User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I investigated a few years ago, and compared AAA, Good Sam, and Coach-Net (https://coach-net.com/).

Level of items covered were significantly more expensive, and not as inclusive with AAA.
    I personally do not like the pressure marketing that Good Sam/Camping World/et al engage in (all the same company), so did not want to do business with them.
    My first year of Coach-Net was a freebie thrown in by the dealer of our first RV (not Grand Design), so I've just stayed with them.
    Can't give any positives or negatives about Coach-Net - we've been trouble free for our years on the road.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jkwilson View Post
    Don't overlook FMCA https://www.fmca.com/fmca-rv-roadside-assistance They only recently started accepting towable owners for membership, but reports are good.
    Do you have any personal experience with FMCA. I noticed the towable option at their website. Odd under RV maker drop down, the very last one was Grand Design (even though the others were in alpha).
    2022 Imagine 3250
    2021 f250 fx4 7.3
    2016 Harley Ultra Limited
    1971 F100 Flareside (project)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by f100owner View Post
    Do you have any personal experience with FMCA. I noticed the towable option at their website. Odd under RV maker drop down, the very last one was Grand Design (even though the others were in alpha).
    No. Just what others have posted.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Hi Mark,

We had the same CAA "premium" coverage . . . until we heard stories like yours.

So, I decided to come at this from the other end . . . who do I see taking care of customers in campgrounds and along the side of the road? In the US (at least the I75 corridor) this is always Good Sams. The service suppliers all work with Good Sams every day. They know that they will get paid when Good Sams calls them.

There are a lot of "pressure marketing" things that I don't like about the Good Sams organization, but we pay the fee to have them available if we need this. (so far . . . we have not). We also have their "Travel Assistance" to get the rig home if I can't do it for any reason. Both are relatively cheap "insurance" vs the alternatives.

Rob
    ^^^^^^THIS!
    I had the 3 a's and found out the coverage I had was not what I was led to believe.

In Nov 2017 on the way hunting my truck broke down on the side of Dallas Divide pass in SW CO. After finding out the awesome news that the 3 a's wouldn't tow my 5th wheel, my friend called Good Sam and his coverage covered my truck and 5th wheel not once, but again 3 days later when it broke down a 2nd time. They towed the truck to a repair location and towed my 5th wheel to the closest campground, twice. The tow costs would have been in excess of 2K. They were awesome!
    On the way in during the 2nd tow, the driver was telling me they don't work with the 3 a place anymore as they were not paid on time.

Now obviously, this is my experience, but I was very impressed with this whole deal especially since I wasn't covered. My friend was, and just happened to be in my truck and there were no questions asked, they hooked us up and off we went. I was able to get a refund from the 3 a's because we'd paid for something that they didn't offer under what they sold us, but that took some work and time.

We've had Good Sam since and are under $100 a year for what ever I & the DW drive/tow or are in...mine or not, it's been great. As Rob said, there are some pressures to buy this or that, and frequent mailers. I'm not interested in all of that other stuff so that stuff feeds my wood stove and keeps us warm in the winter.
    I don't work for them, or any of that jazz, just passing on my experience.

Sean
    2019 Reflection 367BHS with a few mods
    2018 F350 6.7 SRWD CCSB
    1971 F250 Highboy with lots & lots of mods...

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SKI367BHS View Post
    ^^^^^^THIS!
    I had the 3 a's and found out the coverage I had was not what I was led to believe.

In Nov 2017 on the way hunting my truck broke down on the side of Dallas Divide pass in SW CO. After finding out the awesome news that the 3 a's wouldn't tow my 5th wheel, my friend called Good Sam and his coverage covered my truck and 5th wheel not once, but again 3 days later when it broke down a 2nd time. They towed the truck to a repair location and towed my 5th wheel to the closest campground, twice. The tow costs would have been in excess of 2K. They were awesome!
    On the way in during the 2nd tow, the driver was telling me they don't work with the 3 a place anymore as they were not paid on time.

Now obviously, this is my experience, but I was very impressed with this whole deal especially since I wasn't covered. My friend was, and just happened to be in my truck and there were no questions asked, they hooked us up and off we went. I was able to get a refund from the 3 a's because we'd paid for something that they didn't offer under what they sold us, but that took some work and time.

We've had Good Sam since and are under $100 a year for what ever I & the DW drive/tow or are in...mine or not, it's been great. As Rob said, there are some pressures to buy this or that, and frequent mailers. I'm not interested in all of that other stuff so that stuff feeds my wood stove and keeps us warm in the winter.

Sean
    I recently signed up for Good Sam ERS. I believe that in the literature it says they only provide ERS for vehicles YOU own. Perhaps I miss understood?
    2018 297RSTS
    2018 GMC Denali HD

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I may have to rethink my CAA coverage based on what I’m reading here. Thanks for posting.

Bob
    2023 Reflection 150 Series 260RD
    2022 Ford F350 SRW CC 4X4 Lariat 6.7 camper package, B&W Companion RVK3300

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SKI367BHS View Post
    ^^^^^^THIS!

Sean
    Tough experience you had with AAA,but,when we were headed home a couple years ago,just west of Detroit Michigan our fuel pump failed,called AAA,they towed our truck to a garage and the 5th wheel to a storage area and us to a nice motel with a close restaurtant .could not have been treated better and belong to Caa in Canada.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had Coach Net and they did not cover our tow. If you are out of cell coverage and can't contact them directly they will deny the clain regardless of circumstance.
    We had to be towed up in the Medicine Bow National Forest, No cell coverage and relied on a stranger to call for help for us. Once we were off the mountain I called Coach Net and explained our situation and was told to mail the bill in with an explanation and it would be covered . Then we got a denial letter stating we did not call them first , no coverage. Did not give them a 2nd chance and likely never will.

We now have Good Sams Road service but have not had the oppurtunity to call them yet
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Srobins,
    I know, I was shocked sitting there listening to the lady on the phone when all this happened.
    His level of coverage covered him in what ever he was in whether he owned it or not. The first tow company was "local" at 50 miles away, the second one was over a 100 miles away and they both arrived with a flatbed hauling a dually. The flatbed was for my TV and the dually was for my 5th wheel. Good Sam never asked any qiestions, other than if we were safe and where we were located. It was a huge relief when they said they were on the way and would be towing both units....huge relief!
    I believe it's the Platinum level that gives you this protection, but call them to verify that as it's been awhile since I signed up. They have these deals where you can sign up for more than a year (2,3,5 etc) and take advantage of better rates. We travel with others occationally, use rental cars a few times a year and I also tow a flatbed, or a water tank trailer for our property and I'm covered for those as well.

When I got home and spoke to them about it I was blown away, and mad at myself as to why I had not looked at this before we did the whole 3 a's thing. I think we were at like $200 a year with them, and it was only with a specific set of vehicles and a specific trailer, I wouldn't be covered with what ever happened to be hooked up at the time. Sitting there on the side of a pass arguing with them about my non-existant trailer coverage was madning. Moreover, unhooking my 5th wheel on a steep incline and leaving it there was not an option in my mind. (when the truck quit I was not able to get all the way out off the right lane and off onto the shoulder) I learned a lot of lessons that trip, this ERS coverage being one of them.

The hard part was selling my DW on the whole idea as we had the other company for a very long time and she was "comfortable" with them.
    She called them, spoke to them, asked a ton of questions and then asked me to re-tell her about the whole hunting dibocle. (lol, truth be told I think what sold her is the fact that my friend saved us the 2K on towing that would have been in addition to the repair bills which were already higher than that)

Again, not affiliated with them, or pushing them, just sharing my experience with this situation and what brought about the coverage changes I made. I hope this helps.

Sean
    2019 Reflection 367BHS with a few mods
    2018 F350 6.7 SRWD CCSB
    1971 F250 Highboy with lots & lots of mods...

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have had the Allstate Road help for 25 years. They have always been johnny on the spot when we needed help. We have had a couple of very expensive tows (one in Canada and one in Colorado) so maybe they are at break even for me. JMHO
    Robert/Sandy/Lily (mini Yorkie)
    2015 Grand Design 313RLTS
    2008 Dodge 2500 Cummins (modified)
    Past units: 85 Holiday Rambler TT, 88 Jayco 5th wheel, 91 Avion 5th wheel, 94 Hitchhiker 5th wheel, 2000 Discovery motorhome, 2001 Mountain Aire motorhome, 2005 42' Travel Supreme motorhome, 2014 Outback TT

http://i.imgur.com/cie9h38.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12