User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Towing in Florida using Sun Pass question

I towed across the Skyway bridge in January and it was no big deal. went thru the sunpass only lane saw the GO on the screen as I went thru.
    Towed across again in February and also saw the GO on the screen.
    However, yesterday I received an infraction letter showing the back of my trailer and a toll due and a fine for not paying the toll.
    I went online and added my trailer as a vehicle in the system (back dated it to cover the infraction date) and paid the toll.
    My question to those who tow using Sun Pass, what is the norm?
    One time I was good, another not so good.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you tried calling the Sunpass people ? Possibly a conversation with them might eliminate the fine... We haven't tried crossing the bridge with trailer in tow so can't help there. My thoughts is it will always say go to not hold up the sunpass line. Curious tho, was the GO in the usual color or did it change colors indicating a problem.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did eliminate the fine when I backdated the additional vehicle.
    I don't recall seeing a different color but as you know it flashes so close to being out of view as you're driving past.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know if it changes colors. just thought maybe. lol Yeah I have not seen anyone go as slow as posted, people fly through the pass lane. At first I was the lonely slow person but now flyy through with the flock. We just make sure there is a balance on the pass periodically.

You are missing some fabulous weather, the past couple weeks have been almost as nice as April usually is and the upcoming days are just as good...sell that trailer and come on down !

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SmartSelect_20210317-095202_Chrome.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	81.4 KB 
ID:	32767
    Marcy & Gary
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My camping buddy and I went to Fort Pickens across Pensacola Beach Bridge. Read that if you didn't have Sun Pass there would be $2.50 monthly fee plus $1 per time you cross bridge. My friend got bill for one trip across and I did not get bill, even though we drove across with campers once and then back across with just trucks once each.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    I don't know if it changes colors. just thought maybe. lol Yeah I have not seen anyone go as slow as posted, people fly through the pass lane. At first I was the lonely slow person but now flyy through with the flock. We just make sure there is a balance on the pass periodically.

You are missing some fabulous weather, the past couple weeks have been almost as nice as April usually is and the upcoming days are just as good...sell that trailer and come on down !

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SmartSelect_20210317-095202_Chrome.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	81.4 KB 
ID:	32767
    We are only a few miles north of you in New Port Richey if you hadn't noticed my signature. And we will be at Oscar Sherer and Myakka River state parks end of March and first week of April. Might even do a boondock night under the bridge.

I did have a balance in my account and added a little more since we'll be doing the skyway again in a couple of weeks.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jleonard View Post
    We are only a few miles north of you in New Port Richey if you hadn't noticed my signature. And we will be at Oscar Sherer and Myakka River state parks end of March and first week of April. Might even do a boondock night under the bridge.

I did have a balance in my account and added a little more since we'll be doing the skyway again in a couple of weeks.
    Oscar Sherer is a pretty tight campground. Myakka River State park is huge. How far in advance did you have to make the reservations? These places are booked long in advance.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both parks are great, ,as Jerry said Oscar is on the tight side. We are parked in Bradenton until the end of April. Then we wander around. My brother was in NPR last month..
    When we first started coming here it was a tough decision to go private park or State parks. In the end it cost about the same and decided then to just park for the entire time (5 months) . We are at the Encore park you pass as you head south (not parked on the freeway side) not the greatest place but not the worst either.

Marcy & Gary
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    Oscar Sherer is a pretty tight campground. Myakka River State park is huge. How far in advance did you have to make the reservations? These places are booked long in advance.
    Don't recall exactly, but I think it was in December. We were lucky to be able to get a five days in each back to back. I think we have to move one time in Oscar Sherer.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl