User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any new 31 mb owners here yet?

I know it’s a new floor plan and it’s one of our final two. Would love some feedback from new owners

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any new 31 mb owners here yet?

[emoji23]
    I knew it was new, but jeez...

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FLTom52 View Post
    I knew it was new, but jeez...
    Tom,
    I don't own one (obviously) but I'll toss in my .02. The review below is written based on my needs and desires so the opinions expressed may not be applicable to your situation.

KITCHEN
    - No hutch? That's where we put the coffee pot, Vitamix, and other items that plug in. Looks like a large sliding door is in that location to access the 2nd bedroom.
    - Interesting that they show an 8 cu ft refrigerator but under options the 12 cu ft is "forced". (That's actually good to have the 12 cu ft.)

DINETTE
    - I like the location! While I have the free-standing table and chairs in my 315 the dinette looks workable in the 31MB. (Some members here have modified their trailers to put their table in this location.)

PANTRY
    - Good for weight distribution that it's on the curb side. A small compromise from where it is in my 315RLTS.

SECOND BEDROOM
    - A dresser closet similar to what's in the master bedroom that would accept a washer/dryer (like in the 297RSTS) would be nice. (No washer/dryer connections make this a no-go for me.) This is a good-sized room due to the slide.

MASTER
    - I like what they've done with the headboard area. Looks like "real" nightstands. This works!

Only other item of interest is the tank handles are on the Nautilus panel--nice! Better than where they are on my 315, that's for sure.

Good luck!
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well “we” ( LOL) finally decided that when we buy the fifth wheel in the near future it will be the 31 mb. I would still love to hear from any new 31 mb owners.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just made our maiden voyage in our new 31mb down to Pigeon Forge and Great Smokey Mountain Park. Overall, very happy with the unit. One of the comments above re. the lack of a hutch (for me at least) was offset by the absolutely huge pantry. It swallowed up food for a week, coffepot, toaster, and more. I did find the couch a bit short (im 6'2) to nap or sleep on. What sold us on the floor plan was the openness with all of those rear windows and still getting that second bedroom (which I think is actually bigger than the master). So much internal storage. One other negative was the single soil pipe holder, need to figure out add'l storage options for more lengths. I ended up ubolting square PVC tubing to rear of unit, but something to think about.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "We" were debating between the 31mb and the 311bhs. We went with the 311bhs since it had a half bath, the hutch (as howson pointed out), and a wardrobe slide with secondary bathroom access. We would have chosen the 31mb if it had the hutch area and a wardrobe slide in the front bedroom. We love everything else about the trailer. I know they were going for a set length and weight for this model. However, it would be really cool to add about 2ft of length put in a hutch and add a front bedroom wardrobe slide with bathroom access just like in the 311bhs. Maybe GD could call it the 32mbws . Just my humble opinion.

Overall its a great floor plan and I think it would be great fun at the campground!!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have only had ours out for 1 weekend but so far it is great. The space in the bunk room is perfect for my son to play without having everything out in the living area. The one thing I wish it came with was a ladder to get to the top bunk. We will eventually buy one but it seems kind of silly not to include it.
    2019 31MB
    2004 Dodge 2500 5.9
    2015 Jeep 4 door
    1998 Mustang 5.3l turbo

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spedly View Post
    We have only had ours out for 1 weekend but so far it is great. The space in the bunk room is perfect for my son to play without having everything out in the living area. The one thing I wish it came with was a ladder to get to the top bunk. We will eventually buy one but it seems kind of silly not to include it.
    Saw about 22 choices of RV bunk ladders on Amazon.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for this informative post.
    2019 31MB
    2004 Dodge 2500 5.9
    2015 Jeep 4 door
    1998 Mustang 5.3l turbo

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or if your son is younger and you want to be cheap like me, you can make your own ladder out of pvc pipe and fittings. Bigger pipe would help stiffen it up as well. Cost less than $18 @ local hardware store.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190401-214432_Gallery.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	100.6 KB 
ID:	18900
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20190331_181747.jpg  
    Last edited by jasonl78; 04-01-2019 at 08:46 PM.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch ISR Version
    Predator 3500W Inverter Generator
    2017 Ram 3500 Mega cab SRW w/6.4L Hemi, Ramboxes, Active Air Rear Suspension
    2017 Aluma 8214HS
    2015 Lund Crossover 1775 XS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast