User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2020 F-350: Worth the wait?

Hi all - We've been looking at F-350's for a while (thinking we'd be pulling the trigger soon, then life happens). Now I'm starting to see a few tidbits on the 2020's. Looks like a few things changing: New engine, new transmission, bed lowered, rumors of more torque and better mileage, etc. I'm expecting the price to increase too.

I'm trying to decide if I'm better off w/ the 2019 now or if the new 2020 features will be worth the price increase.

Anyone have any better intel or thoughts on the 2020's? Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNMVdAXn0Xo
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With new trucks coming from GM and Ram, you can bet that Ford is going to up the Annie with their new SuperDuties. The new truck is going to be stunning.

If you're going to be buying a new truck, I'd just go ahead and order one. That way you can get it exactly like you need--not too many options, not too few options. Most of those you're going to find on dealer lots are going to be commercial trucks (stripped) or top of the line luxurious trucks (too expensive.)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am in the same boat I want to get the GMC 2500 Denali and I am thinking of waiting till the 2020's come out.
    2019 GMC 2500 HD Denali
    2021 Reflection 337RLS / EMS HW50C
    Reece 20K Goosebox
    Solid Step

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    If you're going to be buying a new truck, I'd just go ahead and order one. That way you can get it exactly like you need--not too many options, not too few options. Most of those you're going to find on dealer lots are going to be commercial trucks (stripped) or top of the line luxurious trucks (too expensive.)
    That's exactly what I was planning to do; Figured if I'm going to pay that much for a vehicle, I want to get exactly what I want.
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been seeing a few '18 and '19 on autotrader at stellar deals. Not sure a '20 with all the new fangled gear is worth it. I have been tempted to go to the dark side (dodge) with a great deal that I have found.

Brian

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have thought about trading our GM in for a new GMC but we will wait for the 2020 models. There are changes that could make a difference. Like the new tailgate and the new camera system and the transparent trailer view. It allows you to see everything behind you when you are towing like the trailer isn't even there except the outline of the trailer. There are more changes too like a 10 speed transmission that Ford and GM developed together.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I am waiting. My dealer is going to let me know when the order bank opens for the 2020. However I am on the fence of another diesel or the new 7.3 gas. Need to drive both to decide.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The sound and smell of a new truck!!!!!

Have not pulled my 2019 297 RSTS much with my 2015 RAM 2500 LWB diesel since we have been snowed in but the few times I did pull it sure could tell it was back there compared to our previous travel trailer. Been making me thing about going to a 1 ton, just have not decided if I want a dually or single axle. Not particularly stuck on RAM even though this is my 3rd one and really have not had any issues. Previously had a dually and boy that are terrible in the winter, pulled one wheel off each side one winter and just looked to dumb to drive around.

Just hard to swallow the price tag of $60-$70k on a new truck when yours is paid off and they never want to give you anything for your old rig. But closing in on 70k mikes so if going to make a move I should do it sooner than later.
    Brian-USMC Retired
    2019 Reflection 297RSTS
    2019 RAM 3500 Laramie MegaCab-4x4 DRW-AISIN
    Propride 3P Hitch
    Spokane, WA

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    W... the transparent trailer view. It allows you to see everything behind you when you are towing like the trailer isn't even there except the outline of the trailer.
    That would be awesome and a major selling point for those who buy these trucks to haul RVs.

Ford has really missed the boat with their "Ultimate Tow Camera System" which I sarcastically call the "Ultimate Parking Camera System". (By default Ford's cameras are turned off when the vehicle is going faster than ~5 mph. What good is that?)
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Like the new tailgate and the new camera system and the transparent trailer view. It allows you to see everything behind you when you are towing like the trailer isn't even there except the outline of the trailer. There are more changes too like a 10 speed transmission that Ford and GM developed together.
    They always seem to come out with something new just after you buy. . . . that transparent trailer view looks pretty nice. . . .
    Joe & Dee
    Ontario, Ohio
    2018 Chevy 3500HD LTZ Duramax Crew Cab SRW Short Bed Payload 3523#
    2019 Reflection 337RLS bought February 2019 Dry Pin Weight = 2,320#, UVW = 11,100#
    Hitch - PullRite Super Glide 2700 - 16K
    Bed Cover - Roll-N-Lock
    TPMS - Tire Tracker TT-500 (non flow thru)
    Rear Observation Camera - Rear View Safety model RVS-155W-FB (2400-2500MHZ)

2017 303RLS bought April 2017 / Traded February 2019

Map represents States visited with our 303RLS /337RLS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast