User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our Solitude has a back-flow prevention valve behind the shower. I found it when I had to fix a leak in the shower valve. I also use a separate (black) hose for black tank clean-out. I always wear disposable gloves. One need only get a septic inflection once to never want that to happen again.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The valve behind the shower is a vacuum breaker. When there is pressure on it, the air vent closes and allows flow to the tank. When the water is turned off and the pressure drops the air vent opens and allows the water to drain back in both directions. So... All of the water that is on the supply side of that valve runs back toward the supply anyway. In theory, this setup should effectively isolate one side from the other. Unless... If there is a blockage in the rinse fitting in the tank, the pressure will not be relieved and the air vent will not open. The other way this valve can fail is when the bugs crawl up the line and block the air vent open. This results in a flood behind the shower wall. Ask me how I know this... 🤬

All that being said, we don't trust and or don't like the taste of most water sources anyway. So, like many people we drink bottled water. I installed a drinking water tap and a pump. We just pump out of a 5 gallon bottle in the basement.

I'm not a germaphobe, but gloves and sanitizer are still the uniform.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    I guess I'm lazy..... I don't like having to move my water supply hose from the water inlet to the black tank flush inlet when I drain the black tank. If I'm leaving a site sometimes it's OK but if I just need to flush and am staying it's a hassle. And I don't like having to run 2 hoses.

So.... I did what I did in my previous RV - I ran some PVC pipe with ball valves and check valves so I could just quick connect my supply hose and control water to which ever (or both) inputs.

Anticipating the next question - fear of cross contamination between the black tank flush and fresh water: there is already an anti siphon valve to the black tank flush (which I inspected just to be sure it works) and I incorporated check valves (just in case).

The loop I run in the hose to the quick connect is to provide some strain relief to the water connection.

Attachment 13675Attachment 13676
    That is a nice clean job. Well thought out and laid out. If I'm not mistaken both the fresh water and black water inlets have non-return valves behind them too.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wicked ace, that's right, both inlets have a one way valve and I also included check valves my input plumbing.

I've since added this valve so I can shut the water off without having to do it at the spigot. (being lazy again) I have a thread on that mod here someplace.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fullsizeoutput_27e8.jpeg 
Views:	76 
Size:	169.8 KB 
ID:	24795
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like that set up, looks like you have back flow protection on both sides - nicely done. I currently use a Flexzilla garden hose for the fresh water inlet and then one of the expandable hoses to flush the black tank because I only connect it temporarily for the flush - in other words because I'm there to baby sit it I don't worry about the cheaply hose busting. I also use the Orbitz quick connections (from Home Depot) on all the ends, which is a time saver. Another trick, probably everyone already does and knows about is that I use a flow counter meter to count the gallons into the black tank for the flush, I don't trust the light gauge indicators on the panel!!

Flexzilla hose: ( I keep a 3' hose always connected to the inlet and poke it through the opening for the hose to connector to site water - also carry a 50 and 25 foot lengths )
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Expandable hose:
    https://www.amazon.com/Greenbest-Gar...DM26QQG89&th=1

Flow Meter:

Name:	eddie_.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	24794
    Last edited by Grand Rocky; 02-10-2020 at 05:31 PM.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    2021 RAM 3500 MegaCab SWD Diesel 4x4
    SOLD --> 2020 Solitude 310GK

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wicked ace, that's right, both inlets have a one way valve and I also included check valves my input plumbing.

I've since added this valve so I can shut the water off without having to do it at the spigot. (being lazy again) I have a thread on that mod here someplace.

Name:	fullsizeoutput_27e8.jpeg 
Views:	76 
Size:	169.8 KB 
ID:	24795
    The reason I said it was it used to be two check valves in series qualified as a back flow preventer. I think the current code language has changed but the principle is the same.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are those two light dimmer knobs on each side of the GD logo? if so, would you kindly provide the part(s) used and a wire diagram? I want to dim the main 8 lights in the living area on ours so bad.
    Last edited by Grand Rocky; 02-10-2020 at 05:33 PM.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Rocky View Post
    Are those two light dimmer knobs on each side of the GD logo? if so, would you kindly provide the part(s) used and a wire diagram? I want to dim the main 8 lights in the living area on ours so bad.
    Grand Rocky,
    Here is my post on those dimmers (which control the LEDs over our dinette and recliners.

Here is an alternate dimmer switch (in our bed room).

Here is a link to all my mods.

I'll be adding a dimmer for our main living area lights too, but plan to use this switch (easier to use). Expensive, but easy to use as I relocated my main light switch to a wall area (no longer on the control panel in that cabinet.).
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I first started reading this thread I thought yeah, that's cool. I'll get to that kind of stuff eventually. But now I'm thinking about it.

I never never knew or thought about the tank flush inlet having a check valve in addition to the anti siphon valve. I'm thinking what's the last thing we do at the end of the season? We flush the tank, but how many people know that we should put some antifreeze in that line too because it can't drain? I didn't. 😕

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grand Rocky,
    Here is my post on those dimmers (which control the LEDs over our dinette and recliners.

Here is an alternate dimmer switch (in our bed room).

Here is a link to all my mods.

I'll be adding a dimmer for our main living area lights too, but plan to use this switch (easier to use). Expensive, but easy to use as I relocated my main light switch to a wall area (no longer on the control panel in that cabinet.).
    Thank you Traveldawg, much appreciated!

I used this switch for the bedroom:

But the "interior" ceiling lights were giving me pause, so, thanks again. I did buy this LED controller for something else and have it in my toolbox, just never installed this device. Maybe it will work.

Sorry, this thread sort of got on a tangent, back to the water inlet line. I agree that for people like me whom may need to winterize and drain the lines, some sort to relieve valve or drain valve to depressurize may also be needed - if nothing more for convenience. I wish this set-up and an adjustable press gauge was just built into the Nautilus System.
    Last edited by Grand Rocky; 02-11-2020 at 10:08 AM. Reason: tangent

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast