User Tag List

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Free standing table mod

Easy mod to extend our stand-alone dining table. The prerequisite is the drawer that came with our 303 table
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FE352F88-C429-434D-84E2-D970573D9476.jpg   ADCA81A0-E2F4-4E91-B003-726AC1ADB00F.jpg   AE12972C-0F8F-43F8-8C34-840FD669E397.jpg  
    Frank and Harriett
    2018 303 RLS, Feb 2018 Build
    2009 2500HD Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Short Bed
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well done, we are looking at doing something like this also as the table is just too small for 4 people
    Don and Brenda
    2014 F350 CC Platinum SRW SB
    2019 Reflection 337 build 8/19
    Andersen ultimate rail mount

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Frank,
    I like this mod! I am giving serious thought to doing something like this for our 367. A couple questions for you. Are you finding the drawer slides strong enough to support someone leaning on it? I'm also wondering about some sort of support as the leverage on the base might end up pulling screws out of the slide floor. We have friends who camp with us and the kids can be rough on stuff. Not intentionaly, but... I can just see one of them leaning on it and then I have something else to fix...
    I think this is a great mod giving more room at the table and with a couple more of the folding chairs it'll make that a nice spot.

Thanks for sharing!

Sean
    2019 Reflection 367BHS with a few mods
    2018 F350 6.7 SRWD CCSB
    1971 F250 Highboy with lots & lots of mods...

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Sean

Good questions and I don’t have enough experience to provide a definitive answer. Our thoughts are that the drawer sliders are strong enough to support the extension under normal use. We considered additional support but are holding off until we have a bit more use. One thing that we noticed is that the current design really does not allow for someone leaning on the back end of the extension (in our case, the end closest to the island) as this can pull the front end up. We plan on latching the front of the extension to the table to prevent that from happening once we figure out the best way to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by SKI367BHS View Post
    Frank,
    I like this mod! I am giving serious thought to doing something like this for our 367. A couple questions for you. Are you finding the drawer slides strong enough to support someone leaning on it? I'm also wondering about some sort of support as the leverage on the base might end up pulling screws out of the slide floor. We have friends who camp with us and the kids can be rough on stuff. Not intentionaly, but... I can just see one of them leaning on it and then I have something else to fix...
    I think this is a great mod giving more room at the table and with a couple more of the folding chairs it'll make that a nice spot.

Thanks for sharing!

Sean
    Frank and Harriett
    2018 303 RLS, Feb 2018 Build
    2009 2500HD Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Short Bed
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch