User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully the UV won't crack them. I would recommend checking the area where the screws attach them to the roof every few months for small cracks radiating from the hole to the outside as a precaution.

Regards,
    Kevin
    2015 Ram Laramie 3500 4x4 LB Dually Crew Cab
    6.7L I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel Engine 5th wheel Prep
    68RFE Transmission Auto Level Rear Air Suspension 3.73 gears

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinpo View Post
    Hopefully the UV won't crack them. I would recommend checking the area where the screws attach them to the roof every few months for small cracks radiating from the hole to the outside as a precaution.

Regards,
    Kevin
    Will do, hopefully they will be fine as this is renogy's 2nd generation of them. I note the holes have washers/rings in them to help protect them. The lighter weight at ~6lbs vs 30lbs each was why I chose them. I spent more on the panels and less on the batteries, e.g. agms instead of lithiums, more weight on the tongue than up high. Most people seem to be doing light lithiums (awesome) down low and then heavier panels up top, I don't like that idea of being top heavier, but that's just me. If budget allowed no doubt I'd do lithiums and light panels.
    2019 F350 SRW w/equalizer hitch
    2019 Imagine 2800BH

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I note the holes have washers/rings in them to help protect them.
    That's awesome! That will work quite well. I'm sure they (or another supplier) has had a problem in the past. I also like the low profile style.

Regards,
    Kevin
    2015 Ram Laramie 3500 4x4 LB Dually Crew Cab
    6.7L I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel Engine 5th wheel Prep
    68RFE Transmission Auto Level Rear Air Suspension 3.73 gears

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinpo View Post
    That's awesome! That will work quite well. I'm sure they (or another supplier) has had a problem in the past. I also like the low profile style.

Regards,
    Kevin
    Actually I just opened some of the other panels and they don't have the eyelet/rings in the corner to screw through. So Im thinking this one was a used panel, going to check the others, will probably return the one with the rings in it.
    2019 Imagine 2800BH

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Flexible panels have a lot of issues and don’t last anywhere near as long as rigid panels which is why we didn’t use them.

Here’s a video explaining these issues:

https://youtu.be/onMZ_dRSFUs

I also highly recommend watching Wills other videos, as he is good at explaining complex solar theories in layman’s terms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TAKE NOTE: im returning those FLEXIBLE 160W panels, good thing i bought them on amazon. Only getting 52watts from them in mid day texas sun.
    2019 Imagine 2800BH

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Home vs. RV solar panels

Quote Originally Posted by G3502800 View Post
    TAKE NOTE: im returning those FLEXIBLE 160W panels, good thing i bought them on amazon. Only getting 52watts from them in mid day texas sun.
    Yep, that’s typical from flexible panels.
    You probably got a used return.
    You’ll see decent output only when they’re new then as Will said in the video you’ll see numbers like that after only 6 months a year tops.

Also, I am aware that people associate Renogy with solar but that’s just good marketing, there’s much better solar components out there.
    Do some research and you’ll get the same results. I always steer people away from anything with a Renogy label on it.
    Last edited by DaveMatthewsBand; 05-15-2019 at 12:08 PM.
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But that Renogy stuff is affordable. I got a quote from a well known solar installer in OR for a system to charge my batteries and be expandable to 400 Watts and a 1kw inverter. I got a quote for almost $4k. I built a system to do the same job for under $1k. The higher priced one will probably put out good power for a long time. The system I put together will probably do the same thing. If not the components are cheap enough to replace. So I guess what I'm trying to say is not everyone needs a Cadillac system for the way they use there trailer.
    Jim & Georgianne
    N. California
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty PSD
    B&W Companion hitch
    Rubber turtle with no name

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah no issue with Renogy, I've got a few of their glass panels that have been in service for many years now, I use them for a pond pump and on-top of a shipping container. They're solid. Just not loving the flexible panels. I ordered 6x 160w solid mono renogy to replace the flexible panels.
    2019 Imagine 2800BH

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G3502800 View Post
    Good to know, thanks for sharing this.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast