User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JColeman View Post
    Looks like your grease fittings are on the outside. Can you reach them without removing the tires?
    I got a straight grease coupler to just fit between the tires, but an angled coupler would be better.
    Good memory jogger, an angled coupler was on my to do list, kinda forgot about it.
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cookinwitdiesel View Post
    You are correct on the weights. the CRE3000 is still a great fit for the lighter trailer - you should be very happy with it.
    I went out and did MORryde's qualification measurements and it doesn't look like I will be able to use the CRE3000 either. They require a minimum of 3" clearance above the tire and on the right side (kitchen slide) I only have between 2 3/4" to 2 7/8". I guess I need to start a thread and see if any other 2670MK owners have installed the CRE3000 and if they had any clearance issues.

Dale
    Dale & Tammy
    Retired U. S Army and Retired Helicopter Pilot
    2021 Ford F-350, 6.7L Diesel, 4x4, Lariat Ultimate
    2018 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK (sold)
    2022 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale G View Post
    I went out and did MORryde's qualification measurements and it doesn't look like I will be able to use the CRE3000 either. They require a minimum of 3" clearance above the tire and on the right side (kitchen slide) I only have between 2 3/4" to 2 7/8". I guess I need to start a thread and see if any other 2670MK owners have installed the CRE3000 and if they had any clearance issues.

Dale
    That is pretty close, are your tires aired fully?
    2019 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali Diesel DRW (Crew Cab | 8 Ft bed | OEM Puck System | Curt Gooseneck Ball for OEM Puck | Timbrens on rear axle)
    2019 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3740BH-R Fifth Wheel (Onan 5500W LP Generator | MORryde CRE3000 and HD Shackles/Wet Bolts | 3x MORryde Cross Members | 8k Axles and Disc Brakes | Sailun S637 ST | Reese GooseBox 20k 2nd Gen | Splendide Stackable Washer and Dryer)
    Full Suite of Victron Energy Products (2x 5k 24v Quattro Inverter/Charger | 2x 25.6/200 LFP Smart LiFePO4 Batteries | 2880w of Solar Panels across 4x MPPTs | Cerbo GX)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cookinwitdiesel View Post
    That is pretty close, are your tires aired fully?
    Yeah, they are at 80PSI. I talked to one of the MORryde's tech people and they said 3" is the absolute minimum. Anything less than that and you will get contact between the tire and the bottom of the floor. The only thing I could do is put in a spacer or install better springs. I think I will also check out the other companies and see what they have to offer. I am at least going to install the heavy duty shackles and wet bolt kit they have.

Dale

Dale
    Dale & Tammy

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been looking into different upgrades to improve the suspension and maybe extend its life. The most popular seems to be the Morryde CRE 3000 and Heavy Duty Shackle Upgrade Kit. Since I have an Imagine 2670MK I was also thinking of adding the Morryde X Factor to the center hanger to help stiffen this area. I was wondering if it is worth the money to install the X Factor on the end hangers as well or is that just a waste of money?

Thanks,
    Dale
    Dale,
    You only need the center hanger to be supported by the X Factor bracket IMO. I have a video that I have taken under moderate simulated sway where only the center hanger and frame section was in bending. The outside hangers were not moving. In sharp turns the forces of the two axles are in opposite directions and cancel out so there is also no motion and little stress on the hangers. Also the failures of the rear hanger on the rear axle are due to axle wrap and over stressing in heavy braking where this force is fore and aft and not side to side. This is where the V clip will help.
    Jim
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestCamper View Post
    Dale,
    You only need the center hanger to be supported by the X Factor bracket IMO. I have a video that I have taken under moderate simulated sway where only the center hanger and frame section was in bending. The outside hangers were not moving. In sharp turns the forces of the two axles are in opposite directions and cancel out so there is also no motion and little stress on the hangers. Also the failures of the rear hanger on the rear axle are due to axle wrap and over stressing in heavy braking where this force is fore and aft and not side to side. This is where the V clip will help.
    Jim
    Thanks, I appreciate the information. It might be for nothing though because I did the MORryde qualification for the CRE3000 and I do not have enough clearance on the top of the tire on the right side. The minimum is 3" and I have only about 2 3/4". I can't get two 2x4s wedged on top of the tire and they are right at 3" thick. I can still do the shackle/wet bolt upgrade and the X-Factor though.
    Dale
    Dale & Tammy

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, I appreciate the information. It might be for nothing though because I did the MORryde qualification for the CRE3000 and I do not have enough clearance on the top of the tire on the right side. The minimum is 3" and I have only about 2 3/4". I can't get two 2x4s wedged on top of the tire and they are right at 3" thick. I can still do the shackle/wet bolt upgrade and the X-Factor though.
    Dale
    Dale,
    Check to see if you have flattened springs. I would also call GDRV since you should have more clearance than this. Do you see any witness marks just above the tires where there has been contact with the floor?
    Jim
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dale,
    Jim
    This matches what I was told by my installer so I only bought one.
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, they are at 80PSI. I talked to one of the MORryde's tech people and they said 3" is the absolute minimum. Anything less than that and you will get contact between the tire and the bottom of the floor. The only thing I could do is put in a spacer or install better springs. I think I will also check out the other companies and see what they have to offer. I am at least going to install the heavy duty shackles and wet bolt kit they have.

Dale

Dale
    Hi Dale. Don't know if this was mentioned here but when you install the wet bolts be sure to clock the holes in the bolts to 3 or 9 o'clock. This will help ensure you can get grease to exit the holes.
    Hope you can resolve the tire clearance issue. I have the CRE3000 on my 315 and we no longer have anything on the floor after towing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dale,
    Check to see if you have flattened springs. I would also call GDRV since you should have more clearance than this. Do you see any witness marks just above the tires where there has been contact with the floor?
    Jim
    Jim,
    The springs still have a nice curve to them and there is no sign of contact of the tire and the floor. My driveway is sloped to the right and makes the camper lean to the right, I wonder if that could be affecting it and is why the left side has the 3" clearance and the right side does not. Also, if I remember right, the right side of the camper carries more weight than the left side.
    I have also been looking at the Dexter E-Z Flex Equalizers which are a direct replacement for the Dexter 013-122-02 equalizers which is what is on my camper. They seem to get good reviews on E-Trailer and are Made in America. So far I haven't found any restrictions that would keep me from using them as long as you current equalizers are the 013-122-02. Nothing seems to be easy with this trailer.

Thanks,
    Dale
    Dale & Tammy

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast