User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobM View Post
    Years ago, had to unhook at a Home Depot in CT to fit into the old style gas stations available on I-84. That day led me to get an Aux Tank in my gasser. When I got the dually, first thing I did was get an aux tank in that also. At the end of the day at the campground, I unhook and refill both tanks as needed. My nerves couldn't take it anymore.
    We also bought the Aux tank for our truck. It sure makes life easier when traveling.
    2018 Momentum 397TH
    2017 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn Mega Cab 4x4 DRW 6.7L Cummins Diesel 3.73 AISIN
    B&W Companion

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know how far we will travel before we want to get gas. Knowing this I will search out gas stations in the area we will be at by the time we want to get gas. Doing this I will know where we will stop and everything about the station, price of gas food and areas to walk the dogs and how to get in and out.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My problem is my tank wont last as long as the trucks tank. However on the new truck I plan to have an in bed aux transfer tank. Then I can price shop a bit.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    powerscol

Your tank won't last as long as the trucks
    New truck will have an in bed aux transfer tank

Eewwww....

Mike
    Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
    2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get a card for an unattended cardlock station. I use Pacific Pride and their card works in other stations too. You don't need to be a business, just fill out a credit app. The stations are not hard to find, have plenty of room (it's just pumps, no store building to get in the way), and are generally not busy at all. Most have premium gas, but not all. They're open 24/7 and it lets you pump your own gas in Oregon.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthMuffin View Post
    Get a card for an unattended cardlock station. I use Pacific Pride and their card works in other stations too. You don't need to be a business, just fill out a credit app. The stations are not hard to find, have plenty of room (it's just pumps, no store building to get in the way), and are generally not busy at all. Most have premium gas, but not all. They're open 24/7 and it lets you pump your own gas in Oregon.
    A couple of questions:

How are their prices, compared to others in the local area?

Do they have diesel?

Thanks
    Tom and Janice (known as Tom in PGH on the “other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
    Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
    2019 F350 Lariat (Diesel) 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
    Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
    Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Richter View Post
    A couple of questions:

How are their prices, compared to others in the local area?

Do they have diesel?

Thanks
    They have more diesel than anything else! Prices seem competitive when I have bothered to make notes, maybe comparable to top tier stations and bit more than bargain stations. The problem is that you can't see the price you're paying exactly, you'd have to call them. It varies per location and I'm sure their bigger customers negotiate a better rate, so it's not printed on the pumps. I've always felt it's been fair though, and totally worth it for the lack of drama. Just pull up and get gas.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    I know how far we will travel before we want to get gas. Knowing this I will search out gas stations in the area we will be at by the time we want to get gas. Doing this I will know where we will stop and everything about the station, price of gas food and areas to walk the dogs and how to get in and out.
    That is a great plan which I will steal from you thank you. I am real picky about my diesel too, I don't buy from a place if it doesn't look like they move a lot of it, been there done that. We always Google the restaurants before we get there why not the fuel stops?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Once in a great while you get stuck buying fuel from a questionable place. My worst was actually a Pilot in the Texas panhandle. They only had biodiesel (B20) but my 04 6.0 can only handle B05 per the book. So I took on about 15 gallons to get to a bigger town 100 miles down the road and a good fuel stop I knew of. About 10 miles out I could really feel a power loss and rough running so I stopped an added a quart of Power Service cetain booster (white bottle) and the issues cleared up quickly. From that experience I always carry 2 - 5 gallon cans with me along with a supply of Diesel Service. If I am traveling in the winter I also keep a quart of Power Service 911 (red bottle). Save my hiney coming back from Mississippi (DW folks) one December years back. We had stopped overnight in Childress Texas (Walmart) and I was jelled in the AM (had straight #2 in tank). Popped filter (jelled) and pored some in the housing and the rest in the tank and walked to breakfast (Talk about a cold walk). She finally fired up about an hour later. A big truck that had parked next to me had two charcoal grills going - one under the truck engine and another under his tank.

Now having a good CB helps too as I can ask ahead about stops and pricing. Like before I cross a state line as state taxes vary.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post

Now having a good CB helps too as I can ask ahead about stops and pricing. Like before I cross a state line as state taxes vary.
    Who do you find to talk with on the CB? I remember the CB craze back in the 80s I think it was but it got pretty bad and the truckers were not interested in talking to a bunch of 4-wheelers, I finally gave it up. The last few times I tuned into channel 19 it was definitely not "G" rated.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast