User Tag List

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For $12 a year I'm not going to complain about this situation. I have gotten so much information off this site that to me it's been worth every penny even if it goes belly up tomorrow. The way every website seems to just bombard you with ads these days and the tricky way they move crap around hoping you'll accidentally click on it is a real turn off. Fox News is just one ad after another now. This site and Drudge Report have been outstanding. I hope that remains the same. If it doesn't I'll just move on. Life is too short to deal with aggressive ads and marketing campaigns.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    to the poster that wanted to know the ratio of fifth wheel owners to bumper pull owners, I saw out at the Indiana rally, that the fifth wheel owners were of the majority. We(the bumper pull owners) were clearly in the minority. there were, several full timers out there in the Reflection bumper pull category. By the way, The rally was a very pleasurable experience. If you get a chance, sign up and go.. You will enjoy it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Be careful of the things you say and do
    for little eyes are watching you.
    Believe it or not, YOU are a role model.
    2019 Reflection 315 RLTS 2016 Ford F250 diesel

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am a new member and joined after the ownership change. I am curious as to why Airstream owners (Andy and Janet) would want to be a part of a
    GDRV forum. Or maybe they now own GD products, and it is not reflected in this thread. Maybe they could fill out their equipment in their postings.
    ~Dean

2019 Ford F250 Supercab, 6.2L
    2023 GD Imagine AIM 18BH
    2012 Harley FLHRC, Deep Purple,; 2012 Honda PCX150
    "Auctioneer, specializing in FL onsite auctions"

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSwick View Post
    I am a new member and joined after the ownership change. I am curious as to why Airstream owners (Andy and Janet) would want to be a part of a
    GDRV forum. Or maybe they now own GD products, and it is not reflected in this thread. Maybe they could fill out their equipment in their postings.
    I'm not sure who Andy and Janet are however, many people come here and the Grand Design facebook groups because they're doing research on the Grand Design products. I don't know that that is what's going on here just saying it's not so unusual to see people here with other brands, even class A, B or C motorized units. Some people are doing research to upgrade while others are doing research to downgrade.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Dean,

Andy purchased this forum from Chris, last December per the announcement in post 1. Andy owns several different RV related forums and is the new owner of this one as well. Janet is his administrator. The moderator team for this forum, Jim, Howard, Brian and myself remain the same.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Site Team
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    First off, thanks for being part of the community. I still own a 1959 Airstream Tradewind but at 21 feet long (interior) it's quickly getting too small for our family of four. When we go to the local RV show my kids gravitate to 5th wheels. Who knows what in store for our future camping needs...

We have acquired/adopted many RV websites over the past decade. We are currently focused on building better tools for RVers like our smart phone app, RV Trip Planning tool, campground review website and article sites such as RV LIFE and Do It Yourself RV.

What I learned a long time ago was to listen to our communities and try to provide solutions for issues members were having. If they were planning an impromptu local rally, we provided them with an RSVP system. If they were selling their rigs, give them a classified section, in many cases they were asking for recommendations for campgrounds so we added a campground review section. The problem was that to cover 18,000+ campgrounds and have enough reviews to be meaningful, you need lots of RVers. So we ended up adding RVParkReviews.com to the mix (we recently change the name to CampgroundReviews.com so we could cover more types of camping options like boondocking or overnight locations).

Next up we are working on an RV Specific GPS system that will be like the Waze of RVing. Basically allowing anyone from our communities to contribute to our collective knowledge pool of Points Of Interest while you are RVing. These POIs include the obvious like campgrounds, gas stations, rest stops, overnight RV parking locations, dump stations, propane sources, and more. So our app will provide turn-by-turn directions based on the height, weight, length of your RV, if you are carrying propane (avoid some tunnels), etc. Then you layer on a social aspect and it will hopefully turn out to be something special.

Having worked with forums hands on for 17 years, we have learned how to work together with the teams on each forum to help them bloom. I consider a healthy forum one where lots of knowledge is being shared by the members and there are some social aspects too. That's how I came up with the name Social Knowledge for our company. I came up with that name before MySpace or Facebook existed.

Being a big believer in forums I spend time on forums for forum owners talking shop on what we can do to help be better stewards for our communities. I also chat with other forum owners talking shop and helping each other. I spent many years chatting with Chris prior to him deciding to sell the site. I won't speak for him but I believe he respected what we were doing and knew that it was hard being a small fish in a big pond (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Reddit, etc).

At some point you will be able to login to Campground Reviews with your Grand Design Owners login. Same with logging into the app. Then you will be able to filter reviews by fellow forum members. So if you want to see reviews of campgrounds by other Grand Design Solitude 5th owners you can do that.

We understand that each community is unique and we do not want to disrupt that. For example, here at Grand Design owners it's been communicated to us that members appreciate the ad free experience in exchange for being supporting members. We heard, we listen and we plan to keep that in place. Each one of our communities is managed by their peers. Here we have a great team of moderators who all own Grand Design products. It's our intent to support them and when we experience an issue in managing the community that we have some lessons learned from another site, we can share it with them. Inversely, we are excited to learn from our experiences here as well.

The reason we want to be part of GDO is because we noticed it was a nice community.

I'll update my signature now...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am a bit late to the discussion here. I am a member of several of Andy and Janet's other forums, including a stint as a moderator on 1. Andy and Janet and their teams run great forums, trying to keep the riff raff down, as well banning spammers quickly.

I was also a member of Chris' other forum for a bit.

It is a wonder that all 3 of them haven't served me notice for stalking.

Congratulations to Chris, Andy, and Janet for their mutually agreed upon transaction.
    Chap, Joy, and furbaby Argus
    2017 F350 diesel, 4x4, crew cab, short bed
    2017 Reflection 337RLS
    B&W slider for Ford 5th wheel prep package

[SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MtnGuy View Post

Congratulations to Chris, Andy, and Janet for their mutually agreed upon transaction.
    Have you considered that we followed you instead? Clearly a trend setter
    You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. | Dr. Seuss

Site Team
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    As Andy mentioned below, he and I have been in contact for a lot of years. We originally started talking as he was looking for forum communities to acquire, and I wasn't interested then. We kept talking about forums, how they were doing, what we were planning, and how we saw things growing...or not. Facebook and Reddit have provided an interesting twist for forum owners in the past couple of years. Forums cost money to run, Facebook doesn't. Our forum was growing exponentially! We were doing well, and becoming a bigger player on the forum stage. Andy and I touched base last year, and we shared our plans for the upcoming year. And I was truly intrigued by the direction that they were taking forums. I wanted the GDOF to be a part of that.

I've put my commercial drone license on hold for a bit, and am looking at what else we can do that is RV related. Michaela and I are more passionate about this than I am about flying drones. LOL. We're going to continue playing in the RV space, we're just figuring out what to do that is different than what everyone else is doing. I'll still be active here as well, since we just bought a new 385GK.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Andy R View Post
    Being a big believer in forums I spend time on forums for forum owners talking shop on what we can do to help be better stewards for our communities. I also chat with other forum owners talking shop and helping each other. I spent many years chatting with Chris prior to him deciding to sell the site. I won't speak for him but I believe he respected what we were doing and knew that it was hard being a small fish in a big pond (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Reddit, etc).

We understand that each community is unique and we do not want to disrupt that. For example, here at Grand Design owners it's been communicated to us that members appreciate the ad free experience in exchange for being supporting members. We heard, we listen and we plan to keep that in place. Each one of our communities is managed by their peers. Here we have a great team of moderators who all own Grand Design products. It's our intent to support them and when we experience an issue in managing the community that we have some lessons learned from another site, we can share it with them. Inversely, we are excited to learn from our experiences here as well.

The reason we want to be part of GDO is because we noticed it was a nice community.

I'll update my signature now...
    Chris Tretta
    Albuquerque, NM

2013 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4 6.7L Cummins
    2019 Grand Design 385GK
    2014 Grand Design 369RL - Sold
    Class A CDL, Doubles/Triples, Hazmat and Tanker endorsements

Site Team
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I always enjoy seeing people that I know on different forums that I am on. I know some of you from CumminsForum, from the TMOF, RV.net, etc. I think it is cool that as Andy continues to grow, that there will be a single sign on to multiple forums. So you can be tied to your Brand Owners forum, and then also to the larger communities, like IRV2, which are as much RV lifestyle as brand specific.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by MtnGuy View Post
    I am a bit late to the discussion here. I am a member of several of Andy and Janet's other forums, including a stint as a moderator on 1. Andy and Janet and their teams run great forums, trying to keep the riff raff down, as well banning spammers quickly.

I was also a member of Chris' other forum for a bit.

Chris Tretta
    Albuquerque, NM

2013 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4 6.7L Cummins
    2019 Grand Design 385GK
    2014 Grand Design 369RL - Sold
    Class A CDL, Doubles/Triples, Hazmat and Tanker endorsements

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast