Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Black Tank Flusher inlet

Hello,
    Regarding the use of the 'Blank Tank Flusher inlet', I read that you should NOT use your "fresh water hose".

...Why is that -- could stuff in the black water tank backflow into the hose or what exactly?

With that, should hook the hose directly to the city water source faucet, or can I hook to the fresh water docking station and pull the city water from there?

Thanks!

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think a lot of people do use their fresh water hose and I think that's ok. The water that comes back out of the flush inlet is clean water due to the vacuum breaker in the line. The place where you could potentially run into issues is where you leave a hose connected all the time, but you should be ok if you only hook it up for a flush and then disconnect.

I'm not really sure what you are asking with your second question.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by FT4NOW; 05-02-2021 at 08:45 AM.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blank Tank Flusher inlet

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Master IceMan View Post
    Hello,
    Regarding the use of the 'Blank Tank Flusher inlet', I read that you should NOT use your "fresh water hose".

...Why is that -- could stuff in the black water tank backflow into the hose or what exactly?

With that, should hook the hose directly to the city water source faucet, or can I hook to the fresh water docking station and pull the city water from there?

Thanks!
    It “could” contaminate the hose but highly unlikely
    But just get a separate hose and hook it to the campground spigot
    Easy and costs a few bucks

Edit. Unsure how and where you would hook up to the docking station anyway
    To run a line from there all the way to the black tank flush would take more work imo considering the flush is likely right beside the source. On my model anyway
    YMMV

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    Last edited by NB Canada; 05-02-2021 at 08:48 AM.
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Water Docking Station has an Outdoor Shower connection -- and which also means I wouldn't have to disconnect from the City Water faucet.

In addition, I could use "hot" water -- if that would be better than cold coming from the City Water faucet.

Given that, is this a sanitary, and possibly even better solution?

...Oh, and I'll definitely use a separate dedicated "black water hose", either way
    Last edited by Grand Master IceMan; 05-02-2021 at 09:38 AM.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blank Tank Flusher inlet

the first thing I hook up on pedestal is a Y connection
    One goes to fresh other is used for campsite including black flush
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0625.jpg 
Views:	281 
Size:	14.1 KB 
ID:	33832

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    Last edited by NB Canada; 05-02-2021 at 09:56 AM.
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know a lot of people on here are strictly against using their drinking water hose for flushing or even using a y and having both connected at the same time due to the possibility of cross contamination. The flush system those have a vacuum valve. I think the risk are really low. Where you might run into an issue is using your drinking hose at a dump station, specifically if its indicated that it's non drinking water.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, but the hose I use is not really the question here: It's super easy and cheap to use a separate hose for black water.

The question is really more about whether it's ok to hook up to my Holding Tank Outdoor Shower -- as opposed to the City Water faucet?
    And does this also give me the advantage of being able to use "hot" water to flush the tank?

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, but the hose I use is not really the question here: It's super easy and cheap to use a separate hose for black water.

The question is really more about whether it's ok to hook up to my Holding Tank Outdoor Shower -- as opposed to the City Water faucet?
    And does this also give me the advantage of being able to use "hot" water to flush the tank?
    I think if you're that worried about contamination that you would use a different hose, you cancel that benefit by hooking the outdoor shower from your freshwater system to the flush inlet.

I dont think it's a problem either way you decide to do it, just saying that your proposed method defeats the purpose of a separate hose.

Additionally, your freshwater outdoor shower water pressure is most likely a bit lower than that of the spigot. You want water pressure for the tank flush. I dont think the hot water is a huge benefit.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    the first thing I hook up on pedestal is a Y connection
    One goes to fresh other is used for campsite including black flush
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0625.jpg 
Views:	281 
Size:	14.1 KB 
ID:	33832

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    I do the same
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Water Docking Station has an Outdoor Shower connection -- and which also means I wouldn't have to disconnect from the City Water faucet.

In addition, I could use "hot" water -- if that would be better than cold coming from the City Water faucet.

Given that, is this a sanitary, and possibly even better solution?

...Oh, and I'll definitely use a separate dedicated "black water hose", either way
    That is exactly what I do. I keep a short hose with a quick disconnect attached to the shower port. I plug it in to the black water flush line when it is time to rinse. I dump the hot water in with the rinse before we leave to go on the next leg of the trip. It is recommended to never leave a hose attached to the flush port when you are not actively flushing. Bad things happen if the water gets turned on at all.
    2018 Reflection 303rls, MORryde IS
    2017 Ford F-350 CC SB SRW 6.7L Diesel
    Blue Ox Super Ride hitch

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast