User Tag List

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomado View Post
    Have you taken a look at AM Solar's Victron 50amp Multiplus kit with a Smart ATS which will avoid having a subpanel. I have been doing extensive research for a couple months and am going to be installing this over the next month. I have had a number of discussion's with AM Solar and it is my understanding that there is no one else that offers this and they are in the process of having it patented. This is how they are currently installing inverters for rigs with 50amp. They have been really helpful, have a good reputation and have been in the RV Solar business a long time. Here are some links that might be helpful.

https://amsolar.com/rv-inverters-chargers/99-vt3050kit

https://static1.squarespace.com/stat...+Explained.pdf

https://static1.squarespace.com/stat...TS+Diagram.pdf
    No, I haven't looked at their setup. Thank you, Damon! I'll give it due diligence.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you taken a look at AM Solar's Victron 50amp Multiplus kit with a Smart ATS which will avoid having a subpanel. I have been doing extensive research for a couple months and am going to be installing this over the next month. I have had a number of discussion's with AM Solar and it is my understanding that there is no one else that offers this and they are in the process of having it patented. This is how they are currently installing inverters for rigs with 50amp. They have been really helpful, have a good reputation and have been in the RV Solar business a long time. Here are some links that might be helpful.

https://amsolar.com/rv-inverters-chargers/99-vt3050kit

https://static1.squarespace.com/stat...+Explained.pdf

https://static1.squarespace.com/stat...TS+Diagram.pdf
    Damon,

Does this kit have to have 2 Victron 50 amp Multiplus 12/3000 Inverters? I am asking because the second pdf you posted only shows L1 as going to the inverter and L2 is getting passed thru. Would this mean that only L1 breakers would be able to be used if you did not have any shore power or gen connected and were running off the inverter only?
    Monty and Nena, with our 4 legged friend Allie

2018 Dodge Ram Laramie Longhorn CC 4X4 DRW Mopar M25 hitch with 90 gal Aux tank
    2018 Grand Design Momentum 376TH
    2014 Harley Tri-Glide

[SIGPIC]http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/ALAZARFLGAIAKSLAMNMSMONENMNDOKSCSDTNTXsm.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    No, I haven't looked at their setup. Thank you, Damon! I'll give it due diligence.
    You might want to reach out to AM Solar as I think they would know how to charge the batteries from your trucks alternator and not from solar panels like you were asking. There is a lot of good information under the DIY Instructions on their site that might also be helpful.
    Damon and Colleen
    2019 Ford F350 CC SB 6.7 FX4 Platinum
    5th Wheel Prep Puck System
    B&W Companion Non-Slider
    BAKFlip MX4 Tonneau Cover

2019 Reflection 28BH
    Progessive EMS-HW50C

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

315RLTS L1 & L2 Wiring Diagram

Will having an inverter on only one of the two 120V/50A lines be a problem in my 315RLTS?

With that question in mind I went out and mapped what line powers individual components and outlets. The results are startling.

The yellow outlets are powered by L1. They have yellow numbers (on black backgrounds) corresponding to their respective circuit breaker. Note the number of outlets on the refrigerator's 15A circuit!

The red outlets are powered by L2. These have red numbers on black backgrounds that correspond to their respective circuit breakers. I assure you it is not a mistake that the two hutch outlets are labeled as being on the washer circuit as well as the outlet on the side of the bedroom dresser. Very odd circuit pairing IMO.

Large components follow a similar pattern, with a colored number corresponding to the line and circuit breaker. (I hope that's clear.)

It's been a long day, so I'll leave any further comments or conclusions on this layout and what it means to the setup I'll add to the trailer to a later time.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Outlet to CB Drawing.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	105.8 KB 
ID:	17698

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjaike View Post
    Damon,

Does this kit have to have 2 Victron 50 amp Multiplus 12/3000 Inverters? I am asking because the second pdf you posted only shows L1 as going to the inverter and L2 is getting passed thru. Would this mean that only L1 breakers would be able to be used if you did not have any shore power or gen connected and were running off the inverter only?
    The kit only has one Victron Inverter. I don't have a generator or stock ATS so my shore power will go through the hard wired EMS (not shown) and then into the Smart ATS. I believe your question is explained in the write up. When connected to 50 amp (240VAC) service, leg one will pass through the inverter and supply all the loads on leg one. Leg two will bypass the inverter and run shore power directly to leg two. This offers the full 50 amp 240VAC capacity or 100 amps at 120 vac.

I should do a separate post as I do the install over the next month. I just purchased everything from AM Solar in the last week besides the solar panels and mounts. The solar panels/mounts I purchased from Brian Boones store and are 200 watts. There are no local installers near me so doing it myself I wanted a professional installer that I could easily contact with the many questions I will have throughout the process.
    Last edited by Nomado; 02-15-2019 at 06:31 PM.
    Damon and Colleen
    2019 Ford F350 CC SB 6.7 FX4 Platinum
    5th Wheel Prep Puck System
    B&W Companion Non-Slider
    BAKFlip MX4 Tonneau Cover

2019 Reflection 28BH
    Progessive EMS-HW50C

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I should do a separate post as I do the install over the next month.
    I, for one, would appreciate it if you documented lessons learned during your install. I'd definitely follow along the new thread.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    Note the number of outlets on the refrigerator's 15A circuit! . . . Very odd circuit pairing IMO.
    Hi Howard,

Not that this helps, but our 303RLS is wired in almost exactly the same way. The fridge circuit wraps around to most of the outlets in the back of the trailer.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, they're all wired a little different, don't think I've mapped Frig yet.
    Some I've mapped:

15A Water Heater - Single Outlet
    15A Dryer = Left Hand Bedroom Outlets, Left Hand Closet & Dryer Outlets
    15A Washer = Right Hand Bedroom Outlets, Overhead TV Outlet, Right Hand Closet & Washer Outlets
    15A GFCI = GFCI @ Island, Bath Room, Passthru, Kantleak, Outside TV Outlets
    15A Microwave = Microwave, Living Room Hutch, Rear Sofa Outlets

Off topic except it uses diagrams, configuring my home network for VLANs, makes my head tired & hurt.
    Firewalls today, oh boy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VLAN Home Network Block Diagram.pdf   Network Map Rev3.dwg.pdf  
    Last edited by gbkims; 02-16-2019 at 06:37 AM.
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AMSolar Config Research

The kit only has one Victron Inverter. I don't have a generator or stock ATS so my shore power will go through the hard wired EMS (not shown) and then into the Smart ATS.
    I've spent about three hours digging into AMSolar's information. I've made a few diagrams to try and understand what's going on. Below are my conclusions--will greatly appreciate your (and anyone else's) feedback if there's something wrong.

AMSolar's info was derived from their website: https://amsolar.com/rv-inverters-chargers/99-vt3050kit

Name:	Solar Diagram 1 v2.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	99.4 KB 
ID:	17709

Name:	Solar Diagram 2 v4.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	101.1 KB 
ID:	17720

Name:	Solar Diagram 3 v4.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	105.4 KB 
ID:	17716

Name:	AMSolar Modified v6.pdf 
Views:	33 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	17719

Edit: I have yet to figure out how solar will work into this system or using the truck to charge the battery. More to come!

Edit #2 : I found an error in diagram #4 . On just the inverter, the maximum is 120Vac/25A. (3000W inverter / 120Volts = 25 amps) I updated the diagram and marked it "v2".
    Last edited by howson; 02-16-2019 at 02:16 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @howson - I am very appreciative of the process you are going through here. I am a couple of lessons behind you and I am learning a lot from these posts. Thank you.
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast