assist,
    Dodge Ram 4x4 Steering Gear Box Brace
    Fumoto oil drain valve,
    Husky floor liners,
    WeatherTech No Drill Mud Flaps,
    Firestone Ride-Rite Suspension Kit
    Reece Pro Series 20K lb 5th wheel hitch

2018 Solitude 375res
    8K lb axles, springs & hubs with Nev-R-Lube bearings
    MORryde HD shackle kit with brass bushings & wet bolts
    Reece Sidewinder 19K lb pin box.

Rolling Along
    Now-Oct 2018: Prince William Forest Park, NPS, Triangle VA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    X-3

As you've probably noticed, most discussions aren't really GD specific, but rather about various components which all manufacturers use. Fridge problems aren't GD problems usually, but Dometic, Atwood, Norcold, etc. problems.

Dave

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    2015 Reflection 337RLS, #931, Built 6/14, Purchased New 1/15
    2015 Silverado 3500HD LTZ SRW CC, 8' Bed, 4WD, Z71, Duramax/Allison
    11,600 GVW, 3,739 Payload, 16.1 mpg for first 21,000 miles
    Reese Elite 18K Hitch with underbed rails
    Amateur Radio KQ3T (ex-WN8PXF, WA8PXF, N3CKQ)
    Felines: Butter (Abyssinian), Cinnamon (Burmese, R.I.P.), and Harry (Orange Tiger Cat, Rescued from Sutton Lake CG, WV)
    2018: Visitor Center Volunteer at Prince William Forest Park, Triangle VA, June thru October
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I almost bought a Rockwood, too. I was impressed with their build quality. Congrats! I'm confident you'll be happy with your new camper.

Please drop by on occasion with an update.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats. Made the right decision for your family. I too look forward to you hanging around and reporting on the Rockwood, we were interested in these as well.

Brian

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My previous trailer was a Rockwood. Had lots of good times in that trailer. Build quality was pretty good too. Only issues I had was a couple of bearing issues due to the person servicing making mistakes and some delamination due to a water leak that I thought I had but didn't quite get.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rockwood was our other choice also when comparing, the weight was just a little to much so we went with GD.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the update. I think most of us have be at that same cross roads you were at with two different manufacturers. With all of your research you made an informed decision and one that is right for you and your family. Floorplan and space were the big two for us as well.

Drop by every now and again on this forum and let us know how things are going. It was a pleasure having your input.

Hope to meet up with you down the road.

Pete
    Pete & Carla Nelson
    2017 F-350, diesel, DRW, Lariat, 8' bed, Ford's TPMS, Furrion camera, Revolver X2 Tonneau Cover
    2017 Solitude 384GK, with dual pane windows, slide toppers, gen ready, heat pump.
    Added items: WiFiRanger EliteAC (external antenna), WiFiRanger GoAC (Router),
    Trailer Saver BD3 w/underbed adapter, Cheapheat system, Fantastic fan (bathroom), 50 Amp Hughes Auto Former w/surge protection, 5th wheel skirting.
    MoRryde independent suspension, 8k axle, disc breaks, Sailun S637 tires

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My first camper was a Rockwood Mini Lite 1902. The build on it was great for its price point. I agree, the Murphy bed is handy.
    2018 Grand Design Momentum 350M
    2018 Dodge Ram 4500 4x4 4 door flatbed Cummins Aisin 4.10s

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast