User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Country Campers View Post
    I have the auto level and it works great , would not think one would need the level mate with that.
    I have the big level on the pin box for side to side when entering a site that allows me to get close and then let auto level take it from there.

Brian
    That is what i have been thinking, It is just those real off camber sites.
    2012 Chevy 3500 DRW DURAMAX
    2016 Momentum 397th
    TOY 2013 800 RZR LE

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FYI, my battery was getting low and I noticed the reception distance was not great, so I put a new CR2032 in it. Now I can connect from in the house while parked in the back driveway
    2019 F350 6.7L PS SRW CCSB Platinum
    2021 28BH with theater seating and 2nd AC
    2019 Imagine 2400BH w/solar (sold)
    https://rolling.howardweb.info/

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Country Campers View Post
    I have the auto level and it works great , would not think one would need the level mate with that.
    I have the big level on the pin box for side to side when entering a site that allows me to get close and then let auto level take it from there.

Brian
    If your Auto level is calibrated correctly...i.e. accurate, then a Level Mate Pro would not be needed. And if your Auto Level isn't correct, go through the calibration process and reset it to level. I had a LM pro in the Toy Hauler that I just traded in and saw no need to remove it from that one and put in the new trailer with Auto Level. Whoever bought the trailer got a free LM Pro.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine is mounted directly adjacent to the auto level control. Works flawlessly. You ask why do I need this when I have auto level. Well, my driveway, as well as many compsites, are too irregular for the auto level to function. I can level my Reflection perfectly in my driveway using the Levalmate pro.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the newest model and it has worked great so far. Just used it again yesterday. After everything was level according to the Level Mate Pro I checked it with a 6 foot level inside the camper and it was perfect. Love it.
    Chuck & Robin, LuLu and Georgie
    Highlands Ranch, CO
    2019 2670MK
    5.7 Toyota Tundra TRD with Towing Package
    TRD sway bar & Firestone air bags

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After some thought on this matter, I was thinking about sticking mine in a forward facing wardrobe closet in my bedroom. I wonder if that would make things a bit better. Closer to the truck. Less chassis interference and so on. The 285 has some really nice real nice places for install in the front bedroom.
    2016 Ford F-350 Super Duty XLT CCSB 4x4 6.2 gasser 3.73 E locker
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 285BHS

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FordmanNJ View Post
    After some thought on this matter, I was thinking about sticking mine in a forward facing wardrobe closet in my bedroom. I wonder if that would make things a bit better. Closer to the truck. Less chassis interference and so on. The 285 has some really nice real nice places for install in the front bedroom.
    Do like I suggested in an earlier post.....put it up with some masking tape first to see how well it works there. If it's good, make it permanent. If it's not, take it down and try another location. Repeat until you are happy with how it works.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    Do like I suggested in an earlier post.....put it up with some masking tape first to see how well it works there. If it's good, make it permanent. If it's not, take it down and try another location. Repeat until you are happy with how it works.
    Duly noted. I just need time to get to the storage lot or even camp to work on the project. I got so many other projects plus the normal stuff at work there is never enough time. Unfortunately, another house is not in the foreseeable future in which I have both a garage and parking spot for the trailer so I could in fact work on it at home and if I have free time after work. Right now, I am generally around 1.5 hours or so for small projects at the trailer. It's at least 60 minutes round trip in drive time alone. So to tape it and go back and forth could take all season for me right now.
    2016 Ford F-350 Super Duty XLT CCSB 4x4 6.2 gasser 3.73 E locker
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 285BHS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed mine yesterday, installed it in the bedroom wardrobe closet. Originally I thought I’d install it in one of the over the bed closets but the wall is sloped, wasn’t sure how it would do on the sloped wall so I decided on the wardrobe closet facing the passenger side. Works perfect, has a ton of range, I walked 30ft in either direction from the camper without losing signal. My phone is also connected to my truck, while streaming music from my phone disconnected from the trailer in the driver seat I was easily able to connect to the Level Mate.

For those unfamiliar, the 150 Series wardrobe closet is on the back wall of the bedroom vs the front, the Level Mate has no issues connecting. There is also a sleep mode that I noticed in the software, I assume to help with battery life. Finally I’m using a Google Pixel 2 XL running Android 9.
    2019 Ford F-250 CCSB Lariat Ultimate 6.2L/3.73 gearing
    2015 Ford F-350 CCSB 6.7L - previous
    2018 Grand Design 290BH
    B&W Companion RVK3300

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FordmanNJ View Post
    Duly noted. I just need time to get to the storage lot or even camp to work on the project. I got so many other projects plus the normal stuff at work there is never enough time. Unfortunately, another house is not in the foreseeable future in which I have both a garage and parking spot for the trailer so I could in fact work on it at home and if I have free time after work. Right now, I am generally around 1.5 hours or so for small projects at the trailer. It's at least 60 minutes round trip in drive time alone. So to tape it and go back and forth could take all season for me right now.
    Fair enough, I understand the busy part. Just trying to help a bit and make sure that you give it a fair shake before you give up on it. When it is working like it was designed to do, it is absolutely one of the best "mods" that I've ever done to the trailer. Good luck and hope you get it worked out.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast