User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    GDRV was able to contact the owners. So no further information is required. Feel free to discuss the topic on this thread if you wish.

There are a lot of scenarios that could lead to a fire. ..., or towing it with a Ford...

Jim
    Hmmmmm.......

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you haven't placed a smoke detector in your storage area near the transfer switch, water heater etc you should consider doing it.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Poor dogs.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alanhenson View Post
    Poor dogs.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Yeah, that is so depressing.

Jim

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree, so sad they lost their dogs. FWIW, we have made a small sign with a pic of our two dogs that says 'In case of Emergency, Please Rescue our Dogs Dixie and Lucy.' The sign has my cell phone number on it. We clip it to the outside of the RV whenever we are away and the dogs are inside. We also don't lock the entry door so it would be easy for a rescuer to get to them.
    2019 Solitude 384GKR
    Stored, used at Myrtle Beach, SC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sad to hear about the dogs. Trailer can be replaced but not the dogs. Must be devastating for the owners.

Bob
    2023 Reflection 150 Series 260RD
    2022 Ford F350 SRW CC 4X4 Lariat 6.7 camper package, B&W Companion RVK3300

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCZhome View Post
    It could be a number of possibilities. The majority of RV fires start behind the refer. Others start at the water heater, the inverter or converter, generator, breaker panel, ATS (automatic transfer switch), etc.....all areas that we protect with THIA by PROTENG AUTOMATIC RV FIRE SUPPRESSION.

I installed THIA by Proteng at the Newmar Rally in Indio last month a gentleman's Newmar Dutch Star that the fire started at the converter in the middle of the night. Fortunately he woke up to use the restroom and heard some crackling noise under the floor. He thought it was rats but went out to investigate and found his coach on fire.

The tube (designed for the race car industry in Europe) contains Dupont FM200 gas and is heat activated at approx. 300-320 degrees. The liquid in the tube turns to a gas as the temperature rises and at the point the tube ruptures the gas propels out of the tube at 300+ psi and it does it in a millisecond. At the point of activation, while removing much of the oxygen, the gas also replaces the heat with a super cold putting the fire out at the point of origin (see the video in the attached link).

It's a clean agent and so there isn't any residual damage that's caused by systems that use water, foam or dry chemical. It is environmentally safe and safe for humans and pets.

I will be doing a presentation and installations at the Grand Design Rallies at Las Vegas, Missouri, Colorado and Indiana. Here is a link for more information however, if you have specific information that isn't covered in this link, please contact me here or on the Grand Design groups on FB.

I am attaching photos that depict THIA by PROTENG being installed in my Momentum 376TH.

http://www.jczadventures.com/proteng/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyfSRafaJv0&t=56s

Attachment 17758

Attachment 17759

Attachment 17758

Attachment 17760
    This system sounds very similar to the extinguisher in commercial aircraft lavatory waste bins. I had a passenger decide to try and smoke a cigarette on a flight once and between the detector going off, followed by an message in the cockpit that the extinguisher fired, we ended up diverting and this gentleman had a date with the authorities. I wonder how this agent compares in effectiveness to halon. Halon is some nasty stuff, and no longer produced but it puts out a fire quick.

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pilotpip View Post
    This system sounds very similar to the extinguisher in commercial aircraft lavatory waste bins. I had a passenger decide to try and smoke a cigarette on a flight once and between the detector going off, followed by an message in the cockpit that the extinguisher fired, we ended up diverting and this gentleman had a date with the authorities. I wonder how this agent compares in effectiveness to halon. Halon is some nasty stuff, and no longer produced but it puts out a fire quick.

FM200 is a clean agent and is just as effective as Halon. Halon is not a clean agent and that's why it's been banned.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So sad about the animals. Material items can be replaced.
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCZhome View Post
    FM200 is a clean agent and is just as effective as Halon. Halon is not a clean agent and that's why it's been banned.
    Can you share what this system costs?
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast