User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    I found the following article; @Ditchdigger may have another link.

https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/rep...-acting-wonky/
    You found it. I don't know how to post a link, that is why I did not do it. Thank you for finding it and posting it for me.
    2012 Chevy 3500 DRW DURAMAX
    2016 Momentum 397th
    TOY 2013 800 RZR LE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you get the prepaid unlimited hotspot if you do not have Verizon phone service?

Can you stop it and start it ? I would only need it for 3-4 months during the year.

Thks

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by riven1950 View Post
    Can you get the prepaid unlimited hotspot if you do not have Verizon phone service?

Can you stop it and start it ? I would only need it for 3-4 months during the year.

Thks
    YES and YES
    2012 Chevy 3500 DRW DURAMAX
    2016 Momentum 397th
    TOY 2013 800 RZR LE

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was told there is a 10.00 start up fee but yes it's a month to month plan. My personal opinion is as fast plans and type service is changing I won't get into any long term contract. The Pre Paid Jetpack has to be on a separate account from your cell phones since it is prepaid and you don't need a Verizon phone service.

Thks
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project
    Sold - 310-GK-R Delivered 28 Oct 2016
    2016 GMC Denali 1 Ton Diesel SRW Payload 3727LBS B&W Hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CWSWine View Post
    I was told there is a 10.00 start up fee but yes it's a month to month plan. My personal opinion is as fast plans and type service is changing I won't get into any long term contract. The Pre Paid Jetpack has to be on a separate account from your cell phones since it is prepaid and you don't need a Verizon phone service.
    Thats good to know as they told me they couldnt do that, they said id have to put everything including my phone on prepaid

Ill have to call again to see if i can do what u said,

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thks
    As @Ditchdigger says, you can do both. I picked one up yesterday. Easiest cell company transaction ever! Since it's a prepaid account I didn't have to provide even my address, let alone birth date, social security number, pictures of tattoos and scars and ten close family members. The agent actually asked, "do you want to put in your address or a generic address?"

The device is well designed, with a thorough internal interface (connect with a web browser after you've connected your WiFi to the device) that makes set-up up easy and easy to reconfigure and personalize and improve security if you know a little about networks.

HOWEVER I don't have service on mine. I suspect that despite Verizon's service map showing good service here (just a few miles east of Tampa near Interstate 4) they don't. I've had a few brief connections with -84db signal (not good, but usable for low-demand tasks) but they last only a minute or two. Most of the time no signal, even at windows or outside the trailer.

Last night Verizon tech support was giving me the BS about "they've been working on the tower in your area and they need to reset it," which is from Paragraph One of the Stall the Customer Manual. (I've had the same nonsense from T-Mobile in areas not well-covered by them.) Will be working further with Verizon today to get a signal and internet connection.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those who have the Prepaid Hotspot, what does the "My Plan" prepaid hotspot 28366 show up as on your verizon account?
    I couldn't see this till I was on the phone with verizon for an hour & twenty minutes today to straighten out online account access.
    Looks like the wrong prepaid to me. If so I'll go to store or chat to get the 28366 plan.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Verizon Ugb  Plan-3.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	77.9 KB 
ID:	17694
    I'm seeing: $70 plan with unlimited data.
    Data UNLIMITED1
    Full HD Streaming (720p)2
    1 Once high-speed data allowance is used, you will have 2G speeds for the remainder of the month. Your data experience and functionality of some data applications, such as streaming video or audio, may be impacted unless you purchase additional data.

That sounds like the plan that throttles.

Thanks
    Last edited by gbkims; 02-15-2019 at 04:14 AM.
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a friend whose living is dependent upon absolute connectivity. He has three different accounts and the gear to run/bond/balance them.

His suggestion for truly unlimited, no throttling data was to deal with these guys: https://www.chgadgets.net for $70 a month.

Edit: No affiliation, not spam
    Last edited by JColeman; 02-14-2019 at 09:49 AM.
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gbkims View Post
    What does the "My Plan" prepaid hotspot 28366 show up as on your verizon account?
    I couldn't see this till I was on the phone with verizon for an hour & twenty minutes today to straighten out online account access.
    Looks like the wrong prepaid to me. If so I'll go to store or chat to get the 28366 plan.
    Attachment 17683
    I'm seeing: $70 plan with unlimited data.
    Data UNLIMITED1
    Full HD Streaming (720p)2
    1 Once high-speed data allowance is used, you will have 2G speeds for the remainder of the month. Your data experience and functionality of some data applications, such as streaming video or audio, may be impacted unless you purchase additional data.

That sounds like the plan that throttles.

Thanks
    I haven't been able to set up the online access, glad to know that it can be done.

The part about throttling may just be boilerplate that got included. Reports are that many reps are not aware of it and to ask for it by number.

There are several lengthy threads over on the Escapees forum and, while there seem to be some hiccups when the payment posts, no one is complaining about throttling. And believe me, some people seem to have tried their best to find a limit.

I haven't activated the Dish account since we got this Verizon account. I did upgrade from the Elipsis hotspot to the 8800L and find it to be much better. We're still experimenting with antennas, but I've had good results - as good as I'd expect from a booster - with just an el cheapo spike antenna.
    John and Jean
    Springer Spaniel furkids Mea and (the late) Molly
    Blogs - BataanMissing.com - AirSafety.info
    2017 Ford F-350 6.7L CC SB, Andersen Ultimate Hitch.
    2018 Reflection 337RLS fifth wheel.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTX View Post
    I haven't been able to set up the online access, glad to know that it can be done.

The part about throttling may just be boilerplate that got included. Reports are that many reps are not aware of it and to ask for it by number.

There are several lengthy threads over on the Escapees forum and, while there seem to be some hiccups when the payment posts, no one is complaining about throttling. And believe me, some people seem to have tried their best to find a limit.

I haven't activated the Dish account since we got this Verizon account. I did upgrade from the Elipsis hotspot to the 8800L and find it to be much better. We're still experimenting with antennas, but I've had good results - as good as I'd expect from a booster - with just an el cheapo spike antenna.
    I'd only ordered this late last month, just getting around to testing usage.
    I'd ordered by going to Verizon > Prepaid Plans > Tablets & Jetpacks as I'd read on:
    https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/ver...-for-jetpacks/
    "How do you get the plan?
    It's listed on Verizon's Prepaid Page under the Jetpack/Tablet section (don't get confused by their smartphone section at the top stating hotspot isn't included.).
    You can order it online, on the phone or in stores."

But then I see some folks say it doesn't work and many saying it does.
    So made me question if I ordered it correctly, versus going into a store and specifically ordering it via the special "28366" Plan number.

Going to try to use as much data as possible before my autopay date in case I've got the wrong plan and need to make a plan change.

http://www.theboondork.com/mainphp/w...-has-taught-me

Issues
    921.6MB session limit (8800L) 2-4-2019 https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/964610
    Reported Issues 2-11-2019: https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/rep...-acting-wonky/
    Last edited by gbkims; 02-15-2019 at 05:27 AM.
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast