User Tag List

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh brother! I am/was a Chevy guy, not because I thought Ford/Dodge were poor, it's just that my Dad was a Chevrolet Dealer for over 30 years, so I drove Chevy's. I love it when folks start comparing numbers etc., the reality is all three trucks will get the job done. And, I am sure folks will laugh at me, but the main reason I went with the F450 was the 4:30 rear end ratio.

What is hilarious is after driving Chevy's my whole life is watching me try to find the knobs and buttons in a Ford. One odd little quirk is Chevy has a one swipe mode on the wind shield wipers, Ford does not.

The driver information thingy by the speedometer is kind of cool, I really wish I could personalize it. It's got good information, just scattered all over. i have to scroll through some menus to find what I want, it's a distraction I don't need while driving. Similar to reading a text.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D2Reid View Post
    Oh brother! I am/was a Chevy guy, not because I thought Ford/Dodge were poor, it's just that my Dad was a Chevrolet Dealer for over 30 years, so I drove Chevy's. I love it when folks start comparing numbers etc., the reality is all three trucks will get the job done. And, I am sure folks will laugh at me, but the main reason I went with the F450 was the 4:30 rear end ratio.

What is hilarious is after driving Chevy's my whole life is watching me try to find the knobs and buttons in a Ford. One odd little quirk is Chevy has a one swipe mode on the wind shield wipers, Ford does not.

The driver information thingy by the speedometer is kind of cool, I really wish I could personalize it. It's got good information, just scattered all over. i have to scroll through some menus to find what I want, it's a distraction I don't need while driving. Similar to reading a text.
    Get a Bluetooth obd device and download forscan. You'll be able to customize just about everything, especially that annoying double honk when you get out of a running vehicle with the key in your pocket.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper Dreamin' Dreamers's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dallas-just push the squirter button just once, it should wipe once. If it wipes 3 times yo can reprogram it to wipe once. Also look for the "my screen " setting. You can set up that page to only display what you want! Ford has you covered, brother!!!
    All in good fun ������
    Duane, Mary Jo, and Milo the dog = Full Timers.
    2019 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4x4 6.7 psd
    2019 GD Momentum 351M
    2016 BMW R1200 GS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamin' Dreamers View Post
    You can set up that page to only display what you want! Ford has you covered, brother!!!
    Not only is it some foreign kind of Ford design it has all new wizmo gizmo's to learn, they have made some upgrades since 2013. So I am playing with the trailer set up, I got MOMENTUM typed in as a trailer name then it asked me did I want light, medium, or heavy trailer brake input, ok that's not exactly what it said, but I chose medium and it set the brake actuator at 9. I'll probably have to go in there and delete that out, but not knowing what I needed to say is bothersome. It was interesting that they have electric/hydraulic brakes as an option, as well as 5th wheel. New toys... Now I have to go find "my screen". Something to do tomorrow for sure.

In the mean time I have decided on Luverne Black O Mega Wheel to Wheel running boards., Gator Trax rollup bed cover, a Duha underseat organizer, Saddleman Seat Covers and am considering an Air Lift suspension system.

My wife is giving me the stink eye, freaking waste of money. But a man must do what a man must do. Those are bare essentials. IMHO
    Last edited by D2Reid; 05-28-2019 at 11:08 PM.
    Dallas

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not only is it some foreign kind of Ford design it has all new wizmo gizmo's to learn, they have made some upgrades since 2013. So I am playing with the trailer set up, I got MOMENTUM typed in as a trailer name then it asked me did I want light, medium, or heavy trailer brake input, ok that's not exactly what it said, but I chose medium and it set the brake actuator at 9. I'll probably have to go in there and delete that out, but not knowing what I needed to say is bothersome. It was interesting that they have electric/hydraulic brakes as an option, as well as 5th wheel. New toys... Now I have to go find "my screen". Something to do tomorrow for sure.

In the mean time I have decided on Luverne Black O Mega Wheel to Wheel running boards., Gator Trax rollup bed cover, a Duha underseat organizer, Saddleman Seat Covers and am considering an Air Lift suspension system.

My wife is giving me the stink eye, freaking waste of money. But a man must do what a man must do. Those are bare essentials. IMHO
    Some women just don't understand. What will she say when you give her the real list of things you want to do.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Some women just don't understand. What will she say when you give her the real list of things you want to do.
    LOL, "You are spending too much money, why do you need that?" One of the joys of being married for over 30 years is a full understanding of each other. Her response is mostly one of habit, there were times in our lives when we didn't have much and every penny counted, she remembers those times and still worries about it.
    Dallas

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL, "You are spending too much money, why do you need that?" One of the joys of being married for over 30 years is a full understanding of each other. Her response is mostly one of habit, there were times in our lives when we didn't have much and every penny counted, she remembers those times and still worries about it.
    Dallas, you could always try the "ask for forgiveness instead of permission" technique. ………………

I used it once when I brought home a new motorcycle. Scratch that..... now I remember why I've never used that technique again. The garage got awfully cold at night

Even though you have defected to the dark side, I predict you're going to love that new truck! Maybe try hollering "Dammit Jim, I'm an RVer not a starship commander!" Maybe that'll open up some analog options.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL, drove at night for the first time, couldn't figure out how to turn the lights on. Had DW jumping out of the truck to see if they were one, back in, back out, back in, back out... Now remember I don't have any running boards yet.
    Dallas

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats! Now you need to update your signature to 2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 F450...

John
    John, Heidi and our 2 Cocker Spaniels Venus & Big Papi
    2016 Relfection 30BH 5th wheel
    2016 F350 SRW CC SB 6.7 Diesel 4x4
    Pullrite Superglide with Superrails

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by perfpix View Post
    Congrats! Now you need to update your signature to 2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 F450...

John
    Will do waiting for a good photo op....
    Dallas

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast