User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If towing capacity is of interest or critical remember every option adds weight and subtracts from the available cargo capacity. Some such as the moonroof, FX4 are heavy and may make a difference. RE moon/sun roof. I don't like them, wouldn't use them and they do become a source of leaks eventually. To each their own though.
    2020 Ram Laramie 3500 DRW
    Solitude 320X sold
    2020 Raptor 356
    2012 Primetime Crusader 355BHQ (GF's)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So when I go thru the build up on Ford.com and add the LED headlights ($1180 upgrade), I get a message saying that BLIS ($540) is required w/ the LEDs. Means adding the LEDs really ends up costing $1720. Anyone know if I'm doing something wrong or there's some specific reason for this BLIS/LED relationship? Are the LEDs really worth that much? Thanks!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture1.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	17.8 KB 
ID:	17779
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbsah View Post
    So when I go thru the build up on Ford.com and add the LED headlights ($1180 upgrade), I get a message saying that BLIS ($540) is required w/ the LEDs. Means adding the LEDs really ends up costing $1720. Anyone know if I'm doing something wrong or there's some specific reason for this BLIS/LED relationship? Are the LEDs really worth that much? Thanks!

The LED lighting is not just headlights, it is ALL lights in the truck. They are all LED. Just get the ultimate tow package. It includes the LED lights. And, the led headlights are real nice, brite as heck.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbsah View Post

I replaced my fog and headlights with LED's last weekend. Took three sets of bulbs at $38 each. Maybe twenty minutes to remove the grill and install.

The LED's are great, but not $1180 great.
    John and Jean
    Springer Spaniel furkids Mea and (the late) Molly
    Blogs - BataanMissing.com - AirSafety.info
    2017 Ford F-350 6.7L CC SB, Andersen Ultimate Hitch.
    2018 Reflection 337RLS fifth wheel.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTX View Post
    I replaced my fog and headlights with LED's last weekend. Took three sets of bulbs at $38 each. Maybe twenty minutes to remove the grill and install.

The LED's are great, but not $1180 great.
    No way swapping in those LED bulbs are the same as the Ford LED headlights. No Way. They are like aircraft landing lights on hi beam. Super clear and bright. IMO.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonemannn View Post
    No way swapping in those LED bulbs are the same as the Ford LED headlights. No Way. They are like aircraft landing lights on hi beam. Super clear and bright. IMO.
    For $1180, they better include the aircraft.
    John and Jean
    Springer Spaniel furkids Mea and (the late) Molly
    Blogs - BataanMissing.com - AirSafety.info
    2017 Ford F-350 6.7L CC SB, Andersen Ultimate Hitch.
    2018 Reflection 337RLS fifth wheel.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought mine used, so pretty much had to go with what came with the truck - which wasn't much. Basically the only option was the Navigation system. However, I did get the truck for only $41k so I have room to add stuff. My Nissan Titan XD had every feature known to man, so I really miss the technology in this truck. The things I added (which I believe are must-haves) were:
    1. Line-X bedliner - spray-in bedliner is a must.
    2. AMP Research BedStep - I just can't hop into the back of the truck anymore, so you'll want a built-in step of some sort.
    3. TPMS. I ended up adding six more sensors to my TireMinder TPMS, but I would have much preferred to push a button and see a readout on the dash

Things I don't have that wish I did:
    1. Push button ignition. It's been years since I had to insert an ignition key to start a vehicle. Ford placed theirs on the steering console, and it's pretty low so all those keys lay on my knee when driving. I've added a carabiner clip to my keys so that just the ignition key can be taken off and used.
    2. 7-camera option. Especially to be able to see into the bed of the truck.

The list that you have made is pretty good. Enjoy your new truck!
    Last edited by jim1521; 02-19-2019 at 06:13 PM.
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS
    2020 Riverstone 39FK
    2016 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7L Powerstroke Lariat 2WD DRW

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTX View Post
    For $1180, they better include the aircraft.
    You do make a good point. I guess if you have the money, get the truck you really love. I did, and I love it.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonemannn View Post
    The LED lighting is not just headlights, it is ALL lights in the truck. They are all LED. Just get the ultimate tow package. It includes the LED lights. And, the led headlights are real nice, brite as heck.
    That's not what I'm seeing in the website; The LED headlights only refers to the head/tail lights.

Name:	Picture2.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	47.6 KB 
ID:	17780

And there is no "ultimate tow package".

The "ultimate Lariate package" says this: "This package adds numerous features to what is already a well-equipped truck: LED box lighting including LED center high-mounted stop lamp, . . . "

And the "Tow technology package" is basically a bunch of cameras; No mention of LEDs

I must be missing something somewhere. . . .
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I may have called it incorrectly. IMO yes, LED lights are worth the extra money.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast