User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope they (GD) have this figured out. We are getting ready to start shopping for a Solitude 310. I went through this vinyl floor issue with my Reflection on the kitchen slide and don't want another one to deal with.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clsfly View Post
    I hope they (GD) have this figured out. We are getting ready to start shopping for a Solitude 310. I went through this vinyl floor issue with my Reflection on the kitchen slide and don't want another one to deal with.
    I think they do but a lot depends on the dealer's willingness to help. I just picked mine up today, they only had it 2 weeks and did a couple of other things also. The rollers are mounted on the floor now and ride on wood slats mounted to bottom of the bed, the slide goes in and out much smoother now. The bed also seems more solid when you flop down on it. There is zero chance that the floor will wrinkle again, nothing rides on it. I asked about the rear living room two slides and they don't use rollers at all. All in all it was handled very well and GD had no problem covering everything, I'm happy and still tell everyone I run into looking for RV's to look at Grand Design!
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting discussion! We picked up our 310gk last weekend. I’ll have to keep my eyes open re possible floor damage. What I find interesting is that on my previous rig, a Lance 1172 truck camper with dual slides, we did experience similar issues and were told that it had to do with the Schwintek slide out mechanism wasn’t ever designed for the weight of the slide out. Just like GD, Lance came out with a repair that included mounting metal slide plates beneath the slide out for the rollers to run on. That certainly fixed the problem for us.

Now on to the ottoman as our won’t stay tucked in either.[emoji45]. I’ll have to search the forum for a possible DIY fix as our dealer is a 4-hour drive away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Holger & Corinne
    Granite Bay, CA

2019 Solitude 310gk w/goosebox conversion
    towed by 2012 Ford F450 Lariat crew cab 4x4
    Bilstein shocks, Air-ride air bags
    2 independent on-board Viair compressors w/2.5 gal. air tank
    Boston Whaler 21' Outrage when not towing 5'er

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gengiant;226485
    Now on to the ottoman as our won’t stay tucked in either.[emoji45
    . I’ll have to search the forum for a possible DIY fix as our dealer is a 4-hour drive away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My dealer took care of that as I had the same problem. Installed a nice dark brushed metal sliding catch with a bigger ring in one end where you can pull from. Mounted one side to the front edge of the ottoman and the other to the wood facia of the bed next to the ottoman opening. Works great and looks pretty good actually. Boom! I'm sure you can get the same latch at Home Depot for $5 bucks and took all of 3 minutes for tech to install while I watched.
    Last edited by Txfivver; 04-06-2019 at 07:20 AM.
    Jeff

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    My dealer took care of that as I had the same problem. Installed a nice dark brushed metal sliding catch with a bigger ring in one end where you can pull from. Mounted one side to the front edge of the ottoman and the other to the wood facia of the bed next to the ottoman opening. Works great and looks pretty good actually. Boom! I'm sure you can get the same latch at Home Depot for $5 bucks and took all of 3 minutes for tech to install while I watched.
    Any chance you could post pictures of your latch?
    Thanks
    2018 Solitude 310GK-R
    Titan Disk Brakes, MorRyde SRE 4000 with X Factor Crossmember
    2022 GMC 3500HD Duramax Crew Cab, 4x4, SRW 6’ box
    Factory 5th/Gooseneck Prep with 20K Reese Goosebox

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ours is at the dealership now, hoping they will be able to fix this. I gave them your posts above with the details of the fix, so crossing fingers....!
    Our Setup
    2018.5 Solitude 310-GK
    2012 Ford F-450

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any pictures? We have the same issue.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markb777 View Post
    Any chance you could post pictures of your latch?
    Thanks
    I can't get to the trailer till late Sunday night but here is a similar latch. The one they put on is much nicer looking with a large finger loop ring to slide open instead of the small handle in this one. https://images.app.goo.gl/Y2JygMFpYwvcYC236 I will take a pic of mine and post as soon as possible next week.
    Jeff

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by grandsl View Post
    Ours is at the dealership now, hoping they will be able to fix this. I gave them your posts above with the details of the fix, so crossing fingers....!
    Good luck! Please post a pic of what they come up with. It's kind of crazy that GD doesn't put some type of latch on the ottoman from the factory. Oh well....gives us something to do I guess lol.
    Jeff

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ... It's kind of crazy that GD doesn't put some type of latch on the ottoman from the factory. Oh well....gives us something to do I guess lol.
    The drawer rails do have a detent, but they are very poorly installed (at least on our trailer) and low quality (at least they are ball bearing slides) that the detent does not work well enough to prevent the ottoman from sliding out.

I have a enough projects that I want to do, do not need help finding more

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast